Windows 10: unresponsive or missing clipboard

Discus and support unresponsive or missing clipboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the past 2 months or so, I have not been able to use print screen and then paste to a document. or to windows paint. I sometimes like to take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by onkelbob, Dec 18, 2016.

1. onkelbob Win User

unresponsive or missing clipboard

For the past 2 months or so, I have not been able to use print screen and then paste to a document. or to windows paint.

I sometimes like to take images from the windows theme desktop and use them on my own desktop. I can no longer do that as, print screen doesn't work.

:)

onkelbob, Dec 18, 2016

2. Start Menu and taskbar messed after Fall Creator Update

You did not read my post.

It is not a question of missing apps.

Everything on the task bar is unresponsive.

Windows Button: unresponsive - to shut down, i have to ctrl alt del and shut down from that screen

Search bar: cannot enter text

Windows START: cannot access settings etc. unresponsive

Calendar: unresponsive

Clock: unresponsive

Notification: unresponsive

File Browser: unresponsive.

DeanBarthuly, Dec 18, 2016
  3. greshoff Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade

Anyone got any other ideas on the unresponsive system and missing programs?

greshoff, Dec 18, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

You can take any image file and Right click it and choose Save as Desktop Background if you want it as your desktop wallpaper. You don't need print screen.
    Also, if you want to take screenshots, use the Windows Snipping tool

spunk, Dec 18, 2016
  5. marsmimar Win User
    Hello onkelbob and welcome to Ten Forums.

The work-arounds provided by spunk are great suggestions. Since you're having problems with the clipboard and not being able to copy and paste using print screen, it's possible you have damaged or corrupt system files. You could run a System File Checker scan from an elevated command prompt. This scan will check the integrity of all system files and try to repair or replace damaged/corrupt files when possible. Option Three of this tutorial explains more.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

An easy way to run the scan is to right-click the start button and then click on Command Prompt (Admin). Accept the UAC warning and a black screen with white letters will appear. Type in sfc /scannow at the blinking cursor and click Enter. It will take a while for the scan to run. Hopefully it will finish with no integrity violations found. But if it does find problems run the scan at least 3 times and reboot the computer after each scan. See the "Note" box under Step 6 of Option Three. Please post back with the results.

marsmimar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. unresponsive or missing clipboard - Similar Threads - unresponsive missing clipboard

2. windows 10 clipboard is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 clipboard is missing: Windows key +V will not open the clipboard.Start, Settings - clipboard is not listed.How can I get the clipboard to work properly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-clipboard-is-missing/40ac0922-b0ea-4a7a-80a3-130c72b4fd19
  3. windows 10 clipboard is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 clipboard is missing: Windows key +V will not open the clipboard.Start, Settings - clipboard is not listed.How can I get the clipboard to work properly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-clipboard-is-missing/40ac0922-b0ea-4a7a-80a3-130c72b4fd19
  4. windows 10 clipboard is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Clipboard History does not record or missing items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard History does not record or missing items: Windows 10, version 22H2Some problems I've experienced with Clipboard History.Any help will be appreciated.1 I will copy something CTRL + C and paste it CTRL + V. When I look at the Clipboard History Windows key + V I get the message "Your clipboard is empty"2 I will copy...
  6. Clipboard History does not record or missing items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipboard History does not record or missing items: Windows 10, version 22H2Some problems I've experienced with Clipboard History.Any help will be appreciated.1 I will copy something CTRL + C and paste it CTRL + V. When I look at the Clipboard History Windows key + V I get the message "Your clipboard is empty"2 I will copy...
  7. Trying to enable Clipboard History but the option is missing

Trying to enable Clipboard History but the option is missing: According to https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4464215, To turn your clipboard on for the first time, select Windows logo key + V, and then select Turn on. However, nothing happens when I do Win-V. Moreover, the Clipboard settings window at Settings > System >...
  8. Clipboard settings Missing in windows 10

Clipboard settings Missing in windows 10: Hi, I am trying to enable clipboard history in Windows 10. My Windows is showing as up to date, version 1803. When I click Windowsbutton/V I get nothing When I search for Clipboard in my Windows settings I get nothing any ideas?...
  9. Missing Clipboard

Missing Clipboard: I was trying to copy images online to a folder on my desktop and it would not allow me to paste. I created a new folder and tried there and still nothing. I could not even paste text to the file. I googled the issue and saw some posts referring me to go to setting and...
  10. Clipboard Missing in window 10

Clipboard Missing in window 10: this is my window 10 version and I cant find the clipboard function in my window after I use window key + shift + s, no clipboard pop out and no find clipboard function in my setting....