Windows 10: disk layout for UEFI firmware. The OS is on an MBR disk.

Discus and support disk layout for UEFI firmware. The OS is on an MBR disk. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; 1803 will nt install. I get an error message saying I have an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware. The OS is on an MBR disk. Does this mean I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BobZ, May 16, 2018.

1. BobZ Win User

disk layout for UEFI firmware. The OS is on an MBR disk.

1803 will nt install. I get an error message saying I have an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware. The OS is on an MBR disk. Does this mean I have to make it a GPT?

:)

2. slance310 Win User

Unable to upgrade due to unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware. Need help!

Hi,

I will check the other thread...

Are you still getting the Unsupported Disk layout for UEFI ?

slance310, May 18, 2018
  3. clay_ed Win User
    unsupported disk layout for uefi firmware

hi i'm running windows 8.1 in a raid 0 config from 2 x 240GB solid state drives, i have just tried to up date to windows 10 and i get this message "windows can't be installed because this pc has an unsupported disk layout for uefi firmware
    " when i first installed windows 7 i had a lot of trouble getting the raid controller to work however after messing about in the UEFI bios with the raid setting it eventually installed i then brought a windows 8 upgrade licence which installed without any
    issues and so did windows 8.1. i am running this on a home built Asus X99-S mother board computer. i suspect its the raid 0 config thats giving me issues if i was to remove the raid0 and install to 1 hard drive it should work ok however that would mean a
    clean install of windows7 which i don't want to do. has anybody solved this problem

clay_ed, May 18, 2018
Thema:

disk layout for UEFI firmware. The OS is on an MBR disk.

1. disk layout for UEFI firmware. The OS is on an MBR disk. - Similar Threads - disk layout UEFI

2. Unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware: I wasn't able to update my windows because it stated that the disk layout was unsupported. I have 1903 but have no idea what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsupported-disk-layout-for-uefi-firmware/5db915ea-310f-48ea-9fad-6dd8b0409a91
  3. UEFI : The disk layout for UEFI firmware isn't supported.

UEFI : The disk layout for UEFI firmware isn't supported.: Windows won't update and I get the above message. This is my Windows info [ATTACH] What do I need to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uefi-the-disk-layout-for-uefi-firmware-isnt/1a7e5683-4863-4c1f-b2e9-89e6918e8135
  4. The Disk layout for UEFI firmware not supported

The Disk layout for UEFI firmware not supported: When I was about to install the latest update for Windows 10 64bits I received the message: The Disk layout for UEFI firmware not supported. How I can fix that? I have Windows 10 working on Samsung MV 2 But all work fine....
  5. Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI firmware

Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI firmware: 1803 will nt install. I get an error message saying I have an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware. The OS is on an MBR disk. Does this mean I have to make it a GPT? 110420
  6. Unsuppotred Disk Layout for UFI firmware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unsuppotred Disk Layout for UFI firmware: 1803 will nt install. I get an error message saying I have an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware. The OS is on an MBR disk. Does this mean I have to make it a GPT? 110420
  7. 'Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI Firmware' yet BIOS Mode set to UEFI

'Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI Firmware' yet BIOS Mode set to UEFI: Sometime in the fall I started getting Windows 10 update errors trying to install 1607 (the anniversary update I believe). After trying different fixes I just ignored it for a while hoping windows would come up with a fix. 6 months later and I'd like to finally resolved this...
  8. Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI Firmware

Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI Firmware: BIOS is set to boot Legacy. Here are the two prior threads getting me from being patently annoyed with 1703 being chronically hung on a quality update to where I am now. The first one is a long read and the summary is, lots of trainwreckage, machine boots in Legacy....
  9. Creator's Update- Disk Layout for UEFI firmware isn't supported error

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator's Update- Disk Layout for UEFI firmware isn't supported error: Hi there. Applying the creators update manually to an existing Win 10 x64 installation, or at least attempting to. When using the manual upgrade exe, I receive the following error: Windows 10 will not run on this PC Here is why Windows 10 can't be installed: The disk...
  10. Cannot upgrade due to unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot upgrade due to unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware: This problem is driving me nuts. *Confused I've had Win10 installed for ages and no problems until Upgrade 1511 came along. How come Windows 10 worked all that time and now refuses to upgrade? Can anyone provide a fix for this problem: Upgrade to Windows 10 Home,...