Windows 10: Unpredictable BSOD Critical process died - dell xps 15

Discus and support Unpredictable BSOD Critical process died - dell xps 15 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings! I tend to get a BSOD when working in visual studio, often when doing something requiring heavy processing but occasionally simple things.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by arexford, Feb 18, 2016.

1. arexford Win User

Unpredictable BSOD Critical process died - dell xps 15

Greetings!

I tend to get a BSOD when working in visual studio, often when doing something requiring heavy processing but occasionally simple things. The BSOD simply says CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. In googling, it seems that might be a driver error. I tried running the verifydriver, following the directions of a windows post I found, which caused the computer to bluescreen before loading windows every time with a driver error that did not specify a specific driver that caused the problem. I'm hoping that will be somewhere in the minidump that should be within the attachment (created by following the posting directions). I was not able to figure out from the minidump what driver might specifically be the problem, if I'm even barking up the right tree about a driver issue in the first place. There doesn't appear to be any minidump from the critical process errors unfortunately.

I've tried to do all I could on my own by searching for processes and answers before posting here. Thanks for the help!!

:)

arexford, Feb 18, 2016

2. Serious problem with my PC. Frequent bluescreen errors! Help needed. Minidump files attached.

Submit Cancel
    I am experiencing BSOD since 15-20 days. Few days back I downgraded NVidia driver and everything was well, no BSOD. Today, when I was watching youtube, suddenly there was crash with BSOD and a very noisy buzzing sound. I get "UNEXPECTED STORE ERROR"
    or" CRITICAL PROCESS DIED"

My laptop: Dell Vostro 3546( Windows10, 4GB, 1.9Ghz, 1TB). I have performed all diagnostics and got no error.

Link to minidump: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_mI455BxLOWTUxJMVlxY1lvOUU

I guess there is some problem with NVidia or intel graphics driver. Please Help.

chiranthkothari, Feb 18, 2016
  3. cescoc Win User
    Dell XPS - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD error on Windows 10.

Original Title: Dell XPS - critical process died error BSOD.

Hello,

I have a XPS 9530 and have not so recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 everything was working but after a while I decided to make a clean install because I wanted to clean the system since it was starting to be a bit "dirty".

Since then I am getting these Critical process died errors.

I'm uploading the following files:

Link to DMP files:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19946541/Windows10Crashes/Minidump.zip

Link to System Specs:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19946541/Windows10Crashes/LAPTOP.xml

Link to System MSInfo32 file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19946541/Windows10Crashes/System.nfo

is my first question here, I don't know if this is the right place or if this is the right way. Just let me know.

Thanks in advance.

cescoc, Feb 18, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

The dumpfile blames
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck C4, {2000, fffff8017053801c, 0, 306c4c44} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dlkmd.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dlkmd.sys Probably caused by : dlkmd.sys ( dlkmd+5801c )[/quote]
    Driver Description: WDDM KMD Loader - DisplayLink Core Software
    Driver Update Site: USB to video download: All Downloads
    Other portions of the software must be downloaded from the OEM

download latest windows 10 driver Windows

If this does not stop the BSOD, look at the supportpage from Dell for additional drivers ?

lifetec, Feb 18, 2016
  5. arexford Win User
    Thanks for your help. I installed the newest version of the driver and things seemed ok for about a day, but now I am getting frequent bluescreens again "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED". I have tried to change my system settings to create a minidump on bluescreens, but it seems I am not getting an updated minidump, just the one from last week. I will attach a new dm_log which will have updated information but unfortunately not a new minidump. I hope this yields some useful information.

Thanks!

arexford, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unpredictable BSOD Critical process died - dell xps 15 - Similar Threads - Unpredictable BSOD Critical

2. Critical Process Died - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died - BSOD: Hello,There was a blackout, and upon starting my computer, I was greeted with the blue screen of death, with the only message being "Critical Process Died."I attempted all the recovery options available:Safe mode gives the same error; critical process diedchkdsk /r completed,...
  3. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: I accidently installed a new audio driver which ended up messing up my system. I did a system restore and the PC booted as normal. I shut the computer off when I went for dinner. When I returned to turn the computer back on, I got the BSOD with the critical process died. I...
  4. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  5. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  6. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: Hi,Since yesterday, i have been having issues with my PC. It keeps on going to a BSOD Critical Process Died. I have google this up and followed the sfc /scannow and other methods, but none work. Sometimes my pc freezes after i type in my pin, other times it lets me sign in,...
  7. Critical Process Died bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  8. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  9. BSOD Critical Process Died

BSOD Critical Process Died: My PC BSOD'ed 5 times in a row now, here's a link to the minidump files https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuFFvdJOMwSV0mzAdR1EmCi8nWBR?e=ynEBa6 Can I get a help on what's going on? I just had an update last night btw, so I'm not sure if that's somehow related. Thanks...
  10. BSOD - Critical Process Died

BSOD - Critical Process Died: Hi, could anyone check on my BSOD logs? I get the feeling it might be a hardware issue as I have reinstalled OS multiple times already and it still occurs. Thanks! BSOD sometimes shows CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Though I do notice sometimes it showed UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION....