Windows 10: Unresponsive toolbar forder buttons

Discus and support Unresponsive toolbar forder buttons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro 15063.1155 (1703/RS2) Lately, when I open file explorer folders, some randomly become non-responsive from the desktop toolbar. Left Click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kitpzyxmsir, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Unresponsive toolbar forder buttons

Win 10 Pro 15063.1155 (1703/RS2)

Lately, when I open file explorer folders, some randomly become non-responsive from the desktop toolbar. Left Click on the toolbar button and nothing happens. I must right click them and choose "close window". I can reopen them from a shortcut or the file explorer before I close them.

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Jun 29, 2018
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 29, 2018
  3. Security Flaw Discovered in Google Toolbar

A security flaw has been discovered in Google's Toolbar which could allow criminals to steal data or install malicious software onto people’s computers. The flaw works by exploiting the toolbar’s ability to install new buttons, and allows a hacker to potentially disguise malicious code as a legitimate button due to the fact that the toolbar does not perform adequate checks when buttons are being installed. To become a victim of the vulnerability, a user would have to be tricked into clicking a link which would open a new popup window asking them to install a custom button, which appears to be installed from a legitimate site such as Google. It then needs to be run from the toolbar, and a user would have to agree to downloading and running an executable. Given the number of steps involved, the flaw is not being treated as critical, and Google is already working on a fix for the problem.

Source: Yahoo! News

Jimmy 2004, Jun 29, 2018
  4. Unresponsive toolbar forder buttons

Toolbar and Start button Unresponsive

I did a system restore however it was only a temporary fix, today once again the start button and search bar were non-operational. The first method you suggested yielded no solution and my computer will not let me add a new account I go to control panel,
    then all control panel items, then user accounts, and finally to manage accounts. On this screen there is a link which says: "Add a new user in PC settings" I click on it and nothing happens. Are there any other steps I could take to get my computer operational?

AshleyLandry, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

Unresponsive toolbar forder buttons

1. Unresponsive toolbar forder buttons - Similar Threads - Unresponsive toolbar forder

2. New search button on toolbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New search button on toolbar: My windows updated last night and I see the search button on the toolbar has changed. Instead of a small, simple magnifying glass icon, it it now elongated and has two images on it - looks like a snow board and a wooly hat.I hate such visual distractions on my screen. Can...
  3. Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons: I have tried:Erasing the registry item listed in some of these responses.Erasing all updates after the date in which the toolbar disappeared.I was going to try re installing Windows but when I tried to create a boot drive it wont let me because it says there are files missing...
  4. Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons: I have tried:Erasing the registry item listed in some of these responses.Erasing all updates after the date in which the toolbar disappeared.I was going to try re installing Windows but when I tried to create a boot drive it wont let me because it says there are files missing...
  5. Enlarge Toolbar Popup Button?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enlarge Toolbar Popup Button?: i created a new toolbar on the taskbar. I hid the icons behind a popup menu: [img] How can i enlarge the popup button? Can i replace it with an image? Can i place it directly next to the Start button, or to the right of the system tray? thx 157590
  6. Volume button on toolbar not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume button on toolbar not responding: The volume button on toolbar in unresponsive; however, the volume can be adjusted from settings. This occurred after a recent Windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-button-on-toolbar-not-responding/947a3ce7-1b75-455c-bf0e-1e18d203e24e
  7. Order of buttons on vertical toolbar

Order of buttons on vertical toolbar: I would like to have my vertical toolbar ordered bottom up so that the windowsbutton stays down(left), and not top down as the default configuration is. How can this be done?...
  8. Windows Toolbar Unresponsive

Windows Toolbar Unresponsive: When I click on anything on my toolbar nothing happens, Also I can't see the wifi or the sound icons anymore is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-toolbar-unresponsive/536602bf-82c0-4fea-95cf-71b581633e78
  9. Unresponsive toolbar folder buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive toolbar folder buttons: Win 10 Pro 15063.1155 (1703/RS2) Lately, when I open file explorer folders, some randomly become non-responsive from the desktop toolbar. Left Click on the toolbar button and nothing happens. I must right click them and choose "close window". I can reopen them from a...
  10. Start Button Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button Unresponsive: My start button and Windows key frequently become unresponsive. The only thing I can do is sign out and sign back in or restart manually. This happens at least once a day, and I'm getting really tired of it. It seems to have started after the last version of Windows 10 was...