Unstable Taskbar after demoting account to Standard

Discus and support Unstable Taskbar after demoting account to Standard in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi all, In order to make my pc more secure I created a new Admin account, then I changed mine from Admin to Standard. However, now my Taskbar will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drpeppercan, Jun 14, 2018 at 1:23 AM.

1. drpeppercan Win User

Hi all,

In order to make my pc more secure I created a new Admin account, then I changed mine from Admin to Standard.
    However, now my Taskbar will crash and restart every time I click any of its icons, except for the Sound control. The Sticky note I have showing, crashes along with it, and a second later both reload.
    Fortunately it's not affecting other apps so far, it seems. Except for Files Manager. It crashes too.
    Just in case, I changed my account back to Admin. But the problem persists *Sad

What should be my next step?

Thanks guys *Smile

:)

2. kseadler Win User

Demote an adult account to a child account

SURELY there must be a way to demote an adult account to a child account. Come on, Microsoft!!! I've been asking for this for two years!!! Anyone out there ever successfully demoted an account? Just changing the DOB doesn't work. I don't want to delete
    the account - it has lots of xbox points. but as the Parent, I want to set better controls up. HELP

3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

4. Karthicka_R Win User

I don't have an administrator account and i have two accounts and they are both standard account.

Hi,

As per your description, I understand that you have two standard accounts in your computer and you want to convert the account to Administrator account.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the standard account to administrator and check if it helps.

• Press ‘Windows+X’ and go to ‘Control panel’.
    • Locate ‘User Accounts’ and click on it.
    • Click on ‘Change your account type’ and check the option
      ‘Administrator’ then click on ‘Change account type’.
    • Now your account will be changed as Administrator account.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Thema:

Unstable Taskbar after demoting account to Standard - Similar Threads - Unstable Taskbar demoting

1. Edge has become unstable for me in the last ~2 months: any fix?

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge has become unstable for me in the last ~2 months: any fix?: Folks, I switched to Edge as soon as I switched to W10. As my title states, in the last few months it's become unstable. It, without warning, will shutdown and disappear. All tabs, all instances, just gone. Upon restart, all the tabs are there. I have no clue what's...
  2. Dual NEC Monitors Unstable - Win10 Pro, Dell5580 w/DS3100 Dock

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual NEC Monitors Unstable - Win10 Pro, Dell5580 w/DS3100 Dock: I just received a new laptop from work. IT delivered it, configured it for dual monitor display and it lost this the first time the screen saver became active. Detect does not work, identify can. I read the tutorial, yet found nothing significant with regard to the issues I...
  3. Very unstable local network

in Windows 10 Support
    Very unstable local network: Hi there, I have a very small local network consisting of a desktop and a laptop both running windows 10 fall creator. The desktop is connected by cable to a router and the laptop connected via wifi. The desktop's file manager can see the laptop, but the desktop is not...
  4. Intel Wireless-AC 7260 unstable since Windows 10 Creators update ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel Wireless-AC 7260 unstable since Windows 10 Creators update ?: Hello Since this Windows update the internet connection has become rather unstable - usually manifesting straight after booting up with exclamation mark on Network connection icon in toolbar (no internet connection). Using windows network troubleshooting option ends up...
  5. Unstable fan speed after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Unstable fan speed after 1803 update: Actually, I might be imagining things. But I am noticing my CPU fan is running erratically. I have the PM set to balance. I have a custom desktop. Specs are Asus Sabertooth Z170s, i5 6600K 4.2 ghz using a Coolmaster EVO cooler. 16 gigs DDR4-3000 (2 x 8 gig sticks), Gigabyte...
  6. Solved: 5 GHz Internet unstable as of last night. 2.4 Ghz OK

in Windows 10 Support
    Solved: 5 GHz Internet unstable as of last night. 2.4 Ghz OK: Solved: After all this fuss it would appear a neighbour has installed a new 5ghz router and our network channels may have been overlapping causing the issue. My router was set to automatically choose a channel which according to what I can see is the same as my neighbour....
  7. Unstable Wifi connection, but LAN is absolutely fine

in Windows 10 Support
    Unstable Wifi connection, but LAN is absolutely fine: Hi Have been trying to fix this problem myself for a while now but it has got unworkable and I just can't figure it out. I have two computers in the house - desktop is connected to router (D-Link DIR-655) via Cat5e, laptop via wifi. I work from home a lot and the...
Unstable Taskbar after demoting account to Standard solved