Windows 10: Unreserve Windows 10?

Discus and support Unreserve Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know how I can "unreserve" Windows 10? I once reserved it, Microsoft downloaded the file and I decided no to install it right away. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sencit, Aug 20, 2015.

1. sencit Win User

Unreserve Windows 10?

Does anyone know how I can "unreserve" Windows 10?
    I once reserved it, Microsoft downloaded the file and I decided no to install it right away.
    After all, Windows 7 is good for another five years or so, and I've got a year to male up my mind..
    Now, the panel has gone back to its earlier format where it appears it will be downloaded again.
    Each time, it eats into my quota of permitted download bandwidth (which is limited).

So: Can I "unreserve" the reservation?
    Can I "unfriend" Microsoft?

Thanks!

:)

sencit, Aug 20, 2015

2. How to unreserve Windows 10

I have reserved the Windows 10 and would like to unreserve this download. I will install it at a later time but do not want it to automatically download. What is the procedure to unreserve?

HerschelHochman, Aug 20, 2015
  3. windows 10

How can I UNRESERVE windows 10?

AUDREYEDWARDS, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Unreserve Windows 10?

If, for some reason, I decided not to use Windows 10 right now, I would create a system image of my computer, then do the upgrade. Once activated, I'd roll back to my previous OS. This way, when you go to Windows 10, you can go right to a clean install.

DeaconFrost, Aug 20, 2015
  5. Try 2 things:

1) Open up the windows 10 app (window icon - Get Windows 10 app). Select view confirmation then click on cancel reservation.

2) If it still downloads, you can try removing the update KB3035583 in the control panel under the windows update section. (View Update History -> Installed Updates (To Remove Updates)). You can hide the update if you wish to not install this or keep popping up when there is a new windows update.

There is a media creation tool that will allow you to make a media disc for windows 10 if you wish to upgrade before the year is up without having to download the Windows 10 update from Windows Update or mess with a reservation.

GamerwGlasses, Aug 20, 2015
  6. sencit Win User
    Thank you, DeaconFrost and GamerwGlasses for your useful responses!

sencit, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unreserve Windows 10?

1. Unreserve Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Unreserve

2. How to unreserve RAM for gaming??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unreserve RAM for gaming??: I only have 8GB total ram at the moment and i can only use 3.95 of it, i have a 64-bit windows 10 and a b450m ds3h gigabyte motherboard Ive already tried enabling XMP profiles, unchecking maximum memory and disabling the IOMMU, my BIOS does NOT have the UMA or DVMT modes or...
  3. How to unreserve RAM for gaming??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unreserve RAM for gaming??: I only have 8GB total ram at the moment and i can only use 3.95 of it, i have a 64-bit windows 10 and a b450m ds3h gigabyte motherboard Ive already tried enabling XMP profiles, unchecking maximum memory and disabling the IOMMU, my BIOS does NOT have the UMA or DVMT modes or...