Windows 10: Unsyncing One Drive

Discus and support Unsyncing One Drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This afternoon I had a strange happening. When I turned on my machine and booted I got a message saying one of my Excel folders could not be synced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Sep 8, 2015.

1. JJG10 Win User

Unsyncing One Drive

This afternoon I had a strange happening. When I turned on my machine and booted I got a message saying one of my Excel folders could not be synced with one drive. When I opened that file on my desktop, the calculations did not provided the latest and correct answers. I always have a pretty good idea of the range the answers should be in. They were way off. I had a backup of all my files on an external HD and thank goodness they were intact as far as I can tell.

I want to keep a copy of the latest files on One Drive but I don't want them automatically synchronized. In otherwords, I want One Drive to behave a one huge HD that I read and write to when I choose to do so without synchronization.

:)

JJG10, Sep 8, 2015

2. Unsynced OneDrive Folders

Folders I've chosen not to sync to my computer from One Drive will not appear in File Explorer. Combined with the disappearance of the OneDrive App, the only way to access unsynced OneDrive folders is by opening a browser. Am I doing something wrong?

RyanDeegan, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Liezl Fal Win User
    This PC > Documents now duplicate One Drive folder

We suggest that you try to un-sync your OneDrive from that PC and re-sync it. Make sure to choose only those folders that you would want to become synced to your PC.

For the steps on how to do it, please check out the answer of Mohammed Yaseerfrom this link:

Can't Unsync One Drive Files

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Sep 8, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Unsyncing One Drive

Hi

If you go to OneDrive settings you can set up selective sync. ie Choose what folders you want Onedrive to sync and what folders not to sync

WhyMe, Sep 8, 2015
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you very much, Why Me.

I am having trouble finding the One Drive settings you mention. Several places here on the web say I should right click on the One Drive Icon or the the White Cloud icon on the task bar to see the files to be synchronized. My task bar has neither of them. Is there another way to get to the settings?

Thanks again.

JJG10, Sep 8, 2015
  6. JJG10 Win User
    I finally tried uninstalling and reinstalling Onedrive. That solved the problem.

JJG10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unsyncing One Drive

1. Unsyncing One Drive - Similar Threads - Unsyncing Drive

2. how do I unsync two devices that have the same email adress?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I unsync two devices that have the same email adress?: There isn't much else to say, I am trying to un-sync two of my computers that have the same email address, can someone help me with this? Somethign said to find somethign that says sync your devices but I don't see it....
  3. how do I unsync two devices that have the same email adress?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I unsync two devices that have the same email adress?: There isn't much else to say, I am trying to un-sync two of my computers that have the same email address, can someone help me with this? Somethign said to find somethign that says sync your devices but I don't see it....
  4. How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?: Hello. I need to elaborate just a bit here.I have 2 pc's running Win10 on the same Microsoft account. Now, the differences are that one pc is a retail version of Win10, the other was the free upgrade from Win7not sure if this matters.I just did the most recent updates and...
  5. How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?

How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?: Hello. I need to elaborate just a bit here.I have 2 pc's running Win10 on the same Microsoft account. Now, the differences are that one pc is a retail version of Win10, the other was the free upgrade from Win7not sure if this matters.I just did the most recent updates and...
  6. How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Cannot Unsync One Drive From My PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Unsync One Drive From My PC: I am trying to unsync the One Drive from My PC. however will not unsync.Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-unsync-one-drive-from-my-pc/8cd0d83a-bf70-4329-b0a8-15983351d62e
  8. Cannot Unsync One Drive From My PC

Cannot Unsync One Drive From My PC: I am trying to unsync the One Drive from My PC. however will not unsync.Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-unsync-one-drive-from-my-pc/8cd0d83a-bf70-4329-b0a8-15983351d62e
  9. How to unsync one drive from a specific folder without deleting all of its files off my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to unsync one drive from a specific folder without deleting all of its files off my...: I have my PC currently synced up with my school one drive account. I want to unsync my PCs desktop from one drive so that if I make any changes or add any files they just stay on my computer, but when i try to unsync the desktop folder it says its unable to because it...
  10. Deleted/Unsynced One Drive files and now disappeared files from Desktop

Deleted/Unsynced One Drive files and now disappeared files from Desktop: Hi, I have just, for the first time, gone into the OneDrive settings to stop automatic syncing of files, because I got fed up with the notifications telling me that my OneDrive was almost full - I have the basic 5GB option and I don;t need anymore. At this point I did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the effect of unsyncing a folder

2. will one drive files affect my files on my computer

3. unsyncing laptop and pc windows10

4. one unsyncing,
  5. will unsyncing one drive affect my hard drive files