Windows 10: Unwanted Music

Discus and support Unwanted Music in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Like many other users, unwanted music starts playing when I open a news window in Yahoo. I'm sure you have been advised/asked about this "virus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 9ninemil, Jul 20, 2018.

1. 9ninemil Win User

Unwanted Music

Like many other users, unwanted music starts playing when I open a news window in Yahoo. I'm sure you have been advised/asked about this "virus attack" many times. Do you have a solution? Thanks.

9M

:)

9ninemil, Jul 20, 2018

2. how to disable MUSIC search

Hi WebbyLigth0. I launched processexplorer from Sysinternals and it listed MUSIC taking about 18-20 percents CPU. I tried paulsalter's suggestion and I shall see whether there will be any effect. Thx for reply

Roman Krejci, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Music

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

I would suggest you to place the music files in the Music folder under My Documents in the same drive where the Operating System is installed for the Music App to start syncing.

However if the issue still persist, I would suggest you follow the below steps to restore the default Libraries in Windows and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1 : Show the Libraries

• Go to This PC ( Computer )
    • Click on View
    • Click on Navigation Pane
    • Check “show all folders”
    • Check “Show Libraries”
    • Do not uncheck anything that is already checked
    Step 2 : Restore Default Libraries

• Now,
    • Locate your libraries in the left hand pane
    • Right Click
    • Click on Restore Default Libraries

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Unwanted Music

Groove Music Unable to Play Music

We'll try a different approach, we suggest that you reinstall Groove Music and see if it has the same issue. Follow the steps below on how to remove and reinstall Groove Music:

• Open Start menu, search for "PowerShell"
    • Right-click the PowerShell shortcut and select "Run as administrator". Agree to the UAC prompt.
    • Type/Copy paste Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Once that Groove Music has been uninstalled, launch Windows 10 Store.
    • Type/Search for Groove Music and install.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Unwanted Music

1. Unwanted Music - Similar Threads - Unwanted Music

2. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially unwanted app still lingering?: I had a potentially unwanted app appear on Windows Defender and removed it. A little while later whilst I'm clearing up some tasks that were enabled on startup I noticed one called utweb.exe Utweb and after searching it up it appears to be affiliated with the unwanted app....
  3. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Potentially unwanted app still lingering?: I had a potentially unwanted app appear on Windows Defender and removed it. A little while later whilst I'm clearing up some tasks that were enabled on startup I noticed one called utweb.exe Utweb and after searching it up it appears to be affiliated with the unwanted app....
  4. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  6. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  7. Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows: Hi I am getting an account requesting a email and password etc... when I start windows. This account is in my name it is not the admin account and it is not listed under settings other users or the control panel. In the email address in the windows login prompt it has the...
  8. Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows

Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows: Hi I am getting an account requesting a email and password etc... when I start windows. This account is in my name it is not the admin account and it is not listed under settings other users or the control panel. In the email address in the windows login prompt it has the...
  9. additional unwanted keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    additional unwanted keyboard layouts: i have keyboard layouts, that i've never added to my system. To get rid of them i've changed my system language to german, deleted all other languages in setting except german, but still there're two english layouts left en-US & en-UK. how can i delete them? i don't need to...
  10. How can I remove Groove Music and other unwanted apps which MS considers "Default" apps?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I remove Groove Music and other unwanted apps which MS considers "Default" apps?: How can I remove Groove Music and other unwanted apps which MS considers "Default" apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-groove-music-and-other-unwanted/9c48e8e9-5de3-42c4-a9f4-c6ec3e261df8