Windows 10: Unwanted "My Computer" icon in Notification Area on Startup

Discus and support Unwanted "My Computer" icon in Notification Area on Startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Every time I start up my computer, the attached icon appears in the notification tray. If I click on it, it opens up My Computer and the icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bill Hunt, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Bill Hunt Win User

Unwanted "My Computer" icon in Notification Area on Startup

Hi,
    Every time I start up my computer, the attached icon appears in the notification tray. If I click on it, it opens up My Computer and the icon disappears. If I don't click on it, then my taskbar will not auto-hide as I want it to. The icon does not appear in the hidden notification icons or n the 'startup' tab of Task Manager, so I can't remove it. Does anyone know how to permenently remove it so it doesn't appear on startup? Thanks for any help you can give.

:)

Bill Hunt, Jan 23, 2016

2. Intel RST Service & Windows10

My task bar notification area "Hidden Icons" show that the Intel RST service is not working, but my "services.msc" area shows that it is started. They are not in sync.

Inspector-ken, Jan 23, 2016
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Jan 23, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Need picture posted, not some document.

bro67, Jan 24, 2016
  5. AndreyT Win User
    The icon in your doc file looks like a "Could not reconnect all network drives" notification. Looks like you created one or more permanent network drive mappings, which Windows is not able to reconnect at startup anymore.

Unwanted "My Computer" icon in Notification Area on Startup [​IMG]

Do you need this network drive mapping? If not, then just delete the mapping.

AndreyT, Jan 24, 2016
  6. Bill Hunt Win User
    Thanks, AudreyT, the network drives were the SD Card and USB port on my Epson printer. Must have been set up by the printer setup program. All fixed now. Many thanks, again.

Bill Hunt, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unwanted "My Computer" icon in Notification Area on Startup - Similar Threads - Unwanted Computer icon

2. Icons in Taskbar Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons in Taskbar Notification Area: I keep having to re-enable my preferred apps in the "Select which icons appear on Taskbar notification area". Is there a fix for this? 183716
  3. Unwanted icons in the notification area

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted icons in the notification area: Some programs insist on putting their icon in the notification tray, and then the company uses that "feature" for advertising in relentless pop up notifications. This is not an appropriate use of the notification tray, nor should have Microsoft allowed such program behavior...
  4. MWBAM icon does not appear in Notification Area on my PC at startup...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MWBAM icon does not appear in Notification Area on my PC at startup...: ...at least, it hardly ever does. It made its first appearance for many months yesterday, but after the next reboot it disappeared again into the ether. I wondered if it were possible to fix it to appear every time? It's an old MWBAM version, which i've used for years and...
  5. notification area sound icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    notification area sound icon: Windows 10 on Bootcamp - Notification area sound icon does not control sound, any ideas please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area-sound-icon/4cf1a029-4624-41fc-88d5-8f22ea492241
  6. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  7. Startup and Notification area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup and Notification area: Hello: I have an old app, WinDates, that is superior to any calendar I know of, and I want to keep using it (no longer supported). It worked in Win 7. It also works in Win 10, but I cannot get it to start up when the computer starts up. WinDates is correctly linked as is...
  8. Notification Area Icons location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Area Icons location: Could not find "Notification Area Icons" in "All Control Panel Items" for Windows 10, but I could find it under Settings-System-Notifications. Is that normal for Windows 10? How can I add it in the "All Control Panel Items"? Thanks 42364
  9. Customize the Notification Area Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize the Notification Area Icons: Hi ! In Windows 7 there was a pannel to customize which icons you want to show or hide in the Notification Area. Like this : [img] Does this pannel got deleted in Windows 10 ? If yes, is there a solution to hide/show icons from the notification area ? The options...
  10. Notification area icon problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area icon problems: Hey guys, A few days ago I started getting a pop up error message when I log in to windows. [img] Aside from this error, which from what I understand says that it is having trouble loading the icon in the notification area, I also noticed that the icons for some...