Windows 10: Update 100% complete -- for 8 hours)

Discus and support Update 100% complete -- for 8 hours) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Installing a win 10 update into wife's alienware 17. Download ok. Install ok (though it takes a LONG time). Restart starts on orange screen telling us... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Smudgeboss, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Update 100% complete -- for 8 hours)

Installing a win 10 update into wife's alienware 17. Download ok. Install ok (though it takes a LONG time). Restart starts on orange screen telling us 1% - 2% etc. you know how it goes. In the process it changes to a black screen and comes to update 100% complete. The cute little dots are going around in a circle. We left it that way last night at 10.30 pm. This morning at 6.30 it is exactly the same way. I forced a shutdown. When I look at update history last night was the 4th attempt to install this update. (I don't remember update number but it has something to do with fixing network transmission errors in the previious update). I am thinking of skipping this update for her. Any suggestions?

:)

Smudgeboss, Sep 24, 2016
  2. KChannon Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99% for long time

nice progress indicator. 1 to 99% in two hours, 99 to 100% in 8 hours.

KChannon, Sep 24, 2016
  3. Can not listen Off line music without Internet connection

Same thing here. This is after the last update. A few hours after being offline the offline mixes will not play. I fully completed all downloads 100%

fastcar---01, Sep 24, 2016
Thema:

Update 100% complete -- for 8 hours)

1. Update 100% complete -- for 8 hours) - Similar Threads - Update 100% complete

2. Updating for 8 hours and counting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating for 8 hours and counting: On my HP 255 G2 Notebook PC , I got a message that the April 2018 version was no longer supported which baffles me because this laptop did not have Windows 10 until August 2019 when I used the Free Upgrade Tool saved from Microsoft when I updated another PC. No clue why it...
  3. System Restore has been going on for 8 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore has been going on for 8 hours: Hello. I did a System Restore in an attempt to fix my graphics card driver that was malfunctioning as an alternative to downloading a driver update 315 MB in size on dorm Wi-Fi lol. 9 hours of waiting later I'm still stuck on "restoring the registry". I'm considering a force...
  4. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro stuck at 100% Complete

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro stuck at 100% Complete: Hello, I started the upgrade yesterday and up until now the screen still shows "100% complete". It is almost 24hrs and the uograde is still not finished. I am not turning off the laptop as it might disrupt the upgrade. I have windows 10 home single language and...
  5. Update will not complete

Update will not complete: there is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-will-not-complete/9a67c1a5-9cbd-48f0-bb77-a62864be247e
  6. Update not completed.

Update not completed.: I have in my laptop windows 10 version 1709. I want to update to version 1803. But when start updated an error massage displayed code 1xc1900107. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-not-completed/3bd8a2b7-5dec-4ce0-8490-8608387bc1c4
  7. Quick scan takes hours to complete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick scan takes hours to complete: What is going on with quick scan? I ran it yesterday and it took all day to run. Also is there a setting to run automatically. It is set to run real-time so is a scheduled scan unnecessary?...
  8. My weekly Windows 10 Back up - is taking HOURS and HOURS to complete-

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    My weekly Windows 10 Back up - is taking HOURS and HOURS to complete-: Have been using windows back up - Windows 10 for sometime. Recently bought a larger 3TB drive and started a new back up. Up until recently - the weekly incremental back ups were completed in 10 minutes - although last weeks took quite a bit longer - several hours. Today - It...
  9. major update still not complete after ~12 hours

major update still not complete after ~12 hours: Told me that it would take some time to complete but this is seems abnormal to me.. I think this is the 1703 update but I'm not sure. All I see is the spinning wheel. What can I do? 98233
  10. Active Hours/Update?

Active Hours/Update?: I don't know if the anniversary update fixed it more, but I've heard people have had Windows 10, restart automatically and reboot after installing certain updates, like when they're in the middle of doing things. I can't say it's actually happened to me. Not that I'm aware...