Windows 10: Unwanted Apps Using Data

Discus and support Unwanted Apps Using Data in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to stop preinstalled Apps from using up my monthly Metered Data allowance? In Settings > Apps > Apps & Features there are several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pipmeister, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Unwanted Apps Using Data

Is there a way to stop preinstalled Apps from using up my monthly Metered Data allowance?

In Settings > Apps > Apps & Features there are several preinstalled Apps listed that I will never use. These Apps use an amount of my Data each month, and I believe that I am not able to uninstall them.

In the Screen Shot below, you will see an example of “Email accounts” using 11 MB of Data. I do not consciously use this App as my e-mails from my btinterent.com account are viewed via M.S. Outlook.

Unwanted Apps Using Data [​IMG]
    Data Usage 310518 sized
    by Philip Mock, on Flickr

This is what I have done so far regarding trying to stop “Email accounts” from using my Metered Data:

• In Network & Internet, I have “Set as metered connection” turned ON.

• I used PowerShell with the following command in an attempt to disable “Email accounts” from my computer;
    Get-AppxPackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.9029.21675.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe* | Remove-AppxPackage

Sadly, the App is still listed in Data Usage, and consumes some of my monthly Metered Data.

There are other Apps listed in the screen shot that I do not consciously use, which I would also like to block from using my Metered Data such as Cortana & Microsoft Edge - if it is at all possible to disable them.

Pip.

:)

pipmeister, Jun 9, 2018

2. Deleting unwanted apps

Update to windows 10 went a dream (a long one!) but I can't uninstall unwanted apps - they don't appear in the list when going to uninstall programs via the control panel. Are apps different from programs? Some programs I have installed appear in the
    'all apps' list.

Roger Old Codger, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Asphalt 8 Airborne cloud data not sync in Windows 10 PC App

Hi Thimira,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What do you mean by “it was not synced with cloud data. Every time it does not connected”?

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you reset the Windows Sockets and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER:
    netsh winsock reset

If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you reset the Windows firewall and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER:
    netsh firewall reset

If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 3:

I suggest you to disable proxy and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
    • Uncheck mark the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.
    Hope this information is helpful. Reply with necessary information and we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Unwanted Apps Using Data

1. Unwanted Apps Using Data - Similar Threads - Unwanted Apps Using

2. potentially unwanted app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  3. potential unwanted apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  4. Unwanted apps !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted apps !: Good morning,after getting two replies about "unwanted apps" yesterday thankyouthe question is how do I install something I consider safe ? Will I have to turn off the protection while I download it and then add it to exclusions ? I tried to download it as a file this morning...
  5. Unwanted apps !

Unwanted apps !: Good morning,after getting two replies about "unwanted apps" yesterday thankyouthe question is how do I install something I consider safe ? Will I have to turn off the protection while I download it and then add it to exclusions ? I tried to download it as a file this morning...
  6. Unwanted apps !

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Unwanted apps !

Unwanted apps !: After posting a question regarding unwanted apps, a few minutes ago I found this ! I guess it answers my question ! I am still unsure whether to turn this off or not ? I have used the Viddly downloader for a long time now so unsure what to do !BrianFound this !"Starting in...
  8. Unwanted apps !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted apps !: After posting a question regarding unwanted apps, a few minutes ago I found this ! I guess it answers my question ! I am still unsure whether to turn this off or not ? I have used the Viddly downloader for a long time now so unsure what to do !BrianFound this !"Starting in...
  9. Unwanted Apps

Unwanted Apps: I have about 40 apps that automatically downloaded from the MS Store according to the Store without any request or action from me sometime after I installed Win 10. Many of these appear in the Start menu’s scrolling list of shortcuts, making it difficult to find what I’m...
  10. Unwanted data from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unwanted data from OneDrive: I just noticed data that is not mine Users\Owner\OneDrive on my PC. I did not even know what OneDrive was until this occurred, and now all I know about it is what I read briefly on the internet. The data contains personal files e.g., photos as well as sensitive data. I have...