Windows 10: 'Untested Windows version 10.0 detected' error when launching Amazon Kindle for PC

Discus and support 'Untested Windows version 10.0 detected' error when launching Amazon Kindle for PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings, I get this error when launching Amazon Kindle for PC. The notification shows up for half a second, then disappears and nothing happens.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OverLordGoldDragon, Jul 16, 2018.

1. 'Untested Windows version 10.0 detected' error when launching Amazon Kindle for PC

Greetings,

I get this error when launching Amazon Kindle for PC. The notification shows up for half a second, then disappears and nothing happens. It doesn't show in the task manager either.

Any fixes? Help is appreciated

:)

OverLordGoldDragon, Jul 16, 2018
  2. qubit Win User

qubit kills his Windows 10 with a Kindle

I read that article below on killing the Anniversary Update edition of Windows 10 and just had to try it.

Plugged my Kindle Voyage into a USB 2.0 port and nothing happened - Windows just treated it as a normal USB drive, like always. Tried a couple of times, all good. Plugged it into a USB 3.0 port and it wasn't even recognized. Windows kept going like nothing happened.

Plugged it back into a USB 2.0 port and bam! Down she goes. *Laugh :laugh:

Unplugged the Kindle, reset the PC and Windows started up fine.

www.nextpowerup.com/news/30134/amazon-kindles-can-crash-windows-10-following-anniversary-update

'Untested Windows version 10.0 detected' error when launching Amazon Kindle for PC tpu.jpg

qubit, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Amazon Kindle Fire - Bummer

This is why I won't buy a kindle...

'Untested Windows version 10.0 detected' error when launching Amazon Kindle for PC Capture022.png

THAT arrived in my Amazon login-screen TODAY (29.9.11). LOOK at that! Beztos, pretending THIS is the "NEW Kindle". But where is the Touch or Fire models? And they want £89 for this edition which is the low-spec, the same as is being sold in the US at $79. At £89 people will assume this is the better $99 Touch version. But it isnt. Is amazon trying to use the positive PR that they are getting with the Fire to dump the low spec stock on unwary unsuspecting customers?

I find that type of sales tactic rather dishonest.

Tell the people there is the new Fire or Touch models, but they won't be available in the UK for x weeks time, rather than pawning them off with the rubbish edition... I find it all unsavoury trickery.

Three models
    http://www.dailytech.com/Quick+Note+Amazon+Launches+79+Kindle+99+Kindle+Touch+/article22870.htm

Book console sold at a loss
    http://www.dailytech.com/Amazon+to+...ple+Gets+150+per+iPad+2+Sold/article22875.htm

Completely Bonkers, Jul 16, 2018
  4. mtosev Win User

'Untested Windows version 10.0 detected' error when launching Amazon Kindle for PC

Will Kindle Fire be launched outside of the USA?

So is amazon planning to launch the kindle fire outside of the usa?

mtosev, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

'Untested Windows version 10.0 detected' error when launching Amazon Kindle for PC

1. 'Untested Windows version 10.0 detected' error when launching Amazon Kindle for PC - Similar Threads - 'Untested version detected'

2. Kindle App Crashing: "Untested Windows version 10.0 detected" ? What is going on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kindle App Crashing: "Untested Windows version 10.0 detected" ? What is going on?: When switching my laptop from reading mode reversible 360 degree type of laptop back to regular, Kindle crashes and the following error message flashes quickly: "Qt: Untested Windows version 10.0 detected!...
  3. Windows 10 crashes when Amazon Kindle is connected

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 crashes when Amazon Kindle is connected: [ATTACH]Some PC users might experience a crash with a BSOD message whenever Amazon Kindle is connected to a Windows 10 computer. It was noted that […] This article Windows 10 crashes when Amazon Kindle is connected first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Amazon Kindle disappears

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Amazon Kindle disappears: My HP Notebook just updated with Windows 10.0.0 build 18362 and does not retain Amazon Kindle. It just updated and Kindle disappeared and I had to download and install it again....
  5. Amazon Kindle Fire 7 won't connect to my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Amazon Kindle Fire 7 won't connect to my Windows 10 PC: I am trying to connect my Kindle Fire 7 to my PC. I was trying to do a manual software update for my Fire. It shows up in Device Manager as E:/ but when I go File Explorer it isn't there. The drivers' name is WPD Filesystem Volume. I have searched many forums and issues...
  6. Window 10 not detecting Kindle Touch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window 10 not detecting Kindle Touch: After updating to Window 10, my laptop can no longer detect my Kindle Touch. Even when they are connected, it does not show up on my laptop... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-not-detecting-kindle-touch/be5aab8c-bcc7-4f97-b2b8-fa09a3e0dd79
  7. Amazon Kindle Application will download but not open.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Amazon Kindle Application will download but not open.: My computer recently had to get factory reset, I was able to back up all my files but all of my apps were deleted. I had no problem redownloading apps like google chrome, spotify, microsoft office, etc, however, the Kindle for PC app wont download. I've updated my computer,...
  8. Is there a Amazon Kindle app for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a Amazon Kindle app for Windows 10?: Is there a Amazon Kindle app for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/9f495f5d-589f-42a9-8b49-abda249b6bf2"
  9. Amazon Kindle for PC on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Amazon Kindle for PC on Windows 10: I recently downloaded Amazon Kindle for PC version 1.25.50264. Whenever I launch the app, it asks me to log in to Amazon, but the window just keeps flashing. A video of this occurrence is in this link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SXAqcMolhbYqhk1JerV68fB8fgfLemJx Not...
  10. Amazon Kindle is not working on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    Amazon Kindle is not working on Windows 10 PC: [ATTACH] If you’re an eBook reader, then chances are you’ve been reading your favorite books on an Amazon Kindle since the device is the most popular in its category. Amazon has really outdone itself with the Kindle, but as always, things [...] This post Amazon Kindle is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. untested windows version 10.0 detected

2. effects launching untested softwre

3. kindle for pc untested windows version 10.0 detected

4. untested windows version 10.0 detected Kindle for PC,
  5. untested version,
  6. qt: untested windows version 10 detected,
  7. QT: Untested Windows version 10.0 detected! kindle for pc,
  8. kindle untested,
  9. Untested Windows version 10.0 detected!,
  10. what does untested windows version mean,
  11. untested windows version 10.0 detected amazon kindle,