Windows 10: Unremovable "System Folder"?

Discus and support Unremovable "System Folder"? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] That was for a phone i got rid of 6 months ago. I presume it's tied to the Device under portable devices in the device manager that you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Yugidude1, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Yugidude1 Win User

Unremovable "System Folder"?

Unremovable "System Folder"? [​IMG]
    That was for a phone i got rid of 6 months ago. I presume it's tied to the Device under portable devices in the device manager that you can "uninstall" to your hearts content but the moment you check for new hardware it comes back. How does this happen? And more importantly how can i remove this? It doesn't really matter it's just one of those irritating things that if there is a fix for great if not i can live with it.

:)

Yugidude1, Sep 20, 2015

2. N8 - how do I remove a MMS profile?

I know, I already made that mistake and had to send the phone in to get it re-flashed!

llaadd---01, Sep 20, 2015
  3. atikuruu Win User
    5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

WHAT CAN I DO NOW

atikuruu, Sep 20, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

Open up Control Panel to Devices and Printers, see if it's still there, if it is, remove it and make sure you check "remove drivers" if that shows.

XweAponX, Sep 21, 2015
  5. Yugidude1 Win User
    I had done that already and it was nowhere to be found but thanks for the advice.

Yugidude1, Sep 21, 2015
  6. XweAponX Win User
    Well if it was an iPhone, it might be still connected in your iTunes even though you have sold it. You might have to go in there and release the device from iTunes, you'll have to Deauthorize it.

XweAponX, Sep 21, 2015
  7. Yugidude1 Win User
    It's an old zte android phone.

Yugidude1, Sep 21, 2015
  8. XweAponX Win User

Hm, well is there any software left over, my Samsung uses Keis for example. Or Moborobo, it's an app used to maintain content on both droids and apple devices. There may be some software left over from when you had that phone, see if deleting it gets rid of it.

XweAponX, Sep 21, 2015
  9. Yugidude1 Win User
    I just looked there's nothing phone related other than Motorola which is for what i have now. Again thanks for your time.

Yugidude1, Sep 21, 2015
  10. XweAponX Win User
    Maybe it's an SDcard that was in the other phone? Usually when it shows drives mounted like that there's a reason. Look in your drive management console, and your device manager, show hidden devices. Right click on the drive and hit properties, see what it says.

XweAponX, Sep 21, 2015
  11. Yugidude1 Win User
    Drive management showed nothing that i didn't already know and device manager even with hidden devices showed nothing other than the device named Ozan that regardless of how much i uninstall will come back upon a check for hardware changes.

Yugidude1, Sep 21, 2015
  12. topgundcp Win User
    If you wish, you can try the followings:
    • Download GhostBuster , right click and run as Admin, Click on Remove Ghosts. Read the download page for more info on this.
    • Download: DriverStore Explorer [RAPR] - Home . Right click and run as Admin, click on enumerate, check mark all the drivers that are related to the phone then check mark Force Deletion then Delete Package. This will remove the selected drivers from your PC for good. Read the page for more info.
    • Download: CCleaner - Portable . Unzip and run to clean the registry.

topgundcp, Sep 21, 2015
  13. XweAponX Win User

Thanks for the Ghostbusters suggestion, I'll check that out because this happens to me sometimes. I usually just ignore it. But it's nice to know I could get rid of that crap. Anytime a client brings me a computer and I connected to my home network it shows up in devices and printers on my windows eight machine. So I have dozens of links to computers I have worked on on that machine. I'll try Ghostbuster in that.

XweAponX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unremovable "System Folder"? - Similar Threads - Unremovable System Folder

2. Unremovable popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unremovable popup: So I have bug in Spotify. So I changed country and when I logged in from the new country the bug started. So it shows a pop-up promoting Spotify premium and I cannot remove it. I have the option to subscribe or log out and if select subscribe and come back to the app the...
  3. Unremovable popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unremovable popup: So I have bug in Spotify. So I changed country and when I logged in from the new country the bug started. So it shows a pop-up promoting Spotify premium and I cannot remove it. I have the option to subscribe or log out and if select subscribe and come back to the app the...
  4. Unremovable icons on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unremovable icons on Desktop: Hello,I just bought a laptop with Windows 11 first time using and first thing I noticed was a bunch of icons on my desktop. Pictures, Music, Documents, Videos, Desktop, Downloads and Quick Access. First I thought these are shortcuts but I can't delete them. They also show...
  5. Unremovable old windows folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unremovable old windows folders: Hi,I want to delete some folders that I suspect used to be old windows folders.As you see, they're not in OS partition and were last modified in 2018. I tried MANY ways and read many topics to force delete them but windows refuse to delete them :So I wanted to ask if there is...
  6. Unremovable old windows folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unremovable old windows folders: Hi,I want to delete some folders that I suspect used to be old windows folders.As you see, they're not in OS partition and were last modified in 2018. I tried MANY ways and read many topics to force delete them but windows refuse to delete them :So I wanted to ask if there is...
  7. Unremovable old windows folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unremovable Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unremovable Malware: I have this issue where when I run a full scan, I get a notification about Windows Defender having "found malware and removing it", then when I open it I see a bunch of malware under Allowed Items, only that I didn't allow these items and I can't select them to remove....
  9. Windows with unremovable virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows with unremovable virus: Hi, from like about 5 days ago my avast started to detect a malware saying that the infected file was "https://anti-hacker-alliance.com/index.php" and along with this my gmail password was changed and when i managed to get it back on the google account security option it was...
  10. Unremovable ad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unremovable ad: An ad appeared in the right-bottom corner of my screen. It is only partially exposed, and there is no access to its buttons. Therefore, I cannot get rid of it. It limits my usable screen space. How can I get rid of it?...