Unusual file name extension and size

Discus and support Unusual file name extension and size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a hidden file that is 607GB on a 931GB Hard Disk with the extension (.DErQc). What is this file doing? Regards, 115515 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ventito, Aug 6, 2018.

1. ventito Win User

I have a hidden file that is 607GB on a 931GB Hard Disk with the extension (.DErQc). What is this file doing?
    Regards,

:)

ventito, Aug 6, 2018
  2. Dhavelyn Mer Win User

Files given .pos extension

Hi Howard,

System file corruption may cause sudden changes in your saved files. For us to know what's causing this unusual behavior, we'd like to verify the following information:

• Are you seeing the same thing when accessing these files on another computer?
    • Is the issue confined to .epub and .mp3 files only? Are you encountering the same difficulty with your other file extensions?
    • Which Windows 10 version are you using?
    • Are there any third party applications or programs installed on your device?
    • What steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Michael Gall Win User
    File extension *.docx

Hi Randy,

To change the file extension when saving a document in Word 2013, you may follow the steps below:

• Click on File; then, select Options from the list.
    • In the Word Options window, choose Save.
    • Under Save files in this format, select *.doc from the list.
    • Hit OK button to confirm and save the changes.

If ever your Word 2013 application is not recognizing the changes you have made, you may restart the application; however, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair it. To do this, see this
    link.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 6, 2018
  4. BucketHead99 Win User

Extensions in Microsoft Edge

I too add my name to the list of people who find Edge useless without extensions.
    Huge step backward folks.

BucketHead99, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Unusual file name extension and size - Similar Threads - Unusual file name

2. Netplwiz, windows 10, no check box to uncheck password and user name.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Netplwiz, windows 10, no check box to uncheck password and user name.: Hi, I'm using window 10, trying to use netplwiz to bypass login but when I chose my user name there is not check box to uncheck use password and user name. Anyone know why? SJM...
  3. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...
  4. Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager and a folder with random name in Program Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager and a folder with random name in Program Files: Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager, It pops up after a certain interval of time and switches off my wifi, when I right clicked and tried to locate it, it shows a folder with a weird name inside the Program Files. Scanned the laptop with Rogue Killer, Defender and MBAM,...
  5. How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10: I have POS printer installed in my system. I defined a Custom Receipt Paper size in Printer server properties, which is not listing in my printers paper size and the same i need to set it as my default paper Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Social...
  6. How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in Windows 10: [ATTACH] In this post, we will see what is the bootres.dll file in the Windows 10 OS and where is it located. We will also see how to fix or replace a corrupted bootres.dll file that may prevent you from booting [...] This post How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in...
  7. Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...: I have been trying to get an Windows 10 1803 ISO for my office for a VM Hypervisor. The Media Creation Tool 1803 is running really slow and when I lock my computer down for my work day so it can keep downloading, when I come back, the program is closed and the file is not...
  8. How do you exclude files from a system image backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do you exclude files from a system image backup?: Does anyone know if this works in Windows 10: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pre...80819(v=ws.10) or if there is a different way to exclude folders from a system image created with the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) feature? 115940
  9. If I decide to choose Reset my PC option that saves my files and reinstalls Windows 10,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If I decide to choose Reset my PC option that saves my files and reinstalls Windows 10,...: The edition I'm using is Windows 10 Pro, and under the Activation, it says: Windows is activated using your organization's activation service. I would like to choose Reset my PC from the Recovery option, keep my files and reinstall Windows, but will I have to enter the...
  10. How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10: I have POS printer installed in my system. I defined a Custom Receipt Paper size in Printer server properties, which is not listing in my printers paper size and the same i need to set it as my default paper...