Unresponsive toolbar folder buttons

Discus and support Unresponsive toolbar folder buttons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro 15063.1155 (1703/RS2) Lately, when I open file explorer folders, some randomly become non-responsive from the desktop toolbar. Left Click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kitpzyxmsir, Jun 29, 2018.

1. kitpzyxmsir Win User

Win 10 Pro 15063.1155 (1703/RS2)

Lately, when I open file explorer folders, some randomly become non-responsive from the desktop toolbar. Left Click on the toolbar button and nothing happens. I must right click them and choose "close window". I can reopen them from a shortcut or the file explorer before I close them.

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Jun 29, 2018
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 29, 2018
  3. Jimmy 2004 Win User
    Security Flaw Discovered in Google Toolbar

A security flaw has been discovered in Google's Toolbar which could allow criminals to steal data or install malicious software onto people’s computers. The flaw works by exploiting the toolbar’s ability to install new buttons, and allows a hacker to potentially disguise malicious code as a legitimate button due to the fact that the toolbar does not perform adequate checks when buttons are being installed. To become a victim of the vulnerability, a user would have to be tricked into clicking a link which would open a new popup window asking them to install a custom button, which appears to be installed from a legitimate site such as Google. It then needs to be run from the toolbar, and a user would have to agree to downloading and running an executable. Given the number of steps involved, the flaw is not being treated as critical, and Google is already working on a fix for the problem.

Source: Yahoo! News

Jimmy 2004, Jun 29, 2018
  4. AshleyLandry Win User

Toolbar and Start button Unresponsive

I did a system restore however it was only a temporary fix, today once again the start button and search bar were non-operational. The first method you suggested yielded no solution and my computer will not let me add a new account I go to control panel,
    then all control panel items, then user accounts, and finally to manage accounts. On this screen there is a link which says: "Add a new user in PC settings" I click on it and nothing happens. Are there any other steps I could take to get my computer operational?

AshleyLandry, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Unresponsive toolbar folder buttons - Similar Threads - Unresponsive toolbar folder

2. July 2018Windows update has messed up sound, new computer slow and getting Unresponsive...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    July 2018Windows update has messed up sound, new computer slow and getting Unresponsive...: July Windows 2018 update has completely messed up my sound and have now got no sound at all. Pages are unresponsive and Chrome is slow Asus X751N laptop. Phones Asus who sent me a link to update sound but that has not worked either. Anyone help....
  3. Windows Explorer Unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer Unresponsive: I am finding that, after an unknown period of time, Windows Explorer becomes completely unresponsive. I cannot open the Start menu or the task manager. The mouse pointer will move around the desktop area; but, the pointer is only what I believe is the cursor file for waiting....
  4. Unresponsive toolbar forder buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive toolbar forder buttons: Win 10 Pro 15063.1155 (1703/RS2) Lately, when I open file explorer folders, some randomly become non-responsive from the desktop toolbar. Left Click on the toolbar button and nothing happens. I must right click them and choose "close window". I can reopen them from a...
  5. First boot after monthly updates unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    First boot after monthly updates unresponsive: Hey All. Wonder if anyone could suggest a way to analyze (to understand why this is like that) the following problem my computer has been having for few months now: After monthly updates, on first boot and on first boot only, after I login, Windows is unresponsive. If I do...
  6. Unresponsive cursor when USB 3 drives connected. The fix is weird.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unresponsive cursor when USB 3 drives connected. The fix is weird.: It certainly is an interesting one, and one that ranks up there with the best of the weird faults I encountered as an electronics service tech.
  7. ModernUI becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    ModernUI becomes unresponsive: Gaming PC, usual response after gaming for 1 hour or more. Can't click on Start tile, no apps will launch (Mail, Edge, etc.) can double-click program icons to run Windows applications. Usually fix by CTRL/ALT/DEL, log out then restart. Win10 16299.192 GeForce 390.65...
  8. Unresponsive app/spinning blue circle.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive app/spinning blue circle.: Would really appreciate any more help with this, it's driving me crazy! *Banghead The spinning wheel is very frequent within Google Chrome and I wonder if Chrome may be the problem. The wheel is spinning briefly on every new tab/web page I load and then a fraction longer even...
  9. Unresponsive Desktop when booting up (please help)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive Desktop when booting up (please help): What kind of computer is it? Many brands have built in diagnostics that can be run at startup to test your computer components for failure. This is an option if you can't get to a command prompt.
  10. Intermittent system unresponsiveness.

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent system unresponsiveness.: Lately my system has been becoming unresponsive. All of a sudden everything will slow to a crawl, the browser becomes unresponsive, start menu doesn't open, desktop right click menu opens very slowly with entries missing, task manager opens empty and lot's of graphical...