Windows 10: 'Up' button in Windows Explorer

Discus and support 'Up' button in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I really hated the lack of an 'up' button in Windows 7. So I was happy when it was reintroduced in Windows 8. Can someone tell me if it's still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by markweatherill, Oct 2, 2014.

1. 'Up' button in Windows Explorer

I really hated the lack of an 'up' button in Windows 7.
    So I was happy when it was reintroduced in Windows 8.

Can someone tell me if it's still there in Windows 10 please?

:)

markweatherill, Oct 2, 2014

2. Windows 10 start button not working

A treatment for the symptom would be to restart Windows Explorer every time this happens. This may allow you to use the Windows button until the next time that it freezes up.

-open task manager (alt-ctrl-del or right click on taskbar and choose it)

-find and select "Windows Explorer"

-click Restart button on bottom right

Azzgunther, Oct 2, 2014
  3. After I push the start button where is the computer button in pop up menu

I'll take a wild guess that you are thinking of W7 with its My Computer button in its Start menu and then opening Windows Explorer at that point (if not in another menu itself). In W10 that's gone. You need to know that File Explorer (Windows Explorer's
    new name) can be started either from the Start Menu, the Taskbar (e.g. if pinned there) or by pressing Win-E (same as ever).

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Oct 2, 2014
  4. 'Up' button in Windows Explorer

Thanks! That is a relief.

markweatherill, Oct 2, 2014
  5. Koub777 Win User
    By the way I have never used it.

'Up' button in Windows Explorer [​IMG]

Koub777, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

'Up' button in Windows Explorer

1. 'Up' button in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - 'Up' button Explorer

2. Windows 11 File Explorer Buttons Bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer Buttons Bug?: Is this a bug? If the file explorer is small or if I maximize it and add enough tabs to fill the space then the tabs start buggin out. I cant exit the last tab or add more tabs with the plus button. The minimize button overtakes the space and it minimizes the folder instead...
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer Buttons Bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer Buttons Bug?: Is this a bug? If the file explorer is small or if I maximize it and add enough tabs to fill the space then the tabs start buggin out. I cant exit the last tab or add more tabs with the plus button. The minimize button overtakes the space and it minimizes the folder instead...
  4. Windows 11, Explorer, why is there no REFRESH button ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Explorer, why is there no REFRESH button ?: Right click, refresh ? Should i trust it, it did it on it's own? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-explorer-why-is-there-no-refresh-button/887d0890-c0e7-4d14-939a-45653aeadcfc
  5. Windows 11, Explorer, why is there no REFRESH button ?

Windows 11, Explorer, why is there no REFRESH button ?: Right click, refresh ? Should i trust it, it did it on it's own? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-explorer-why-is-there-no-refresh-button/887d0890-c0e7-4d14-939a-45653aeadcfc
  6. Delete button in explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete button in explorer: Hi. I clicked the delete button with the trash icon on the network icon in Explorer on the left side of it. Then I did the same on the "This PC" icon. I didn't notice any effect, but now I'm worried that something could have happened. Pressing these buttons on such system...
  7. Delete button in explorer

Delete button in explorer: Hi. I clicked the delete button with the trash icon on the network icon in Explorer on the left side of it. Then I did the same on the "This PC" icon. I didn't notice any effect, but now I'm worried that something could have happened. Pressing these buttons on such system...
  8. File explorer - Search button

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer - Search button: In file explorer i cannot use the search button when I press the left side of my mouse it freezes the whole program. I have got it too work sometimes but not always. I think it may have something to do with Windows Update. I've tried everything to fix it. Can someone...
  9. Buttons not showing up on taskbar and icons not populating in explorer

Buttons not showing up on taskbar and icons not populating in explorer: Hello, I've got a problem with my task bar. I have programs pinned to it and others open but only explorer and chrome are showing up. All other programs are just blank spaces, whether they are just open or also pinned to the bar. Also, in Explorer I'm having an issue...
  10. Change "Up" button on file explorer

Change "Up" button on file explorer: [img] 57063

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer disable up button