Windows 10: Up-Down and Left-Right Arrows Only move one space at a time

Discus and support Up-Down and Left-Right Arrows Only move one space at a time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Up-Down and Left-Right Arrows Only move cursor one space at a time. Takes forever to move the cursor anywhere. With text function there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NOPD, Mar 18, 2018.

1. NOPD Win User

Up-Down and Left-Right Arrows Only move one space at a time

Up-Down and Left-Right Arrows Only move cursor one space at a time. Takes forever to move the cursor anywhere.

With text function there is no repeat
    EXAMPLE Typical... I had to push the right arrow key 7 times for the word EXAMPLE
    Tried windows troubleshooting and got nothing useful
    Thanks for any suggestions

:)

2. Up down left right arrows

Thanks for the reply but it didn't work. I appreciate you trying Up-Down and  Left-Right Arrows Only move one space at a time :)

Lauraeaton1977, Mar 18, 2018
  3. Up down left right arrows

Hi Laura,.

I suggest you to check if the following steps helps to resolve the issue.

• Right click on the Windows key and Go to control panel.
    • On the upper right corner change the view by to small icon.
    • Click on mouse.
    • Then click on ‘wheel’ tab.
    • Set the values for horizontal and vertical scrolling.

and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Mar 18, 2018
  4. Up-Down and Left-Right Arrows Only move one space at a time

Does your space bar work properly?

Josey Wales, Mar 18, 2018
  5. NOPD Win User
    Space Bar also works one space at a time No repeat

6. Maybe your keyboard drivers are messed up?

Josey Wales, Mar 18, 2018
  7. NOPD Win User
    How do I find that info

8. Up-Down and Left-Right Arrows Only move one space at a time

With some software (text editors, Word, File Explorer) you can use "Ctrl + Left Arrow" or "Ctrl + Right Arrow" to move to the start of the next word.

You can also include the Shift key to select text (e.g. "Ctrl + Shift + Left Arrow" or "Ctrl + Shift +Right Arrow").

It works in the text input boxes here too. *Smile

lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Up-Down and Left-Right Arrows Only move one space at a time

1. Up-Down and Left-Right Arrows Only move one space at a time - Similar Threads - Down Left Right

2. Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine: Hi,Recently I noticed in Windows 11 that the Windows Key Left/Right Arrow keys are not moving the active window left or right like they used to. Windows Key Up/Down Arrows work as they should.== Doesn't work ==Windows Key Left - move active window left, to left most...
  3. Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine: Hi,Recently I noticed in Windows 11 that the Windows Key Left/Right Arrow keys are not moving the active window left or right like they used to. Windows Key Up/Down Arrows work as they should.== Doesn't work ==Windows Key Left - move active window left, to left most...
  4. Left and Right arrow keys auto move by itself issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left and Right arrow keys auto move by itself issue: hello all Tech Professors, my pc's both arrow keys auto move by itself on such as web browse, word and excel app etc. i don't know how to solve this issue. pls advice me the way to solve this issue. pls help me all sir...
  5. Left and Right arrow keys auto move by itself issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left and Right arrow keys auto move by itself issue: hello all Tech Professors, my pc's both arrow keys auto move by itself on such as web browse, word and excel app etc. i don't know how to solve this issue. pls advice me the way to solve this issue. pls help me all sir...
  6. Left and Right arrow keys auto move by itself issue

7. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  8. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  9. shift key and left right down arrows arent working

shift key and left right down arrows arent working: a few days ago most of my arrow keys on my windows 10 started not work for anything I tried waiting and other things but nothing worked could anyone help (I couldn't find anything for keyboard on topics so I picked something random)...
  10. shift key and left right down arrows arent working

shift key and left right down arrows arent working: a few days ago most of my arrow keys on my windows 10 started not work for anything I tried waiting and other things but nothing worked could anyone help (I couldn't find anything for keyboard on topics so I picked something random)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. linux arrow keys only move one space