Windows 10: Unwanted and failed updates in Windows 10

Discus and support Unwanted and failed updates in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear All, In my Windows update history, I can see a large number of entries of installation failed updates. This is for both windows and Office. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LaLaLand, Mar 31, 2017.

1. LaLaLand Win User

Unwanted and failed updates in Windows 10

Dear All,

In my Windows update history, I can see a large number of entries of installation failed updates. This is for both windows and Office. It appears windows keeps downloading the upgrades again and again. Wasting a lot of data.

I don't have many office components installed. Like: Access, and One note. It keeps downloading updates for them as well, and later it appears as installation failed.

Is there a way to change this behavior? What should I do?

:)

LaLaLand, Mar 31, 2017

2. Windows update does not download

Original title: Carol

'I already have a new computer with windows 10 already on it.

Question: How do I get rid of the unwanted update that failed to download automatically? Just keeps saying retry. Never downloads nor does it go away.

CarolTorrence, Mar 31, 2017
  3. Linney Win User
    Linney, Mar 31, 2017
  4. Unwanted and failed updates in Windows 10

TairikuOkami, Mar 31, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    Happens all the time and not tied to particular Windows version. My MS Office 2013 gets updates for not installed components. It was happening even on W7. MS Office keeps some parts of installation source even when they are not installed for compatibility's sake with other parts. Shared DLLs, manifests etc. and they get updated too.

CountMike, Apr 2, 2017
  6. LaLaLand Win User
    Can I hide the non-required updates so that they do not get downloaded again and again? Probably Win 10 do not allow this.

LaLaLand, Apr 3, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    There are some settings built in:

Unwanted and failed updates in Windows 10 [​IMG]

CountMike, Apr 3, 2017
  8. LaLaLand Win User

If I un-select "Give me updates for other Microsoft products.........", will it stop updating Office? I am fine with not updating Office regularly.

LaLaLand, Apr 3, 2017
  9. CountMike New Member
    Yes it should.

CountMike, Apr 3, 2017
  10. LaLaLand Win User
    Great. Will try that. I have seen that page while moving around Windows update settings.

LaLaLand, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unwanted and failed updates in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unwanted failed updates

2. Unwanted updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unwanted updates: How can I stop automatlc updates.Every tlme I update I can't get online anymore. It has something to do with May 2000 update messing up the proxy setting. I don't care. I'm perfeticly happy with windows the way it is.How can I stop the updates and schedulling of any future...
  3. Windows Mobile 10 - unwanted and unnecessary updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Mobile 10 - unwanted and unnecessary updates: If Microsoft no longer supports Windows Mobile 10, at the least it should not sabotage it. Why do we receive "updates" to the phone, forcing a reboot? The last one broke the HDR function of the camera. Basically it won't save Rich format files anymore, or pictures in burst...
  4. unwanted updates to microsoft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    unwanted updates to microsoft: I called Microsoft on 7/31/2020 because my computer is constantly subject to unwanted updates whenever it is one. I asked that Microsoft stop sending me mysterious and unwanted updates--some of which are effecting how my computer operates and adding unnecessary programs to my...
  5. unwanted update

unwanted update: I am continually getting an Android update dated 2016. It has downloaded and installed most days since Feb 2020....At least 100 times. How do I get rid of this pest? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-update/7b144f5f-37fb-4e52-9145-53bf98255b4a
  6. Unwanted updates for Win 10

Unwanted updates for Win 10: For the last several days my system has mysteriously updated windows suddenly.. no warning.. and hundreds of files are missing. I need to block this. I have had to reconstruct critical documents four times. Can anyone advise?...
  7. Unwanted Kaspersky updates being let in by Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted Kaspersky updates being let in by Windows 10: Getting unwanted update notices from Kaspersky. Have uninstalled Kaspersky 3 yrs ago. Recently Geed Squad took off all traces of Kaspersky but I'm still getting the annoying update notices. Has to be Windows 10 letting them in. I want to get these stopped....
  8. Unwanted, enforced windows updates.

Unwanted, enforced windows updates.: I am so raging angry at unwanted enforced windows updates. No matter how many times I turn them off on my spare laptop, which I use *only* to monitor my IP cameras, if I have to turn off the laptop or get a power cut, as soon as it restarts, the update starts again. The issue...
  9. Unneeded or Unwanted windows update

Unneeded or Unwanted windows update: I currently use windows 10 version 1809. I recently received an update for windows 10 version 1903. It of course does not download but is setting in security and updates advising me to retry or reinstall update. It will not install on my version no does it disappear. It just...
  10. Unwanted upgrade to Windows 10

Unwanted upgrade to Windows 10: This morning my wife came screaming into our breakfast area, saying Windows 10 was installing on her computer. She doesn't want it for reasons I don't fully understand. She says she's been getting "warnings" about upgrading to Win 10 and she ALWAYS clicks them off. Apparently...