Windows 10: Unwelcome reboot

Discus and support Unwelcome reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Microsoft updated my OS in the middle of the day, while my back was turned getting supper. I lost a days work on Excel 2007 when, unwelcomed, they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stanleyclauss, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Unwelcome reboot

Microsoft updated my OS in the middle of the day, while my back was turned getting supper. I lost a days work on Excel 2007 when, unwelcomed, they rebooted my system. Is there a way to prevent this?

:)

stanleyclauss, Aug 15, 2018
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Aug 15, 2018
  4. 4747 Win User

Unwelcome reboot

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Boot problems

Hi everyone.

I've got some problems during instalation. I disabled UAC, passed the first install step, rebooted and completed install. But after consequent reboot Windows detects 'ntoskrnl' or something is corrupted.

Everything was fine on 'old' windows, but after I made a clean windows installation, everything goes this way.

Any suggestions?

Thema:

Unwelcome reboot

1. Unwelcome reboot - Similar Threads - Unwelcome reboot

2. Unwelcomed Updates & Deleted Files Mess

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwelcomed Updates & Deleted Files Mess: I went to breakfast and came back to updates completing on my laptop. Now a login I used over a year ago is back. The laptop says I have a security risk and there are 12 updates pending install or downloading and the laptop is extremely slow. All of my files and apps are gone...
  3. Unwelcomed Updates & Deleted Files Mess

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unwelcomed Updates & Deleted Files Mess: I went to breakfast and came back to updates completing on my laptop. Now a login I used over a year ago is back. The laptop says I have a security risk and there are 12 updates pending install or downloading and the laptop is extremely slow. All of my files and apps are gone...
  4. Unwelcomed Updates & Deleted Files Mess

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unwelcome Spyware on HP Notebook.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwelcome Spyware on HP Notebook.: Windows 11 Home\HP Notebook-SSD-4GB RAM\120 GB SYSTEM.CPU\RAM\GPU are over 100% at all times.B.S.O.D. from 3-22 until 6-22 when I did a Boot off Android using a Samsung A01 Smartphone as Boot File carrier from HP support. First PC and I think I know who is in my PC. I need to...
  6. Unwelcome remote access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwelcome remote access: So I’ve suspected for some time that somebody was visiting my system without my knowledge or permission and now I know I’m right. At the moment, I’m having malware issues, but that’s another story for somewhere else. I currently have my computer disconnected from the internet...
  7. Unwelcome remote access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwelcome remote access: So I’ve suspected for some time that somebody was visiting my system without my knowledge or permission and now I know I’m right. At the moment, I’m having malware issues, but that’s another story for somewhere else. I currently have my computer disconnected from the internet...
  8. Unwelcome remote access

9. Windows Hello Pin Unwelcome Prompts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Pin Unwelcome Prompts: Hey.I use my MS account password to log into my desktop computer operating Windows 10. Despite this, and for over a year now, Windows Hello is pestering me whenever I launch to know if I want to set up a pin. I have to skip 2 screens that I never asked to appear in the first...
  10. Unwelcome program !

Unwelcome program !: After updating a program a few days ago I didn't realise that it also added Spyhunter 5 ! I quickly uninstalled it and checked registry for any fragments etc. Although it seems to have been removed it still shows on the "Select what item to show in the taskbar list" under...