Windows 10: Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22]

Discus and support Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22] in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The insider program is fun if you want to play with buggy OS's.. for me I just want a nice stable OS that I can use for daily computing. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by DavidY, Jun 21, 2015.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22]

The insider program is fun if you want to play with buggy OS's.. for me I just want a nice stable OS that I can use for daily computing.

BunnyJ, Jun 22, 2015
  2. Boozad Win User

I'm glad you posted that, when I boot into W10 it doesn't see my W7 driver at all. I wondered if it was something to do with 10 but it appears it's something to do with the way I installed it. *Confused

Boozad, Jun 22, 2015
  3. Boozad Win User
    I already have a stable OS in 7, 10 IP was to play with and test. I need to decide whether I want to carry on testing or just use the full 10.

Boozad, Jun 22, 2015
  4. Wynona Win User

You are absolutely full of it, Gary! Are we all getting a little spaced out by "Now you get it, now you don't?"

Wynona, Jun 22, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I think that hoping to get an upgrade from the preview to the final was a bit much. For me,. I'm just pleased that I can get an upgrade from Win8.1 to Win10 final for free.

I plan on staying on track and go from WIn8.1 to Win10 like I planned from the start.

BunnyJ, Jun 22, 2015
  6. jadinolf Win User
    I need to read carefully.

Thanks

jadinolf, Jun 22, 2015
  7. Wynona Win User
    Boozad, this dual boot system is on one physical hard drive with two partitions. Some folks use two hard drives, but this stupid HP doesn't have anywhere to add a second hard drive.

Wynona, Jun 22, 2015
  8. dencal Win User

Do note Wyn that the instruction was the method to "load" in order to maintain authenticity.

dencal, Jun 22, 2015
  9. Wynona Win User
    That one flew right over my head.

Wynona, Jun 22, 2015
  10. Boozad Win User
    Good point, I'm using two SSDs, one for 7 and one for 10. I suppose 7 sees the 10 drive as it was installed and initialised in 7. Makes sense.

Boozad, Jun 22, 2015
  11. kenC Win User
    I've been running W10 in VMWare on W7 since last Oct. It's been fun testing and playing with but there's no way I'd give up W7 for it.
    So, I plan to carry on the same way getting the upgrades, etc. If in the next 12 months I think W10 is at least as good as W7 then I'll upgrade - if not then I'm happy to stay with W7.

12. jadinolf Win User
    I feel pretty much the same.

I may BUY Win 10 and run 7 and 10 on the same computer.

I may change my mind but I doubt it.

jadinolf, Jun 22, 2015
  13. Looey Win User

If I opt to drop out of the test program for Windows 10 and get the free ISO by giving up a Windows 7 or 8.1 license will a new key come with it and is it specific to the hardware or can I install 10 on another computer and be able to activate it? Is 10 going to be like OEM keys that are stuck to one computer or can it be moved around?

Looey, Jun 22, 2015
  14. Geneo Win User
    That is a good question. I expect hope they get rid of that archaic system while they are making these other big licensing changes.

Geneo, Jun 22, 2015
  15. Thomas Win User
    Andre Da Costa replied on June 22, 2015See post history
    MVP
    Community Moderator ,

When I upgrade a preinstalled (OEM) or retail version of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 license to Windows 10, does that license remain OEM or become a retail license?
    If you upgrade from a OEM or retail version of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 to the free Windows 10 upgrade this summer, the license is consumed into it. Because the free upgrade is derived from the base qualifying license, Windows 10 will carry that licensing too.
    If you upgrade from a retail version, it carries the rights of a retail version.
    If you upgrade from a OEM version, it carries the rights of a OEM version.
    Full version (Retail):
    - Includes transfer rights to another computer.
    - Doesn't require a previous qualifying version of Windows.
    - Expensive
    Upgrade version (Retail):
    - Includes transfer rights to another computer.
    - require a previous qualifying version of Windows.
    - Expensive, but cheaper than full version
    OEM :

- OEM versions of Windows are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:
    - OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel
    - OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on
    - OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard
    - OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system
    What happens if I change my motherboard?
    As it pertains to the OEM licenses this will invalidate the Windows 10 upgrade license because it will no longer have a previous base qualifying license which is required for the free upgrade. You will then have to purchase a full retail Windows 10 license. If the base qualifying license (Windows 7 or Windows 8.1) was a full retail version, then yes, you can transfer it.

From the end user license agreement:
    15. UPGRADES. To use upgrade software, you must first be licensed for the software that is eligible for the upgrade. Upon upgrade, this agreement takes the place of the agreement for the software you upgraded from. After you upgrade, you may no longer use the software you upgraded from.
    17. TRANSFER TO ANOTHER COMPUTER. a. Software Other than Windows Anytime Upgrade. You may transfer the software and install it on another computer for your use. That computer becomes the licensed computer. You may not do so to share this license between computers.

Thomas, Jun 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22] - Similar Threads - Upcoming changes Insider

2. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20175.1000 (rs_prerelease) - July 22

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20175.1000 (rs_prerelease) - July 22: Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20175 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel. Windows Insiders with PCs that have AMD processors will be able to receive this build. IMPORTANT NOTE: Insider Preview Builds 20161 and...
  3. Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19624.1000 - May 6

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19624.1000 - May 6: Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19624 to Fast ring. You can check out our Windows Insider Program documentation here, including a list of all the new features and updates released in builds so far. Not seeing any of...
  4. KB4558244 for Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 19041.208 April 22

in Windows 10 News
    KB4558244 for Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 19041.208 April 22: Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing 20H1 Build 19041.208 (KB4558244) to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. This Cumulative Update includes the same fixes from Build 19041.207 plus this additional fix: We fixed an issue that fails to send NPLogonNotify...
  5. Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19613.1000 - April 22

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19613.1000 - April 22: Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19613.1000 to Fast ring. You can check out our Windows Insider Program documentation here, including a list of all the new features and updates released in builds so far. Not seeing...
  6. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 19008 (20H1) - Oct. 22 Insider

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 19008 (20H1) - Oct. 22 Insider: Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19008 (20H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. IMPORTANT: As is normal with pre-release builds, these builds may contain bugs that might be painful for some. If you take this flight, you won’t...
  7. Windows Insider 10 Preview Build

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Insider 10 Preview Build: Is anyone else had problems installing Norton Symantec Anti-Virus software while using the preview build. Thank you! M. Skaggs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-10-preview-build/f1346ee3-de1f-4d61-9b01-4c6d9d2e1ce5"
  8. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18343 (19H1) - Feb. 22

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18343 (19H1) - Feb. 22: Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18343 (19H1) to Fast ring. If you are looking for a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring – head on over to Flight Hub. You can also check out the rest of our documentation here...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 17115 - Mar. 6

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 17115 - Mar. 6: UPDATE 3/16: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 17120 - Mar. 13 Insider - Windows 10 Forums Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 3/9: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17115 (RS4) to...
  10. Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds

in Windows 10 News
    Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds: Hi everyone, we’re hard at work on the next builds that we’ll send out to you for PC and Mobile. I don’t have an update on timing for that quite yet, but I do have some important changes to tell you about that are coming with the next PC build as we get ready for July 29th....