Windows 10: unwanted ad

Discus and support unwanted ad in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I went to a website about two weeks ago and now every time I am online there is an ad from that site on my screen. Is there a way to eliminate it? 46109 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by elswood, Apr 2, 2016.

1. elswood Win User

unwanted ad

I went to a website about two weeks ago and now every time I am online there is an ad from that site on my screen. Is there a way to eliminate it?

:)

elswood, Apr 2, 2016

2. Unwanted Ads

Hi Nicolle -

Unfortunately you cannot mitigate the ads on Yahoo pages including Mailbox with popup blockers. They spend a lot of money programming their site to defeat popup blockers since it's how they make their money with those display ads - the reason you have to subscribe
    to Pro to even get rid of the ad to the right of the Inbox.

What works best to defeat this is to use WIndows 10 Mail which will sync all of your webmail like Yahoo into an ad-free larger inbox with a huge ad-free reading pane, gives all the functions of the Yahoo Mail including your folders, allows you to set the sync
    for as much history as you want in your Inbox or folders, and generally works great to merge all of your web mailboxes into the same Inbox or keep them separated.

Here's how to get started:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2488072,00...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I'll keep working with you until this is resolved.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 2, 2016
  3. Nicole116 Win User
    Unwanted Ads

Hello,

I have the pop up blocker set on.. however Yahoo ads keep appearing at the bottom left corner of my screen.. it appears when I am looking at items to potentially buy. How do I stop Yahoo ads???

Nicole116, Apr 2, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

unwanted ad

OldMike65, Apr 2, 2016
  5. Check the Programs & Features for anything new like "Wajan"! When not having the system protections running during a search a few weeks back I was suddenly getting a popup for 6 dating sites out of nowhere when first arriving here! When putting the software back on having needed it turned off for a period of time since av softwares tend interfere with some projects at times the Wajan ad generator was slipped on like any ordinary app where Windows Defender didn't notice a thing.

When the av software ran the initial scan it immediately found traces only of something "Wajan" later found to be an app with the uninstall option! This seems to be the new tactic being used lately since av protections have been updated to quickly find bots as well as other trojans. If you see that particular name you know right where to find it!

Night Hawk, Apr 3, 2016
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    eLPuSHeR, Apr 3, 2016
  7. If what I suspect is what went on you can try 1000 or more and still not see it removed! It simply will not be detected as any form of malware! That's how these newer bugs are being written to be slipped past without notice!

Night Hawk, Apr 3, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

unwanted ad

You may also have to completely reset your browsers, clear cache, and possibly remove all Flash cookies (Adobe flash manager has to be done online).

simrick, Apr 4, 2016
  9. Clearing the history and deleting the offline content won't hurt any! You will simply need to resign in again fresh at each site being the only item once that is seen to. But from the description the popup generator type slip past your notice type bombshell was what got dropped on you. Your av program will likely find a few faint traces of something with a name but not able to do anything else since the app is subtle enough to get past any typical av or bug removers.

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

unwanted ad

1. unwanted ad - Similar Threads - unwanted

2. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially unwanted app still lingering?: I had a potentially unwanted app appear on Windows Defender and removed it. A little while later whilst I'm clearing up some tasks that were enabled on startup I noticed one called utweb.exe Utweb and after searching it up it appears to be affiliated with the unwanted app....
  3. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Potentially unwanted app still lingering?: I had a potentially unwanted app appear on Windows Defender and removed it. A little while later whilst I'm clearing up some tasks that were enabled on startup I noticed one called utweb.exe Utweb and after searching it up it appears to be affiliated with the unwanted app....
  4. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  6. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  7. Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows: Hi I am getting an account requesting a email and password etc... when I start windows. This account is in my name it is not the admin account and it is not listed under settings other users or the control panel. In the email address in the windows login prompt it has the...
  8. Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows

Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows: Hi I am getting an account requesting a email and password etc... when I start windows. This account is in my name it is not the admin account and it is not listed under settings other users or the control panel. In the email address in the windows login prompt it has the...
  9. additional unwanted keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    additional unwanted keyboard layouts: i have keyboard layouts, that i've never added to my system. To get rid of them i've changed my system language to german, deleted all other languages in setting except german, but still there're two english layouts left en-US & en-UK. how can i delete them? i don't need to...
  10. additional unwanted keyboard layouts

additional unwanted keyboard layouts: i have keyboard layouts, that i've never added to my system. To get rid of them i've changed my system language to german, deleted all other languages in setting except german, but still there're two english layouts left en-US & en-UK. how can i delete them? i don't need to...