Windows 10: Update 14931 wont install right

Discus and support Update 14931 wont install right in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Download 14931, starts installing, reboots couple times, then goes to black flickering screen. Only way to get it to stop is power off. Turn back on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bricko, Oct 5, 2016.

1. bricko Win User

Update 14931 wont install right

Download 14931, starts installing, reboots couple times, then goes to black flickering screen.
    Only way to get it to stop is power off. Turn back on and says Reverting to Previous version, restarts where started,

On slow ring insider

:)

bricko, Oct 5, 2016

2. ERROR CODE 0X80240439

I finally get the latest Build! Let me explain what I did , last night before I went to bed I set up my computer to Slow Ring . This morning I went to check for update and Build 14931 was there waiting for me , I upgraded my machine to Build 14931 , right
    away I switched to Fast Ring and after 15 mns I checked for update and Build 14951 was already there.

J. E. 0225, Oct 5, 2016
  3. windows update KB3197954 fails to install with error 0x800F0922

Troubleshooter worked fine in my dell . After several attemps to install the updates 14931, I run troubleshooter. Now update works fine.

Derfflinger, Oct 5, 2016
  4. Update 14931 wont install right

What I found here with one VM is that it would download WDefender and other updates but failed to see the latest build even start to download. I then sought out the Windows Insider download page linked off of the updated page now being seen for the Media Creation tool and went over to the WIPreview site's page there for both the download to the storage drive where ISOs are kept as well as a direct download to the VM running the 915 build until the second attempt after mounting the ISO itself.

I had to right click on the setup.exe file manually to run as administrative in order to get the upgrade type update install going manually! *Confused

The last few Insider as well as the Redstone 1 Anniversary update required a mounted ISO to get them on! With MS trying to push 10 in larger quantities I think they have now overlooked keeping the other things running smoothly while being too anxious for quota numbers not service like reliable servers at times! One of the other latest cumulative updates is also a concern for some it would seem as that is causing problems.

Night Hawk, Oct 5, 2016
Thema:

Update 14931 wont install right

1. Update 14931 wont install right - Similar Threads - Update 14931 wont

2. Windows wont install update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont install update: Windows downloads the update but won't install the update, doesn't matter what I do. Keeps giving this error. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this...
  3. Windows updates wont install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates wont install: HiThe current updates have mainly installed but these 3 no matter how many times I retry they will not install?Please advisethank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-wont-install/672fb292-2933-4df2-a4bb-fbf90c3b1ced
  4. Windows updates wont install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates wont install: HiThe current updates have mainly installed but these 3 no matter how many times I retry they will not install?Please advisethank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-wont-install/672fb292-2933-4df2-a4bb-fbf90c3b1ced
  5. windows updates wont install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows updates wont install: all my updates have installation errors- i detected 5 viruses which i got rid of, and they slowed my PC down. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-wont-install/b5f86e3b-b6a7-4853-823b-cf4de3828412
  6. windows updates wont install

windows updates wont install: all my updates have installation errors- i detected 5 viruses which i got rid of, and they slowed my PC down. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-wont-install/b5f86e3b-b6a7-4853-823b-cf4de3828412
  7. My updates wont install

My updates wont install: It says We couldn't install updates because of the date and time but they are correct the 3 updates are kb2267602 and kb890830 and the last one its kb5017257 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-updates-wont-install/10b43c61-38dc-4cd2-aee1-ae666a4d3969
  8. security update wont install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    security update wont install: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x8007023e) any help is appreciated 141768
  9. Windows Updates wont Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates wont Install: For several weeks my PC has tried to automatically install the following updates:[ATTACH] I've tried downloading them using direct links but the download file just searches for updates and doesn't actually install the update. Any suggestions?...
  10. How to Install RTM Build (14393) over Preview Build (14931)?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Install RTM Build (14393) over Preview Build (14931)?: If I get an .iso of Windows 10 RTM (14393) , I can install over the Preview Build (14931) I'm using without losing my personal files, Win32 programs and applications? P.S. I already tried it with an iso Windows 10 Pro x64 Pt-Br (14393.0) The option to keep things was not...