Windows 10: Update 100% complete -- for 8 hours)

Discus and support Update 100% complete -- for 8 hours) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Installing a win 10 update into wife's alienware 17. Download ok. Install ok (though it takes a LONG time). Restart starts on orange screen telling us... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Smudgeboss, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Update 100% complete -- for 8 hours)

Installing a win 10 update into wife's alienware 17. Download ok. Install ok (though it takes a LONG time). Restart starts on orange screen telling us 1% - 2% etc. you know how it goes. In the process it changes to a black screen and comes to update 100% complete. The cute little dots are going around in a circle. We left it that way last night at 10.30 pm. This morning at 6.30 it is exactly the same way. I forced a shutdown. When I look at update history last night was the 4th attempt to install this update. (I don't remember update number but it has something to do with fixing network transmission errors in the previious update). I am thinking of skipping this update for her. Any suggestions?

:)

Smudgeboss, Sep 24, 2016
  2. KChannon Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99% for long time

nice progress indicator. 1 to 99% in two hours, 99 to 100% in 8 hours.

KChannon, Sep 24, 2016
  3. Can not listen Off line music without Internet connection

Same thing here. This is after the last update. A few hours after being offline the offline mixes will not play. I fully completed all downloads 100%

fastcar---01, Sep 24, 2016
Thema:

Update 100% complete -- for 8 hours)

1. Update 100% complete -- for 8 hours) - Similar Threads - Update 100% complete

2. Windows 11 updates take hours to complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates take hours to complete: Hi.I have a laptop that is a couple years old. Its not a slow one, its an ASUS Zenbook with Ryzen 7 4700U, 16Gb of RAM and a 512Gb Kingston NVMe SSD.Everything on the laptop works like a charm, except for Windows updates. Most updates take hours to complete, I usually just...
  3. Windows 11 updates take hours to complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 updates take hours to complete: Hi.I have a laptop that is a couple years old. Its not a slow one, its an ASUS Zenbook with Ryzen 7 4700U, 16Gb of RAM and a 512Gb Kingston NVMe SSD.Everything on the laptop works like a charm, except for Windows updates. Most updates take hours to complete, I usually just...
  4. Chkdsk /f /r 100% complete, but on still state 12+hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk /f /r 100% complete, but on still state 12+hours: Hello Community, After a Q-code A5 on my Mainboard I use the Chkdsk/f /r on Cmd to check my SSD. After the command I restarted my system and the Check up started automatically. The control phase1-5 took around 25-30min and after that I got the "Harddrive C: check and repair:...
  5. windows update stuck at 30% for 8 hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update stuck at 30% for 8 hours.: Last night I put windows on restart and it got to working on updates 30% and now when its been more than 8 hours and it's still at 30%. What do I do?...
  6. My update has been on 100% for two hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My update has been on 100% for two hours: Should I turn it off? It says not to but it’s been on that for so damn long. I got the windows update from 2004 to 20H2 from a windows support guy who suggested it to fix the audio issue I contacted Microsoft about (like the legit proper ones; not some random guy) and when I...
  7. Windows version update stuck on 8% after hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows version update stuck on 8% after hours: So I am updating windows and I left my pc for a while, then I come back to find out that the progress is not going beyond 8% after 6 hours, is there any reason to worry or it's ok because it is windows version update? submitted by /u/werojandro [link] [comments]...
  8. Configuring update for windows 10 100% complete ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Configuring update for windows 10 100% complete ?: Getting update for Windows 10 100% complete don't turn off your computer but mouse is moving and I have previously updated for 2004 for but due to shutdown and startup problem I uninstall the update I am getting above lines more than 2hours but I can move mou Se and keybord...
  9. Updating for 8 hours and counting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating for 8 hours and counting: On my HP 255 G2 Notebook PC , I got a message that the April 2018 version was no longer supported which baffles me because this laptop did not have Windows 10 until August 2019 when I used the Free Upgrade Tool saved from Microsoft when I updated another PC. No clue why it...
  10. major update still not complete after ~12 hours

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    major update still not complete after ~12 hours: Told me that it would take some time to complete but this is seems abnormal to me.. I think this is the 1703 update but I'm not sure. All I see is the spinning wheel. What can I do? 98233