Windows 10: Unwanted folders in control panel

Discus and support Unwanted folders in control panel in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, After upgrading to Win 10 I noticed three old folders that are unusable, which are circled in the below picture how can I get ride of them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fadi, Sep 7, 2015.

1. fadi Win User

Unwanted folders in control panel

Hello,

After upgrading to Win 10 I noticed three old folders that are unusable, which are circled in the below picture
    how can I get ride of them?

Unwanted folders in control panel [​IMG]

:)

fadi, Sep 7, 2015
  2. FredGH Win User

Control Panel Uninstall will not show folders in C:\ProgramData

Hi,

I was trying to use Program Uninstall in Control Panel to get rid of PC Cleaner Pro that is in C:\ProgramData . It wasn't in the list of Programs. It appears that the only programs in the list are in C:\Program Files. Is there any safe way to get Control
    Panel to access and remove programs in C:\ProgramData? I have Windows 10 Home Version 1607.

THANKS!!!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

FredGH, Sep 7, 2015
  3. GTS-NJ Win User
    Control Panel Uninstall will not show folders in C:\ProgramData

You're welcome. Please mark as answered to close the thread.

GTS-NJ, Sep 7, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32 folder and search for *.cpl then delete the unwanted items.

topgundcp, Sep 7, 2015
  5. fadi Win User
    The three folders cpl files are not available

fadi, Sep 7, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Please open the Admin command prompt and run:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

topgundcp, Sep 7, 2015
  7. bro67 Win User
    Those should not be folders, they should be the shortcuts. Sounds like something happened during the upgrade. If you are coming from 7 to 10, this is an odd one that no one has posted it happening to them. Were the shortcuts originally there in Windows 7?

Also was the machine infection clean and all updates installed?

bro67, Sep 7, 2015
  8. fadi Win User

the operation completed successfully

fadi, Sep 7, 2015
  9. fadi Win User
    yes it was clean before and after the upgrade

fadi, Sep 7, 2015
  10. topgundcp Win User
    If the 3 folders above were not listed as .cpl files. Chances they were created as namespaces. Run CCleaner to see if it can clean up those entries in the registry.

EDIT: If CCleaner cannot clean those entries. Open the registry and navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace
    Go thru the list to see if you can Identify them and delete.

topgundcp, Sep 7, 2015
  11. fadi Win User
    this what I get when I am trying to delete the registry key " Unable to delete all specified values"

Thema:

1. Unwanted folders in control panel - Similar Threads - Unwanted folders control

2. help with control panel turning into doc folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help with control panel turning into doc folder: when using the control panel and opening devices and printers, devices and printers will open but the control panel turns into the documents folder i just had this trouble and had wiped C: drive and did a new install of windows 11 yes it did fix it for 4 days now it is back...
  3. help with control panel turning into doc folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help with control panel turning into doc folder: when using the control panel and opening devices and printers, devices and printers will open but the control panel turns into the documents folder i just had this trouble and had wiped C: drive and did a new install of windows 11 yes it did fix it for 4 days now it is back...
  4. control panel

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    control panel: I am trying to uninstall facebook game room from my control panel but it will not uninstall so now I am confused and have no idea what I'm doing much less what to do next could someone please help me?...
  5. Control Panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel: I want to uninstall a program/application but control panel says that there is a program currently uninstalling or being changed but I don't see the program and I do not believe I chose one to change in the first place. [ATTACH]...
  6. Notifications Panel & controlled folder access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notifications Panel & controlled folder access: I understand the value in getting NOTIFICATIONS in Windows 10 on the right side panel, including the Controlled Folder Access notifications from Windows Defender. However, there seems to be quite a number of CFA notifications (a good thing) but I wish that there was a way to...
  7. Removing empty folders from the control panel ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing empty folders from the control panel ...: Does anyone know how to remove empty folders (and not app icons) from the control panel pane? Hiding them would also be an acceptable solution! Big thanks to whoever can lend a hand... 93922
  8. Can't open folders and control panel.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open folders and control panel.: I can't open folders, or right click them... when i try to do it the screen goes blank for a few seconds then all my icons refresh and nothing else happens. I tried to change the size of my "text, apps and other items" to 125% and 100% ( i had 100% when this started to...
  9. Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel: Hi Where did the Control panel option do? I had an update today and I use to be able to right click the start menu to get to the control panel and I just went to access the CP to turn something off and the CP option is missing from the right click menu on the start button....
  10. Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel: I 'upgraded' to Windows 10 yesterday and initially found the control panel but can no longer find it. I very badly want to change my wallpaper and screen saver. Where is it? 26489