Windows 10: Unusual file name extension and size

Discus and support Unusual file name extension and size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a hidden file that is 607GB on a 931GB Hard Disk with the extension (.DErQc). What is this file doing? Regards, 115515 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ventito, Aug 6, 2018.

1. ventito Win User

Unusual file name extension and size

I have a hidden file that is 607GB on a 931GB Hard Disk with the extension (.DErQc). What is this file doing?
    Regards,

:)

ventito, Aug 6, 2018

2. Files given .pos extension

Hi Howard,

System file corruption may cause sudden changes in your saved files. For us to know what's causing this unusual behavior, we'd like to verify the following information:

• Are you seeing the same thing when accessing these files on another computer?
    • Is the issue confined to .epub and .mp3 files only? Are you encountering the same difficulty with your other file extensions?
    • Which Windows 10 version are you using?
    • Are there any third party applications or programs installed on your device?
    • What steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 6, 2018
  3. File extension *.docx

Hi Randy,

To change the file extension when saving a document in Word 2013, you may follow the steps below:

• Click on File; then, select Options from the list.
    • In the Word Options window, choose Save.
    • Under Save files in this format, select *.doc from the list.
    • Hit OK button to confirm and save the changes.

If ever your Word 2013 application is not recognizing the changes you have made, you may restart the application; however, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair it. To do this, see this
    link.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Unusual file name extension and size

Extensions in Microsoft Edge

I too add my name to the list of people who find Edge useless without extensions.
    Huge step backward folks.

BucketHead99, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Unusual file name extension and size

1. Unusual file name extension and size - Similar Threads - Unusual file name

2. Cannot delete file no extension name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete file no extension name: Hello,I have been trying to delete a file but every time I try it says it is no longer located in that directory and thus it cannot be deleted. This file was created by me a while ago while I was trying to save a link to a website on my desktop, but now it will not let me...
  3. Cannot delete file no extension name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete file no extension name: Hello,I have been trying to delete a file but every time I try it says it is no longer located in that directory and thus it cannot be deleted. This file was created by me a while ago while I was trying to save a link to a website on my desktop, but now it will not let me...
  4. Cannot delete file no extension name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?: Hello, I'm trying to figure out a way to easily upload CAD parts, but I'm running into an issue.The files are Creo Parametric files, and the way that Creo saves files is that it adds an extension starting at .1 and iterating by 1 each time it is saved, which is great because...
  6. Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?: Hello, I'm trying to figure out a way to easily upload CAD parts, but I'm running into an issue.The files are Creo Parametric files, and the way that Creo saves files is that it adds an extension starting at .1 and iterating by 1 each time it is saved, which is great because...
  7. Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Changing a file's extension: disabling the "If you change a file name extension, the file...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing a file's extension: disabling the "If you change a file name extension, the file...: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.867] is there a registry key to get rid of it now ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-files-extension-disabling-the-if-you/dc219745-91fb-4c6b-9821-76fa22cf20c9
  9. Add image size to file name

in Windows 10 Support
    Add image size to file name: Hi, I would like to add the image size to the file name for my wallpapers collection. Example: "test.jpg" to "test 1920x1080.jpg" I was using free commander multi rename to do it, but it stops working, I don't know why. I would prefer to do it with powershell, it's quicker....
  10. Unusual file named .62030.jpg.3bqiFX

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusual file named .62030.jpg.3bqiFX: I was making a backup of my website files to Windows 7 with Cygwin (from a LAMP server, regular PHP script) and in the process something has created a file like this: .62030.jpg.3bqiFX In the folder where it appeared, there is a nother original file named 62030.jpg,...