Windows 10: Update 1511 appeared then disappeared

Discus and support Update 1511 appeared then disappeared in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm on Win 10 (build 10240). I hadn't been getting updates for a while so did some troubleshooting and started to receive the updates yesterday,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TomStrong, Dec 26, 2015.

1. TomStrong Win User

Update 1511 appeared then disappeared

I'm on Win 10 (build 10240). I hadn't been getting updates for a while so did some troubleshooting and started to receive the updates yesterday, including the major November update 1511

Update 1511 appeared then disappeared [​IMG]

But the upgrade didn't complete. It went to the booting black screen with a circle and number in the middle and progressed up to a certain point but then rolled back the changes. This happened twice and now when I check for updates, it says device is up to date and won't even show the 1511 update.

Any ideas?

:)

TomStrong, Dec 26, 2015
  2. KeithBox Win User

where is my windows 10 dvd player its dissappeared

Yes this was it appears to have disappeared with the 1511 update.

KeithBox, Dec 26, 2015
  3. win 10 Win User
    Settings Icon Appeared Then Disappeared on Desktop By Itself

Totally irrelevant! Do you even read the context of the post???

win 10, Dec 26, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Instead of using Windows Update to install, you may get better result using one of the following links :
    Media Creation Tool ( MCT ) :
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Tech Bench
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

Using MCT as example................
    Download the Tool and run it.
    Then select Create installation media for another PC
    That will begin downloading the ISO file to your computer.
    When download is completed, RIGHT click at the ISO > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    That will begin installing Windows 10.
    You have the choice of keeping settings, files and apps, or keeping nothing.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Dec 26, 2015
  5. TomStrong Win User
    Thanks, will give MCT a shot

TomStrong, Dec 26, 2015
  6. TomStrong Win User
    Tried but it failed in the end

Update 1511 appeared then disappeared [​IMG]

TomStrong, Dec 31, 2015
  7. lx07 Win User
    What did you find when you looked for SECOND_BOOT errors then?

Presumably you did google it and check the logs too see what driver had a problem...

8. DavidY Win User

It's worth making a note, if you can, of what % it got to, and then googling for that as well.

As an example, I had a failure at 40% when updating my tablet from 10240 to 1511, and by searching I found someone else had reached the same point, and their error was caused by an SD card being left in their tablet and the update process not handling it properly, which was the same scenario as I had. So I tried again with the SD card removed and it went fine.

DavidY, Dec 31, 2015
  9. Steve C Win User
    For some reason my update was stuck at 52% for over a day. When it finally installed, the update log showed 12 failed installation attempts. I've no idea why since previous updates have been fine.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Update 1511 appeared then disappeared - Similar Threads - Update 1511 appeared

2. Partitions appear and disappear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partitions appear and disappear: Hey, there. The story begins with the desire to upgrade the initial hdd samsung 500gb quite old, but having no problems with it. Starting from here I got a 120gb ssd to put the win on and a 1tb barakuda seagate. All well and beautiful, I installed them, I installed the win...
  3. Partitions appear and disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partitions appear and disappear: Hey, there. The story begins with the desire to upgrade the initial hdd samsung 500gb quite old, but having no problems with it. Starting from here I got a 120gb ssd to put the win on and a 1tb barakuda seagate. All well and beautiful, I installed them, I installed the win...
  4. Partitions appear and disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files appearing and disappearing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Files appearing and disappearing.: Hey! I'm having some troubles with my pc. File named NTUSER.DAT is appeared in my user folder and other folders. It wasn't there before and it used to be in Public folder. Also other .DAT files disappeared. Also I can't run msert.exe. I get an error which says i need...
  6. 1511 10586 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1511 10586 update: Hi all, I have a Samsung Laptop which has Windows 7 Home edition on it. I have upgraded it to the Windows 10 Home and all is fine. Windows now informs me that an upgrade version 1511, 10586 is ready to update so I clicked check for udates and it says click to download,...
  7. Can't update to 1511

Can't update to 1511: I have an old Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop. 2.5 g of RAM. Intel DuoCore. Runs Win 10 without difficulty. Did all updates until 1511 and then won't update. Goes through the procedures and stops halfway through. Tried it many times. Ran SFC and it found no problems. Tried...
  8. Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511

Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511: Hello all. Running windows 10 pro 64 bit. I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607. Or at least, I thought I did. The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system...
  9. Manual Update to 1511

Manual Update to 1511: My PC has so far still not downloaded the big November update. *cry Windows Update seems to be doing its stuff though, as it is still finding small updates to apply on a regular basis. One problem though - it regularly finds, and fails to install update KB3081704. This is the...
  10. Appearing and disappearing files!

in Windows 10 Support
    Appearing and disappearing files!: Could someone please explain this to me? In Windows 10, I have a folder called GOONS. I put some files in it. But when I looked at it a while later, many more files were there! And then the next time I looked, they were gone! I wanna be able to put the files I want, in a...