Windows 10: unstable picture size on films

Discus and support unstable picture size on films in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Happy new year all, While watching films from my pc via hdmi to my large HD TV, I noticed that the picture size keeps varying ie width and hight. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by toppergraph, Dec 31, 2014.

1. unstable picture size on films

Happy new year all,

While watching films from my pc via hdmi to my large HD TV, I noticed that the picture size keeps varying ie width and hight.
    I tried several players all were the same. After further investigation I decided to Uncheck the Steady Video option in catalyst converter. and bingo perfect picture.

I shall now switch to win 7 and re check if I get the same result.

Anyone else had this?.
    back soon.

As suspected; with steady Video checked in windows 7 the picture is perfect (otherwise I would have noticed this before).

Q: Is this an AMD driver problem in win 10? or a win 10 problem.

I do not have an NVIDEA set up handy to check if its the same. Could any one check if there is a problem also.

Regards Topper.

:)

toppergraph, Dec 31, 2014
  2. DaveM121 Win User

MS Media Creation Tool for Windows 10

It would be really unusual for Windows alone to fill a 32GB SSD, if your applications are on an external HDD

Do you have a lot of Films / Music / Pictures on the SSD?

If not please right click the following folders, go to properties and check their size:

C:/Windows

C:/Program Files

C:/Program Files (x86)

DaveM121, Dec 31, 2014
  3. camera problem with my n8

remove the plastic film from the lens.Default pic size is 9MP.Go to option in camera setting and increase it to 12MP.

cooldudsubho, Dec 31, 2014
  4. pbcopter Win User

unstable picture size on films

My guess is it is an AMD driver issue and will need an update at some point.

pbcopter, Dec 31, 2014
  5. I suspect this also, but I should think that more feedback is needed: the catalyst software covers a wide range of AMD graphics card products.

toppergraph, Dec 31, 2014
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

What application are you using to watch films with. I'd go for VLC -- there's also a lot of optional customisation you can set to "stabilize" the picture. Of course you will need proper drivers but usually windows gets these anyway. (Not talking here about special gaming GPU's etc).

If your movies are being streamed via a network or the Internet ensure you have a speed of AT LEAST 2 MB/s (preferably more) and that the movie isn't being "de-muxed" on the fly -- some of these servers like MEZZMO or PLEX might have to demux some formats on the fly.

Using a Virtual Machine for this type of application too isn't generally a good idea -- for Audio no problems but Video streaming needs a decent amount of hardware resources.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 31, 2014
  7. Hi Jimbo,
    I have catalyst set up the same in windows 7 and windows 10TP:
    I have tried several players:media player , mcp star etc.
    I have just installed VLC player but it dose not seem to want to work (I have used before in win 7).
    The TV is fed Directly from the HDMI O/P of the HD7700 1GB graphics card using standard film files AVI,Mp4 matroska etc.
    I am not using a virtual machine.
    What i would like to Know is Do any NVIDIA users have any similar problems?.

toppergraph, Jan 1, 2015
  8. unstable picture size on films

hello any film watchers using amd graphics,
    has antone else had this problem?.
    Have any Nvidea usser`s had similar problems
    I have also tried the latest amd Beta drivers with the same result, picture is stable untill the steady Video option is selected in catalyst manager.

toppergraph, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

unstable picture size on films

1. unstable picture size on films - Similar Threads - unstable picture size

2. Background's picture size change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background's picture size change: Hi, I have a problem with background's picture size. I want my background's picture stay in size "center" but each time I restart my computer the background's size switch on "thumbnail" vignette in French size. I don't succeed to fix it. Thank you in advance. Cyrille....
  3. Background's picture size change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background's picture size change: Hi, I have a problem with background's picture size. I want my background's picture stay in size "center" but each time I restart my computer the background's size switch on "thumbnail" vignette in French size. I don't succeed to fix it. Thank you in advance. Cyrille....
  4. Print pictures custom size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Print pictures custom size: TL;DR, printing 2 pictures on 1 A4 works, but 2 pictures on 1 A3 does not. Company rents a PC, the cost of printing A3 color and A4 color is the same. Therefore to save cost, we used to print two images in A3 and cut it in half. I don't remember having this problem...
  5. Picture size in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture size in Windows Explorer: It seems like just in the last week, the option to view my pictures in Windows Explorer as large or extra large has disappeared! In the lower right corner, I have either Details or Thumbnails - those are the only viewing options. So now I have to open every picture I need to...
  6. Change size of Netflix Picture in Picture frame?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change size of Netflix Picture in Picture frame?: Hi there Does anyone know how to adjust the size of the "picture in picture" frame in Windows 10? It's minute if you have a 4K high resolution screen and you can't seem to drag the frame bigger, it just leaves a black border. submitted by /u/TheOverratedPhotog [link]...
  7. pictures, photos and video look like film negatives not regular pictures

pictures, photos and video look like film negatives not regular pictures: I have windows 10 and all the sudden, all the videos, pictures and photos all display as a negative instead of the colorful photos and videos as they should be. How do I get rid of the negative images and restore back to regular videos and pictures???...
  8. Changing the size of pictures

Changing the size of pictures: I know this a simple question, but I'm not very computer savvy. How do I make a photo smaller? Right now it's 4.2 MB, I need to make it smaller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-size-of-pictures/70e74f37-a2bf-4a52-b290-49b27c660303
  9. Configure size of pictures

Configure size of pictures: Is there a way to configure size of pictures or place on two monitors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/configure-size-of-pictures/d38d9533-aeab-4b84-9730-1bf4efd3c2dc
  10. reduce picture size on background

reduce picture size on background: how do i reduce the size of the background picture 57973