Windows 10: Update 9860 pushed like a normal update

Discus and support Update 9860 pushed like a normal update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Booted Win 10 TP under Hyper-V just now and was presented with this: [img] I really dislike not having any kind of progress indicator. 2586 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ztruker, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Ztruker Win User

Update 9860 pushed like a normal update

Booted Win 10 TP under Hyper-V just now and was presented with this:

Update 9860 pushed like a normal update [​IMG]

I really dislike not having any kind of progress indicator.

:)

Ztruker, Oct 22, 2014

2. How to: 10 Tips before installing the latest Windows 10

Successfully updated from 9860 to 9879 on 12/01/14. Don't know why it worked this time, since Win10 has not been booted since the failure on 11/25/14.

BTW, after the failure, it automatically reverted back to 9860.

Rocket_Scientist, Oct 22, 2014
  3. Windows defender not updating definitions on windows 10

Any update to this one? It's been happening for me since I installed 9860 - it just won't install the updates.

I've tried the methods for fixing it that apply to 8.1 with no avail.

ScottBentley_HTG, Oct 22, 2014
  4. adamf Win User

I got that installing 9860 also. It took about an hour and a half for me after downloading while I was still using the PC.

It is nice you can delay for 1 hour, 4 hours, tomorrow or whatever (I forget all the delay options but there were quite a lot). That optional delay was something that was missing - I hope they keep that bit.

adamf, Oct 22, 2014
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Just realized I downloaded the update yesterday but didn't install it. Instead I shut down the VM. It's when I booted it today that I got the prompt to install which makes sense.

Ztruker, Oct 22, 2014
  6. AddRAM Win User
    AddRAM, Oct 23, 2014
  7. BillyBob Win User
    Yeah I updated, upgraded whatever, nice and easy, used to doing this on a Mac, I'd rather do it this way, progress bar would be nice, probably wouldn't mind an ISO once in a while though.
    Havent had a chance to see what differences are in there, could be a bit snappier, not sure, supposed to have some animations. No more shutdown errors, so far so good.

BillyBob, Oct 23, 2014
  8. Update 9860 pushed like a normal update

Third day I am not able to Download the latest build via PC Settings>Builds. I've found the .ISO and am downloading it overnight. Should it be done as an Upgrade over 9841 or a Clean Reinstall? I have nothing against Clean Reinstalls but like a little continuity at only 2 weeks. *Wink

I want the newer build because I've heard it resolves the svchost calls on power wake, fouling Sleep and Hibernate. I had that resolved earlier and it came back with svchost insomniac vengeance.

gregrocker, Oct 26, 2014
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Try the upgrade path by mounting the iso from Win 10 TP build 9841then running setup for something different *Smile

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Update 9860 pushed like a normal update - Similar Threads - Update 9860 pushed

2. Are these updates safe and normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are these updates safe and normal?: are these updates that I have installed safe and what do they do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-these-updates-safe-and-normal/cd5dd942-cdd2-4f28-ad05-9650bb06ba5a
  3. Is this normal? A bug? An update?

in Cortana
    Is this normal? A bug? An update?: Search bar shows just "Search" instead of "Type here to search". This happened after installing an update that brought News and Interests feature. This don't bother me, I just wanna know if this is ok.Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Build 19042.985...
  4. are this update safe/normal?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    are this update safe/normal?: these are my updates[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-this-update-safenormal/1a063e2c-e64d-46f6-826c-d7f8490c4ba4
  5. windows 10 push wrong update ?

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 push wrong update ?: i use win 10 1809 and windows update push me the "KB4465065". This update is a "microcode update" for specific CPU. I have an i5-9600K so i shouldnt recive this update. Can you give me some suggestion?thanks 135391
  6. KB2600211 Update 4.0.3 for .Net4 ----- Build 9860

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB2600211 Update 4.0.3 for .Net4 ----- Build 9860: Trying to run a financial trading application, "Fidelity Active Trader Pro" which was running without problem on build 9841. On build 9860 when starting ATP I immediately get a dialog box requiring an upgrade, KB2600211 (update 4.0.3), be made to .Net 4. I downloaded the...
  7. Can't update windows build from 9860

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't update windows build from 9860: every time i updated the OS its always comes with error that the connection down. please help 3715
  8. Icons not showing correctly after 9860 update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons not showing correctly after 9860 update.: Some of my picture icons are no longer showing up as pictures, and when I go to Personalize to change my desktop wallpaper, it shows up like this. And none of my avatars are displaying correctly. WTH *Huh 2624
  9. Updated to 9860 , now missing letters in text

in Windows 10 Support
    Updated to 9860 , now missing letters in text: Just changed to 9860and noticed missing letters in plain text, the app names, settings i.e. Mouse button lef rather than left. shows on IE some missing letters while others quite readable. Previous build did not have this problem. 2595
  10. Cortana pushing transit updates issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana pushing transit updates issue: I noticed tonight on the Cortana screen/feed it is pushing a box to add home address for transit updates . I thought it strange because my home address and work address are already in Cortana under my favourite locations. Every morning around 6 am through to I presume 9 am it...