Windows 10: Unusual application address in task manager for sttray64.exe

Discus and support Unusual application address in task manager for sttray64.exe in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to repair my Win 10, that newly became so slow, in Chrome browsing and startup, by limiting unnecessary startup programs. I found a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alain2017, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Alain2017 Win User

Unusual application address in task manager for sttray64.exe

I am trying to repair my Win 10, that newly became so slow, in Chrome browsing and startup, by limiting unnecessary startup programs.
    I found a "Program" program and did some research about it and decided to remove it from my PC.
    But it could not be displayed in add/remove program list.
    right click options are disabled in task manager.
    What I realized is that, the addres of this file is unusual, there is a double coat in the middle of address, not at the end!.

Unusual application address in task manager for sttray64.exe [​IMG]

"C:\Program" files\IDT\WDM\sttray64.exe
    I checked, the file is not in this folder.

I have an updated Antivirus, firewall running.

in thhe other hand, after my last Win updates, my sound system not working properly, for example volume meter is not folowing keyboard buttons, and headphone jack could not mute pc speakers and I can hear from both of them.

So I need experts help.

Best

:)

Alain2017, Jun 25, 2017

2. why does windows 10 crash so much? is there a problem with your software?

its kind of crazy...you are working on something and suddenly a blue screen comes up and the system boots...may be you should run more rigorous tests before releasing the os software, one of the error message(there are many more) reads like this:

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 15-Mar-17 12:03:11 AM

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: ds-PC

Description:

Faulting application name: sttray64.exe, version: 1.0.6269.0, time stamp: 0x4b668694

Faulting module name: sttray64.exe, version: 1.0.6269.0, time stamp: 0x4b668694

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x000000000000d2d2

Faulting process id: 0x2380

Faulting application start time: 0x01d29cf14414222a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray64.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray64.exe

Report Id: f0cdd319-eda2-42ba-9257-38b62fa77dca

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-03-14T18:33:11.662664200Z" />

<EventRecordID>13837</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>ds-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>sttray64.exe</Data>

<Data>1.0.6269.0</Data>

<Data>4b668694</Data>

<Data>sttray64.exe</Data>

<Data>1.0.6269.0</Data>

<Data>4b668694</Data>

<Data>c000041d</Data>

<Data>000000000000d2d2</Data>

<Data>2380</Data>

<Data>01d29cf14414222a</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray64.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray64.exe</Data>

<Data>f0cdd319-eda2-42ba-9257-38b62fa77dca</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

debopriyosanyal, Jun 25, 2017
  3. Unusual process in task manager

Hello,

Let us investigate this further, we need additional information, please see the questions below:

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

• Please send us a screenshot of the
      pop-up as soon as you start the computer?

You can try using System File Checker in Windows 10.

Disclaimer: System File Checker is a utility available in Windows 10 that checks for system file
    corruption. It's recommended for advanced users.

To run
    System File Checker:

1. Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, then select
    Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Enter
    sfc/scannow(note
    the space between "sfc" and "/").

Let us know the status of the issue.

Regards,

Jomari Arc, Jun 25, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

What I've seen is the sttray64.exe file in the IDT Folder has to do with the sound adapter/card in a computer. The biggest issue is the double-quote in the path being there or in the wrong place, C:\Program Files is a legitimate/required Folder on both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows. If running the 64-bit there will also be a C:\Program Files (x86) folder to hold 32-bit programs.

The double-quote should be at the beginning and at the end of the path or not there at all. That suggests some corruption or infection of the computer. I'd start with running an up-to-date antivirus program, an antimalware program then removing the sound software, rebooting and reinstalling it.

Berton, Jun 25, 2017
  5. simrick Win User
    *Ditto Agreed. You could also run sfc /scannow after you're sure it's clean.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unusual application address in task manager for sttray64.exe - Similar Threads - Unusual application address

2. task Manager shows something unusual

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task Manager shows something unusual: i am worried whether my cpu has problem? normally the graph of the cpu only has one line, but today when I opened it, two different lines appeared. is this an error? And does it need to be handled?...
  3. unusual behaviour by exe file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unusual behaviour by exe file: PUA:Win32/Solvusof, every time I scan defender says unusual behaviour for download folder in F, low https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unusual-behaviour-by-exe-file/ef3770d3-3c19-409a-b891-e4500a0fcfad
  4. OVER 20 RunDll32.exe and svchost.exe in TASK MANAGER !

OVER 20 RunDll32.exe and svchost.exe in TASK MANAGER !: There are so many RunDLL32.exe and svchost.exe in task manager, which slows down the system and even startup and restarts take much time. Help me out. Below is the screen shot from Process Explorer. [ATTACH] Here is the screen shot of startup of task manager sorted using...
  5. OVER 20 RunDll32.exe in TASK MANAGER !

OVER 20 RunDll32.exe in TASK MANAGER !: There are so many RunDLL32.exe in task manager, which slows down the system and even startup and restarts take much time. Help me out. Below is the screen shot from Process Explorer. [ATTACH] Here is the screen shot of startup of task manager sorted using status....
  6. The "System" Process in Task Manager Using Unusually High CPU Usage

The "System" Process in Task Manager Using Unusually High CPU Usage: In the past few days I have noticed the System process using a lot of CPU in Task Manager, around25% - 40% CPU usage. Since then I have noticed my fans randomly start spinning a lot when I am doing light tasks, like using Chrome. I am also seeing the blue loading sign next to...
  7. Unusual App in Task Manager

Unusual App in Task Manager: Well i am not certain if it is an app a service or what it is, I looked online and nada which is very unusual. I also, search The community and again nothing. The Mystery App/Service is "Girl Fekolo" anyone have any thoughts? [ATTACH]...
  8. sttray64.exe error message after latest windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sttray64.exe error message after latest windows update?: Good Afternoon Since installing the latest windows update for windows 10 on my HP envy 14 beats edition laptop I have been getting the following error message after startup and I've also noticed I lose my files and images in my adobe premiere elements, not sure how this has...
  9. Task manager or any system exe is not supported.

Task manager or any system exe is not supported.: Hi all, I have been facing this issue for a while, I cannot open task manager or run any application as an administrator. I tried searching a solution but it involved sfc scan on cmd as an administrator. Finally, I decided to reset my PC and start new. Just finished...
  10. Issue with a task manager startup application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with a task manager startup application: So recently I opened my task manager startup, and I saw something that I am a little bit concerned about. There's a file that just says "Program" and it has no publisher? I can't link to the file location so I don't know what it is from. Just worried it might be a virus and I...