Windows 10: Unsafe shutdown count goes higher everytime I shutdown the PC normally

Discus and support Unsafe shutdown count goes higher everytime I shutdown the PC normally in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using HD Tune Pro and CrystalDiskInfo to monitor the health of my hard drive because it's important to me. Today I saw that the value of "Unsafe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BicycleRow, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Unsafe shutdown count goes higher everytime I shutdown the PC normally

I'm using HD Tune Pro and CrystalDiskInfo to monitor the health of my hard drive because it's important to me.

Today I saw that the value of "Unsafe shutdown count" in HD Tune Pro is pretty high, even higher than the Power-off cycle value. Which is strange and doesn't make any sense because Power-off cycle represents how many times you've powered on and off the PC during the entire lifespan of the drive, according to Wikipedia:

Unsafe shutdown count goes higher everytime I shutdown the PC normally [​IMG]

What? I've shutdown the PC unsafely more times than I have ever turned it on/off?

Here's a screenshot of HD Tune Pro's S.M.A.R.T. statistics about my drive:

As you can see everything seems fine, except that Unsafe shutdowns value.

After I saw the ridiculously high value I powered-off the PC like I always do - using the Power button in the Start menu and clicking Shut down, and then powered it on again to see if anything will change.

And it did. The Power-off cycle rose up by 1, which is normal, but Unsafe Shutdowns value also rose up by 1.
    I powered off the computer completely normally, so that should not have happened.

There have been unsafe shutdowns in the past, due to sudden power offs, but that was only a few times. Not every time I turn off the PC.

In CrystalDiskInfo "Unsafe shutdown count" is under a different name - Power-off retract count.
    The current and worst values there are the same as in HD Tune Pro, but the Raw value doesn't make any sense. See here:

The Load cycle count in HD Tuner Pro is the same as Unsafe shutdowns, I don't know if that means something. Just wanted to mention it.

Load cycle means:

So, any ideas on why this is happening? The drive is old, so is it possible for it to be giving false information?
    At least it's condition for now is Good, according to CDI and HD Tune. Unsafe shutdowns is not a critical value, but still it's strange that this is happening.

:)

BicycleRow, Jul 1, 2017

2. Black Screen when shutting down my pc

After Anniversary update for windows
    10 installed - Shutdown screen goes black,
    color screen with running circle and the
    inscription "shutdown" disappeared.

The pc itself turns off/on normally,
    and login screen works just fine.

Any ideas how to fix shutdown screen?

Alexander MNA, Jul 1, 2017
  3. how can deactivate this issue?

how to deactivate this issue? is this normal?

Microsoft\Windows\DeviceDirectoryClient\RegisterUserDevice

this appears everytime i shutdown my laptop.

JeffreyVituro, Jul 1, 2017
  4. vram Win User

Unsafe shutdown count goes higher everytime I shutdown the PC normally

Everyone's HDD wil fail at some point.

Do you keep regular backups? If not better start

While there is nothing wrong with monitoring the condition of your hardware, I think your main focus should be on maintaining backups if your data is important.

These tools are useful but unfortunately mostly serve as FUD fodder.

vram, Jul 1, 2017
Thema:

Unsafe shutdown count goes higher everytime I shutdown the PC normally

1. Unsafe shutdown count goes higher everytime I shutdown the PC normally - Similar Threads - Unsafe shutdown count

2. My pc shutdown not normally with a blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc shutdown not normally with a blue screen: Hi.i had a bunch of problems with my pc lately, after some time it shutdown with a blue screen, every time is the same, and i dont know why. i searched on the event viewer and founded a the last critical error that shutted down my pc....
  3. My pc shutdown not normally with a blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc shutdown not normally with a blue screen: Hi.i had a bunch of problems with my pc lately, after some time it shutdown with a blue screen, every time is the same, and i dont know why. i searched on the event viewer and founded a the last critical error that shutted down my pc....
  4. PC shutdown whit normal use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shutdown whit normal use: I have a msi mag codex 5 11td-1430eu. When I use it as usual watching videos on HBO, Netflix, youtube by chrome, or while I'm writing this, suddenly screens shutdown but PC continue working fans still rotating. But, if I play a strtong game that requires more energy, I don't...
  5. PC shutdown whit normal use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shutdown whit normal use: I have a msi mag codex 5 11td-1430eu. When I use it as usual watching videos on HBO, Netflix, youtube by chrome, or while I'm writing this, suddenly screens shutdown but PC continue working fans still rotating. But, if I play a strtong game that requires more energy, I don't...
  6. PC will not Shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC will not Shutdown: My newly built gaming pc wont shut down when I shut it down. The display will go out and the pc will stay on. Sometimes it will just restart when I shut it down. When I restart sometimes it’ll restart but sometimes the display will go out and the pc will stay on. I have to...
  7. windows 10 -will not shutdown normally.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 -will not shutdown normally.: I am using the command shutdown /s to shut down my system. How can I find out what app is not closing that's keeping the system running? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-shutdown-normally/ab5a22ef-5785-453c-aa64-4229d0b1bdcc
  8. PC Shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Shutdowns: Hello I am experiencing intermittent shutdown of my PC. These shutdowns can occur days apart, sometimes twice in one day. The PC can be running for hours with no problem before a shutdown. At times it has shutdown within a few minutes from booting. The PC automatically...
  9. CampaignManager running at shutdown and preventing normal shutdown.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CampaignManager running at shutdown and preventing normal shutdown.: What the heck is going on? I can find nothing useful of this. And I view this as a security and privacy issue. Started two days ago, when I went to shut down a PC (Windows Pro 10 build 1903) I was confronted with a warning that "CampaignManager" was still running. I...
  10. Unsafe shutdown SMART data

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unsafe shutdown SMART data: Dear all, I have noticed that with fast startup enabled the SMART data on my NVME SSD for unsafe shutdowns increases everytime I shutdown. It does not increase on a restart or with fast startup disabled. I am running the latest BIOS for my ASUS motherboard, the latest...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. crystaldiskinfo unsafe shutdown