Windows 10: Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22]

Discus and support Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22] in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I don't have any Win10 version loaded at the mo, tho' I did trial a couple of the previews.. due to some hardware inconsistencies, I rolled back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by DavidY, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22]

I don't have any Win10 version loaded at the mo, tho' I did trial a couple of the previews..
    due to some hardware inconsistencies, I rolled back to Win7
    - in the meantime I've been messing about with AMD gfx BETA drivers in 64-bit Win7..
    ..looks like there's some interesting new gfx hardware arriving from AMD, btw..

I kept my Insider Membership, so I assume that the transfer to Win10 will go smoothly on the day
    I'd like to help out with the Insider Program as well, as long as the initial update goes as intended..

- guess it's fingers crossed.. *Wink

BugMeister, Jun 22, 2015
  2. groze Win User

I don't blame Gabe at all. I think he wanted everyone to have a free windows 10. I really think Microsoft is not treating the insiders correctly. I really think the insiders should of gotten a free version of windows 10 even if they left the program on July 29th. I already removed 10 and quit the insider program totally. Deleted everything from one drive. Deleted my image backup. If I had an extra or spare windows 7 or 8.1 I would upgrade to 10 but unlike most people I don't.

I wonder if there will be enough insiders left to test windows 10 for the pro and home users.

groze, Jun 22, 2015
  3. Wynona Win User
    Oh, yeah, out of several million Insiders, I'm pretty sure there'll be at least a few hundred thousand left to test. *Smile

Wynona, Jun 22, 2015
  4. bromanbro Win User

Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22]

I'm sure they don't want a masse exodus from the program *Smile. I'm sure all these Insiders are helping find lots of stuff, even the rarities.

bromanbro, Jun 22, 2015
  5. groze Win User
    bromanbro
    I think once the news gets around, I think that could happen. They already lost me. I am not the only one they lost. This one person is putting Vista back on his/her machine.

Some of the press is not to happy either. I read some of the press comments not individual comment, wow is all I can say. Basically, they lost trust in Microsoft because of this. There is more to the story according to one commenter I read on another site but no link to confirm that story or I would link to it.

groze, Jun 22, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    Geez people. This is not a matter of Microsoft changing its mind, or Gabe wanting this or that....

It's simply a matter of miscommunication, and a thousand people second guessing what was said, and articles being written based on misunderstandings, and others assuming those articles were official statements.

Simply put, it's clear when you look back at the history of tweets that Gabe has been saying the same thing all along. But, given the 144 character limit of tweets, and the assumption that everyone understood certain things (which was a bad assumption to make). Someone would ask him a question, and he would answer in a very limited way. And people would run with the misunderstandings.

The problem is *context*. When someone would ask him if you need a new key, hey would say no because the *context* he was responding to was in the context of the insider program. He has never spoken much about the upgrade for non-insiders. So when people got the wrong idea its because they were applying his comments about insiders to the general public that was upgrading.

Gabe is not the spokesman for the general Free Windows 10 offer, he's only the spokesman for the Insider program, and all of his statements have to be viewed in that context.

Mystere, Jun 22, 2015
  7. groze Win User
    Mystere,

Did you miss the first blog post of Gabes?

I will repeat the story I read but it has no proof so I will leave both parties names out. This person is a computer tech according to his comment. He said someone from Microsoft told reporter in an interview that insider would get a valid & activated rtm on July 29 even if you leave the program it would remain activated and valid operating system.

Remember, I am not saying this, just what I read.

groze, Jun 22, 2015
  8. Mystere Win User

And you trust that this someone wasn't re-interpreting what they were told? That's the problem here.. Even Ed Bott got it wrong, and he's in very tight with Microsoft. He was just interpreting what was said, which again was ignoring the context.

Mystere, Jun 22, 2015
  9. Hal0freak Win User
    I have been using Windows 10 as my main OS since around the first week of the preview. I have had a very small amount of issues with it and love it quite a bit. Watching it evolve has been pretty fantastic. Personally i plan to stay signed up as an insider and continue to test Windows 10. I don't miss windows 7, And for sure not windows 8/8.1. It has even fixed my boot time issue i was having with 7/8. Just wanted to through my thoughts on it in the mix just cause.

Hal0freak, Jun 22, 2015
  10. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Ditto

11. bromanbro Win User
    great so it's "stay with us or lolformat to Windows 7, Windows Update for half a day, get upgrade, upgrade, format again for a clean Win10 install.

Uggh.

bromanbro, Jun 22, 2015
  12. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .Whatever is you pleasure. . .*Party

13. Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22]

on a related note, not sure if I have missed this in all the topics about upgrades etc

if you are running the final 10, how easy is it to join back to the insider program, is it a clean install or can you just opt in and then get all updates early

paulsalter, Jun 22, 2015
  14. bromanbro Win User
    It's not my pleasure *Sad

I wanna just punch in my 7 OEM key and convert *Sad

bromanbro, Jun 22, 2015
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    Well,,, I didn't think that MS would let us go from the preview to the final. IMO,, and it's just what I would do is to dual boot your primary OS with the preview. That way you can use your primary to move to Win10 final without having to reinstall everything.

BunnyJ, Jun 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22] - Similar Threads - Upcoming changes Insider

2. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20175.1000 (rs_prerelease) - July 22

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20175.1000 (rs_prerelease) - July 22: Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20175 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel. Windows Insiders with PCs that have AMD processors will be able to receive this build. IMPORTANT NOTE: Insider Preview Builds 20161 and...
  3. Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19624.1000 - May 6

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19624.1000 - May 6: Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19624 to Fast ring. You can check out our Windows Insider Program documentation here, including a list of all the new features and updates released in builds so far. Not seeing any of...
  4. KB4558244 for Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 19041.208 April 22

in Windows 10 News
    KB4558244 for Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 19041.208 April 22: Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing 20H1 Build 19041.208 (KB4558244) to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. This Cumulative Update includes the same fixes from Build 19041.207 plus this additional fix: We fixed an issue that fails to send NPLogonNotify...
  5. Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19613.1000 - April 22

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19613.1000 - April 22: Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19613.1000 to Fast ring. You can check out our Windows Insider Program documentation here, including a list of all the new features and updates released in builds so far. Not seeing...
  6. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 19008 (20H1) - Oct. 22 Insider

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 19008 (20H1) - Oct. 22 Insider: Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19008 (20H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. IMPORTANT: As is normal with pre-release builds, these builds may contain bugs that might be painful for some. If you take this flight, you won’t...
  7. Windows Insider 10 Preview Build

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Insider 10 Preview Build: Is anyone else had problems installing Norton Symantec Anti-Virus software while using the preview build. Thank you! M. Skaggs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-10-preview-build/f1346ee3-de1f-4d61-9b01-4c6d9d2e1ce5"
  8. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18343 (19H1) - Feb. 22

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18343 (19H1) - Feb. 22: Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18343 (19H1) to Fast ring. If you are looking for a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring – head on over to Flight Hub. You can also check out the rest of our documentation here...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 17115 - Mar. 6

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 17115 - Mar. 6: UPDATE 3/16: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 17120 - Mar. 13 Insider - Windows 10 Forums Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 3/9: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17115 (RS4) to...
  10. Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds

in Windows 10 News
    Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds: Hi everyone, we’re hard at work on the next builds that we’ll send out to you for PC and Mobile. I don’t have an update on timing for that quite yet, but I do have some important changes to tell you about that are coming with the next PC build as we get ready for July 29th....