Windows 10: Unresponsive Part on Desktop

Discus and support Unresponsive Part on Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey, i am posting about a problem i have been having for quite some time, with windows 10 as well as 7. Its rather hard to explain, which could be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shynx, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Shynx Win User

Unresponsive Part on Desktop

hey,

i am posting about a problem i have been having for quite some time, with windows 10 as well as 7. Its rather hard to explain, which could be the reason i came up empty on searching for it, so i'll start with an image:

Unresponsive Part on Desktop [​IMG]

Sometimes, after closing a full screen application, windows ignores part of one of my screens. the window in that image is maximized. i could put it in windowed mode and drag it over this "dead" part without a problem. however i cannot drag icons there or select this space by leftclick-dragging. i can even see the mouse cursor.

on rebooting, the black part is gone. this becomes rather tiresome though, and i'd like to find out why this keeps happening.

so far i've tried:
    - changing desktop resolution
    - unplugging screen
    - reorder screens in windows
    - restarting desktop window manager
    - starting and closing fullscreen applications

if anybody has any suggestions, i'd appreciate it

:)

Shynx, Jan 22, 2016

2. Desktop Unresponsive

Lachie

Please provide more information so that the cause of your problem may be diagnosed.

Please restart your computer and allow 20 minutes for the system to run before uploading information required to help me investigate your problem. When examining Event Viewer log files many, not all, problems show in the period immediately after
    the computer has been booted.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32
    and click OK . Place the cursor on
    System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save.
    Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.
    The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two
    for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. If the report is in a language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload to your OneDrive and share with everyone a copy of your
    System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type
    eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do
    not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Jan 22, 2016
  3. Desktop Unresponsive

Hello,

My computer is relatively new, only about 2 - 3 months old, yet I am experiencing lots of trouble. After closing the lid of the computer after finishing my work, it was all fine until I opened it again. It took forever to boot up to the login screen, and
    when it did, did not allow me to enter my password. It wouldn't let me click on the on screen power button or ease of access button. After restarting a couple of times, however, it did allow me to enter my password and after alot of waiting I made it to the
    desktop. This is where is got annoying. Firstly, all that appeared was the windows icon and search icon on the taskbar, and the notification icon and time across the other side. After a few more restarts it showed the desktop shortcuts, folders and recycle
    bin etc. yet everything was unresponsive. I could not click on anything, all I could do was move the cursor.

Can someone please help, this is beginning to be very frustrating.

Thanks in advance,

Lachie

LachieAhale, Jan 22, 2016
Thema:

Unresponsive Part on Desktop

1. Unresponsive Part on Desktop - Similar Threads - Unresponsive Part Desktop

2. Is Polaris the next desktop Windows and in part open source?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Polaris the next desktop Windows and in part open source?: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-employee-leaks-windows-core-open-source-components,38476.html 125737
  3. Is Polaris the next desktop Windows and in part open source?

in Windows 10 News
    Is Polaris the next desktop Windows and in part open source?: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-employee-leaks-windows-core-open-source-components,38476.html 125737
  4. Desktop partly unusable.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop partly unusable.: I'm running an up to date Windows 10 x 64 with dual monitors which was fine until 15 minutes ago. Now right click does not work on upper 2/3 of my desktop and all icons have moved down and can not be moved up. Strangely my Rocket Dock is still sitting at the top and working...
  5. Mouse/Keyboard Unresponsive at Desktop, works in BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse/Keyboard Unresponsive at Desktop, works in BIOS: I have been unable to use my mouse and keyboard at the desktop. This problem began when my computer began to slow down about 10 minutes after I booted it up. When I tried to open different windows such as My Computer or access the Task Manager, they would all freeze. Even...
  6. Unresponsive Desktop/Startup Repair Frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive Desktop/Startup Repair Frozen: I am having a really weird problem. I attempted to boot my computer up today, and I was greeted with a totally unresponsive desktop. No icons loaded except for the taskbar, and clicking anywhere on the taskbar does nothing. I tried a hard shutdown and I restarted to the same...
  7. Unresponsive script

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive script: Unresponsive script with Windows 10. A lot of websites cause this issue, the computer and/or browser go off into busy never never land, and even when I get control back it is slow or goes back to never never land !! I looked up reasons and fixes ands none of them seem to...
  8. Windows 10 desktop unresponsive after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 desktop unresponsive after login: Hi, on my Acer 5750g laptop running Windows 10 I logged in as usual and the desktop initially didn't populate my desktop at all so i restarted and the desktop was there as usual but the laptop was running very very slow and even hovering over icons on the desktop had no...
  9. Unresponsive Desktop when booting up (please help)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive Desktop when booting up (please help): What kind of computer is it? Many brands have built in diagnostics that can be run at startup to test your computer components for failure. This is an option if you can't get to a command prompt.
  10. Desktop slow and unresponsive all of the sudden

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop slow and unresponsive all of the sudden: I have installed the Anniversary update and 2 updates since then and all of the sudden my desktop is slow and unresponsive. Icons on the task bar do not highlight when the cursor passes over them. If you let the cursor sit on an icon for a while it may highlight. Any dialog...