Windows 10: unwanted transfer of desktop from old computer to new one

Discus and support unwanted transfer of desktop from old computer to new one in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; purchased new computer unpacked it and began setup I entered Microsoft password I used with old computer and all the icons and wallpaper from old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 7654321ZB, Aug 12, 2018.

1. 7654321ZB Win User

unwanted transfer of desktop from old computer to new one

purchased new computer unpacked it and began setup I entered Microsoft password I used with old computer and all the icons and wallpaper from old computer transferred to new one. How did this happen and how do I undo it?

* Moved from IE other/Windows other

* OS assumed to be Windows 10

:)

7654321ZB, Aug 12, 2018

2. How to transfer contact list, old mail, etc from my old computer to the new computer?

Original title: Laura

I just got a new computer with Windows 10 and successfully set up Windows Live Mail (as that is the mail program I like best). How can I transfer contact list, old mail, etc from my old computer to the new computer.

LauraFincher, Aug 12, 2018
  3. New computer - transfer old key

Hi,

The Windows 10 Pro upgrade would be tied to the old computer and is not transferable. I believe it will be necessary to purchase Windows 10 Pro.

Try the following steps:

To upgrade, select the Start button, then select Settings >
    Update & security > Activation.

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.
    • If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, but Windows 10 Home isn't activated on your device, select
      Troubleshoot, and then follow the steps to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    • If you don't have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Pro is available for purchase from the Store.
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Smittychat., Aug 12, 2018
  4. unwanted transfer of desktop from old computer to new one

Transfering from old computer to new

Recently got a new computer, and limited on outlets. I want to transfer everything from the old to the new, including settings and bookmarks/favorites if possible. No transfer cable. Windows 10. Anyone know an easy way?

ChristineB2, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

unwanted transfer of desktop from old computer to new one

1. unwanted transfer of desktop from old computer to new one - Similar Threads - unwanted transfer desktop

2. Transferring license key from an old computer to the new one.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring license key from an old computer to the new one.: I have an old HP laptop which I upgraded from Win 7 to Windows 10 and wonder if I can transfer the license key from that laptop before recycling it, to my desktop PC I run with a digital license....
  3. Transferring Microsoft from an old computer to a new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Microsoft from an old computer to a new one: Hi, I was hoping someone could help with moving my copy from Windows 10 to a new computer I'm looking to get a new build a new computer for University which I've not done before and noticed that I need a copy of Windows to operate properly, I don't want to buy another copy...
  4. How do I transfer Minecraft from an old computer to a new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer Minecraft from an old computer to a new one: I got minecraft for my son a couple of years ago, but he has now changed to a new computer. How do I get minecraft for his new computer? I did go to the downloader but it is asking me to purchase it, I have tried signing in with both his and my microsoft account, and nothing...
  5. transfer data from old computer to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer data from old computer to new computer: How do I transfer my data from my usb to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-from-old-computer-to-new-computer/3f750332-54ba-4c01-a19b-dc8104de7a6c
  6. Transfering from old computer to new.

Transfering from old computer to new.: We are trying to transfer all the address book/contacts from an older computer with Outlook to a new one. The new Outlook won't transfer the addresses or phone numbers just the names. How can we get around that? We are using an external drive to make transfers....
  7. File transfer from old to new computer

File transfer from old to new computer: How do you easily transfer files from an old computer to new computer in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-from-old-to-new-computer/d2deafdb-e993-4441-b34c-612ae5d2e329
  8. Transfer Files from old to new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer Files from old to new computer: How can I transfer files from my external hard drive to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files-from-old-to-new-computer/d3888df2-0288-4252-89c8-13c74ec0d862"
  9. Transfer of files/data from old computer to new one

Transfer of files/data from old computer to new one: I have a Dell 'all in one' desk top Inspiron One 2330 (Windows 10) which is failing and not worth repairing. I have purchased another Dell 'all in one' desktop model 3475 also Windows 10. My question is how can I transfer all files and data from the old computer to the new...
  10. transfer files from old computer to new

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer files from old computer to new: transfer files from old computer to new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/f49e2618-aa29-457b-b562-ff7d6117fbaa"