Windows 10: Unstable Taskbar after demoting account to Standard

Discus and support Unstable Taskbar after demoting account to Standard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, In order to make my pc more secure I created a new Admin account, then I changed mine from Admin to Standard. However, now my Taskbar will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drpeppercan, Jun 13, 2018.

1. drpeppercan Win User

Unstable Taskbar after demoting account to Standard

Hi all,

In order to make my pc more secure I created a new Admin account, then I changed mine from Admin to Standard.
    However, now my Taskbar will crash and restart every time I click any of its icons, except for the Sound control. The Sticky note I have showing, crashes along with it, and a second later both reload.
    Fortunately it's not affecting other apps so far, it seems. Except for Files Manager. It crashes too.
    Just in case, I changed my account back to Admin. But the problem persists *Sad

What should be my next step?

Thanks guys *Smile

:)

drpeppercan, Jun 13, 2018
  2. kseadler Win User

Demote an adult account to a child account

SURELY there must be a way to demote an adult account to a child account. Come on, Microsoft!!! I've been asking for this for two years!!! Anyone out there ever successfully demoted an account? Just changing the DOB doesn't work. I don't want to delete
    the account - it has lots of xbox points. but as the Parent, I want to set better controls up. HELP

kseadler, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Karthicka_R Win User

I don't have an administrator account and i have two accounts and they are both standard account.

Hi,

As per your description, I understand that you have two standard accounts in your computer and you want to convert the account to Administrator account.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the standard account to administrator and check if it helps.

• Press ‘Windows+X’ and go to ‘Control panel’.
    • Locate ‘User Accounts’ and click on it.
    • Click on ‘Change your account type’ and check the option
      ‘Administrator’ then click on ‘Change account type’.
    • Now your account will be changed as Administrator account.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Unstable Taskbar after demoting account to Standard - Similar Threads - Unstable Taskbar demoting

2. Change from standard account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change from standard account to administrator account: I was setting on my admin account to stardard account. Now I cannot install any program.. I don't have full control to my pc. Please tell me how to change back to orginal setting....
  3. seting up a standard account

seting up a standard account: set up a standard account with out admin pw ever time I open a program up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/seting-up-a-standard-account/dedd480a-7bfb-465b-881a-af74fa9e9903
  4. Local Account Administrator appears as Standard

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Account Administrator appears as Standard: Hi there, Maybe this is totally normal, but I'm not quite sure why it works this way. In the Win10 panel, the account shows as administrator, in the old control panel it looks different: [img] Basically, my account which is the administrator appears as a standard...
  5. STandard Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    STandard Account: Why can't I have a Standard account, with my Microsoft account, I've read they are more secure than any other account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/defender_offline-protect_scanning-windows_10/standard-account/8aa263a5-3435-47e8-a3fe-e779dfdcd8bc
  6. Why is a standard account vs admin account recommended?

Why is a standard account vs admin account recommended?: Why is Microsoft recommending a standard account vs admin account when setting up Windows on a brand new device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/why-is-a-standard-account-vs-admin-account/33d9babe-3309-41e8-8743-305f1aa64705
  7. standard user account and drive formatting

standard user account and drive formatting: In Windows 10 Pro is there a way to prevent a user without administrator privileges using a standard account from being able to format a usb drive? "Perform volume maintenance tasks" is set for Administrators (Group Policy), which must be the default, but that does not...
  8. Local Admin Account vs standard Account

Local Admin Account vs standard Account: i have to ask this i am on Windows 10 Home build 16299.19 as i am currently terminating an old account and going to my most current account but i am concerned that the one i use to login into my current PC might be lost and i do wonder if the admin account i use for this HP...
  9. Standard Local user Account issue

Standard Local user Account issue: Since upgrading within Windows 10, I've since noticed that I am unable to access my additional user accounts. My main account is fine and have no issue. When I go to log in to additional user account, i click sign in (no password set up for either of my additional...
  10. Disable Registry and GPEdit.msc on a standard account

Disable Registry and GPEdit.msc on a standard account: Hi, is there a way I can disable the registry access and GPEdit.msc on the standard account? 29110