Windows 10: Unpin Search & task view from taskbar

Discus and support Unpin Search & task view from taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does anybody know how to unpin the search & task view from the taskbar? They take valuable space in the taskbar while they can easily be triggered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Entropy, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Entropy Win User

Unpin Search & task view from taskbar

Does anybody know how to unpin the search & task view from the taskbar?
    They take valuable space in the taskbar while they can easily be triggered with windows key shortcuts.

:)

Entropy, Oct 6, 2014

2. how to unpin from taskbar

Hi,

You can Right Click on the Taskbar and uncheck "Show Task View Button".

The other Taskbar Icons that have been "Pinned" and are not just on the

task bar because the program is running will have a Right Click option of

"Unpin this program from the task bar". Edge, File Manager, and others

that were pinned will have that option.

Rob - SpiritX

SpiritX MS MVP, Oct 6, 2014
  3. How do I remove unwanted icons from tablet mode taskbar?

Hello Jim,

To remove these icons from your taskbar, right-click the taskbar and uncheck
    Show Task View button
    . For Cortana, right-click the taskbar, select
    Cortana > Hidden. Right-click the left arrow and click
    Unpin from taskbar.

Keep us posted.

Devlin Sco, Oct 6, 2014
  4. Unpin Search & task view from taskbar

paulsalter, Oct 6, 2014
  5. Entropy Win User
    This is solved in the final version by adding the option to remove them by right clicking the taskbar.

Entropy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unpin Search & task view from taskbar

1. Unpin Search & task view from taskbar - Similar Threads - Unpin Search task

2. How to UNPIN copilot from task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to UNPIN copilot from task bar: I just got copilot dumped on me in an update thanks, Microsoft - I don't want this garbage. It's been pinned to my taskbar, and when I right-click the icon there is no option to unpin again, thanks microsoft, NOT. None of the typical right-click options come up for...
  3. How to UNPIN copilot from task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to UNPIN copilot from task bar: I just got copilot dumped on me in an update thanks, Microsoft - I don't want this garbage. It's been pinned to my taskbar, and when I right-click the icon there is no option to unpin again, thanks microsoft, NOT. None of the typical right-click options come up for...
  4. Windows unpins apps from the taskbar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows unpins apps from the taskbar: Hello,I would like to ask, if there is someone who has a problem with pinned application to taskbar. When I download app from Microsoft Store like Messenger or WhatsApp, I pin it to taskbar. However, when I run the app, it unpins and in Start Menu it shows something like...
  5. Invisible taskbar icons and cannot Unpin from taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible taskbar icons and cannot Unpin from taskbar: I have 2 apps (E-Mail and Edge) in taskbar that doesn't shows icons. It is so annoying that I cannot even Unpin from taskbar. I have done following without helping: * Uninstalled and Installed the app again * Unpined from Startmenu * Deleted %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet...
  6. "Unpin From Taskbar" option is Broken

in Windows 10 Support
    "Unpin From Taskbar" option is Broken: Hi; i say it is broken because when we right-click on Edge and click UnPin, Nothing Happens! I've read posts that say i will have to alter xml files or the like in order to remove Edge from the taskbar; we are not saavy enough to get into that type of fix. This is a bug. Will...
  7. Task view on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task view on taskbar: Hello, I run Win 10 ver 1803 (os build 17134.48). Is there a way to remove the "task view" button from the taskbar? In fact, can I remove it completely from my pc? Thanks...
  8. Remove 'Search' & 'Task View' Icons from WTP Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove 'Search' & 'Task View' Icons from WTP Taskbar: Before: [img] After: [img] Remove Search Icon from Windows 10 Taskbar: 1. Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor. 2. Now go to following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion 3. Create a...
  9. Can't unpin items from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin items from the taskbar: I can pin items to the taskbar but when I right click on an item I can't unpin. Only had this problem with 10240. 8606
  10. Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?: Is there a way to remove those two items ? They cover up icons I pin to the taskbar *Huh 2199

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unpinning task view from task bar