Unstable Taskbar after demoting account to Standard

Discus and support Unstable Taskbar after demoting account to Standard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, In order to make my pc more secure I created a new Admin account, then I changed mine from Admin to Standard. However, now my Taskbar will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drpeppercan, Jun 13, 2018.

1. drpeppercan Win User

Hi all,

In order to make my pc more secure I created a new Admin account, then I changed mine from Admin to Standard.
    However, now my Taskbar will crash and restart every time I click any of its icons, except for the Sound control. The Sticky note I have showing, crashes along with it, and a second later both reload.
    Fortunately it's not affecting other apps so far, it seems. Except for Files Manager. It crashes too.
    Just in case, I changed my account back to Admin. But the problem persists *Sad

What should be my next step?

Thanks guys *Smile

:)

drpeppercan, Jun 13, 2018
  2. kseadler Win User

Demote an adult account to a child account

SURELY there must be a way to demote an adult account to a child account. Come on, Microsoft!!! I've been asking for this for two years!!! Anyone out there ever successfully demoted an account? Just changing the DOB doesn't work. I don't want to delete
    the account - it has lots of xbox points. but as the Parent, I want to set better controls up. HELP

kseadler, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Karthicka_R Win User

I don't have an administrator account and i have two accounts and they are both standard account.

Hi,

As per your description, I understand that you have two standard accounts in your computer and you want to convert the account to Administrator account.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the standard account to administrator and check if it helps.

• Press ‘Windows+X’ and go to ‘Control panel’.
    • Locate ‘User Accounts’ and click on it.
    • Click on ‘Change your account type’ and check the option
      ‘Administrator’ then click on ‘Change account type’.
    • Now your account will be changed as Administrator account.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Unstable Taskbar after demoting account to Standard - Similar Threads - Unstable Taskbar demoting

2. BSOD after installing Cumulative Update KB4343909 Windows 10 v1803 Aug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after installing Cumulative Update KB4343909 Windows 10 v1803 Aug: Win10 Pro Completed all updates last night - no issues Woke machine this early afternoon and had a BSOD but missed reading complete details (may have said driver issue) Rebooted ok and found that I had no sound Rebooted again and still n/g Troubleshooter was n/g Restored...
  3. after installing the April 2018 update i have no internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    after installing the April 2018 update i have no internet connection: after installing the April 2018 update i have no internet connection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/after-installing-the-april-2018-update-i-have-no/e95eb368-1107-4baa-b079-2152046934cb
  4. Cannot remove old account from login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove old account from login screen: When I turn on my computer I get the old user ID and have to click on new user ID on bottom left portion of screen to sign in with new user ID. How do I remove the old user ID from login screen?...
  5. Switching to a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching to a local account: When I switch to a different account it says, "Switch to a local account". Can the account I’m switching to be accessed by anyone in my area?...
  6. Windows 10 Spring Creators Update doesnt install after restarting nor using the Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Spring Creators Update doesnt install after restarting nor using the Windows 10...: I have been using this installation of windows for a while and I have disabled the Windows Update Services to stop downloads but now I have decided to update I notice that the installation of the Windows 10 version 1803 doesnt install, when it asks to restarts it shows that...
  7. How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?: I am returning an Acer laptop which I replaced with a new laptop. Before returning the defective laptop, I want to delete my MS account, etc. I have deleted all files but it still shows my administrator name which is my MS email name and email. How do I remove it?...
  8. Automatic Scrolling After Windows 10 Update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Automatic Scrolling After Windows 10 Update?: Hello, As of late, I've been having a reoccuring problem with automatic scrolling with my Windows 10 laptop. Windows 10 came preinstalled on the system, and it is an HP laptop currently (at the time of writing this post, since Microsoft updates far too often) running...
  9. Sony MDR 1000x not working after (~August 14th Windows 10 Update)

Sony MDR 1000x not working after (~August 14th Windows 10 Update): I've already re-paired my cans several times, they will pair but not connect. When I turn on the headphones I get the "Power On" message but I never receive the "Bluetooth Connected" prompt. No audio from headphones and the device doesn't show up under the new crummy...
  10. Windows 10 Mobile Keyboard after August 18 update.

Windows 10 Mobile Keyboard after August 18 update.: I loaded an update today and now the spacebar in the keyboard does not work. How do I revert to the previous version so that I can send sensible messages. Moved from: Microsoft Lumia and Nokia Lumia / Using Windows 10 on phone...