Windows 10: Unstable Taskbar after demoting account to Standard

Discus and support Unstable Taskbar after demoting account to Standard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, In order to make my pc more secure I created a new Admin account, then I changed mine from Admin to Standard. However, now my Taskbar will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drpeppercan, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Unstable Taskbar after demoting account to Standard

Hi all,

In order to make my pc more secure I created a new Admin account, then I changed mine from Admin to Standard.
    However, now my Taskbar will crash and restart every time I click any of its icons, except for the Sound control. The Sticky note I have showing, crashes along with it, and a second later both reload.
    Fortunately it's not affecting other apps so far, it seems. Except for Files Manager. It crashes too.
    Just in case, I changed my account back to Admin. But the problem persists *Sad

What should be my next step?

Thanks guys *Smile

:)

drpeppercan, Jun 13, 2018
  2. kseadler Win User

Demote an adult account to a child account

SURELY there must be a way to demote an adult account to a child account. Come on, Microsoft!!! I've been asking for this for two years!!! Anyone out there ever successfully demoted an account? Just changing the DOB doesn't work. I don't want to delete
    the account - it has lots of xbox points. but as the Parent, I want to set better controls up. HELP

kseadler, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Unstable Taskbar after demoting account to Standard

I don't have an administrator account and i have two accounts and they are both standard account.

Hi,

As per your description, I understand that you have two standard accounts in your computer and you want to convert the account to Administrator account.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the standard account to administrator and check if it helps.

• Press ‘Windows+X’ and go to ‘Control panel’.
    • Locate ‘User Accounts’ and click on it.
    • Click on ‘Change your account type’ and check the option
      ‘Administrator’ then click on ‘Change account type’.
    • Now your account will be changed as Administrator account.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Unstable Taskbar after demoting account to Standard

1. Unstable Taskbar after demoting account to Standard - Similar Threads - Unstable Taskbar demoting

2. Demote Domain Controller blocked by Certificate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Demote Domain Controller blocked by Certificate: Moving 2012r2 Domain Controllers DC1 to new 2016 Domain Controllers DC01.Roles for DNS & DHCP are already removed and now trying to remove ADDC1 has Active Directory Certificate Services Role blocking me from Demoting the ServerHow do I proceed to move Schema Master and...
  3. Blocked admin account by standard account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked admin account by standard account: Hi ! please someone help me i need to tell you that i was setting some fuctions for me ..... ya i know i stupid but somehow i changed my account type to standard and block admin account ....i can't get admin powers and admin account is gone somewhere i need help please :...
  4. Account Locked in a standard account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Locked in a standard account: Hi there, I have accidentally changed my main windows account the one I use to a standard account and don't know how to change back to a administrator as I need to be able to download things and it isn't letting me saying I need to be an administrator. I have also lost access...
  5. Account Locked in a standard account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Locked in a standard account: Hi there, I have accidentally changed my main windows account the one I use to a standard account and don't know how to change back to a administrator as I need to be able to download things and it isn't letting me saying I need to be an administrator. I have also lost access...
  6. Windows Lagging after I made a standard account .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Lagging after I made a standard account .: I am annoyed of repetitive amount of problems on the windows I tried to make a standard account on my pc setup everything on my admin account. since I had a vm running on my admin account so I just choose switch user instead of logout but when I tried to login on other...
  7. changing standard account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changing standard account to administrator account: by mistakely I have changed administrator account to standard account please help me to solve problem I cant finding any solutions for this...
  8. Standard Account Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Standard Account Problem: My account is standard. The administrator is Guest. And I don’t know what the password for Guess is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-account-problem/5f2f054c-af64-4b45-9a60-7a68fb3be4c7"
  9. Standard account

Standard account: How to make a standard account if I am the administrato. Is it safer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-account/4d0a737f-11b0-4df8-8c05-cb4aa03ba76b"
  10. STandard Account

STandard Account: Why can't I have a Standard account, with my Microsoft account, I've read they are more secure than any other account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/defender_offline-protect_scanning-windows_10/standard-account/8aa263a5-3435-47e8-a3fe-e779dfdcd8bc