Windows 10: Update all computer on local network.

Discus and support Update all computer on local network. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Not sure if this is possible,but here we go. I have a computer with 3 hard drives installed,all 3 have Windows 10 installed on them. Lets say the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zplugger, Dec 1, 2017.

1. zplugger Win User

Update all computer on local network.

Not sure if this is possible,but here we go. I have a computer with 3 hard drives installed,all 3 have Windows 10 installed on them. Lets say the drives are called Bill,Tom,Jane, when the computer boots you chose what drive to use,Bill is the main one. I have a Metered Connection to control date usage. If I do a update on Bill can I make the updte go on Tom & Jane too? If I update all 3 it takes a lot of data. I see in Delivery Optimation you can select PCs on my local network, for some reason it is all grayed out so can't make a change. Is there any way to download updates for one drive then have it update the other two OS.
    Thanks for any suggestions

:)

zplugger, Dec 1, 2017

2. Networking computers locally.

Without a domain or Microsoft Account, you will not be able to "change one password and it would change on all of them". That's one of the features that a domain server or Microsoft Account provide, you can't accomplish it without it.

I'd setup local accounts on all of them, then add a Microsoft Account to it, and you're done. All your passwords will be the same on all computers, all will be able to reach the networked files, and you'll meet all your objectives within just 2 minutes
    of effort. It's what I do to connect my Surface Pro 4 and 5, Lenovo Yoga, Dell Precision, and Dell Venue. All 5 are on a simple wifi network, logged in with my Microsoft Account (local account named "skeene" on all of them to make file management easy).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 1, 2017
  3. Networking computers locally.

Sean actually just touched on what my suggestion would be. However I'll explain it slightly differently. I understand you don't want to use a MS account. However if you want to be able to change your PW once and then have the info update on all the machines
    without running a domain a MS account is by far your best bet for what you're wanting to do.

However I would set only use the MS account for the network sharing portion of things. You could have each machine use different local accounts on the actual systems which would allow you to have mutiple local accounts. However you would simply setup your
    network share information to use the MS account. This way all machines could have a mapped drive that is using/storing the creds for your MS account. You can do that by navigating to the UNC path of the share and or shares and then simply checking the "connect
    using different creds" option. This would allow you to essentially do exactly what you're referring too.

So for example in the username blank you would simply enter *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and then w/e the pw is in the password blank. Then you could simply check the remember my info option if you want it to store that information. Anyways a workgroup using a MS account
    and and then mapping w/e shares you have setup while utilizing the "connect using diff creds" option would achieve exactly what it sounds like you want to achieve. The nice thing though about using a MS account would be that you'd only need to change your
    PW once much like using a domain.

Anyways if you need me to clarify anything feel free to ask.

Joe_Schmelter, Dec 1, 2017
  4. zplugger Win User

I guess I will use this setup as 3 different computer,can I download all windows 10 updates to a thumb drive then install on other 2 computer. All 3 are the same,just need a way to update all 3 with one download.

zplugger, Dec 1, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    I open Update and Security, check for updates and scroll down to Learn More. On that page I look for Windows Update Catalog to get the offline installer and from there can download both the x86 and x64 versions of the latest build. I download then Copy to a Thumb drive to use on computers that have a slow connection. I put them on the same Thumb drive I have made using the MCT/Media Creation Tool. That catalog page usually shows 4 versions or in some cases will also show a Delta version for use on computers that are otherwise fully up-to-date, are a bit smaller file size. In File Explorer double-clicking those files get them started installing.

Berton, Dec 1, 2017
  6. zplugger Win User
    Thanks Berton, will give a try. Might be hard the first time trying, but sure it will become easy. Will leave all drives metered connection and watch for updates.

Just tried to do a security update KB2267602 with no luck. Microsoft Update Catalog could not find this.

zplugger, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Update all computer on local network. - Similar Threads - Update computer local

2. Trying To Access Computers On My Local Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying To Access Computers On My Local Network: Hi, I have a 2 PCs. Windows 10 and Windows 11.I am trying to connect to my Windows 10 PC from my Windows 11. However, when I click on it, it asks for log in credentials which I never set up for since I usually sign in with my Microsoft account and it seems no matter what I...
  3. Repeatedly losing network connection to other computers on local network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeatedly losing network connection to other computers on local network: I have a local network and I find that the connection to other Windows 10 computers on the network is failing to show. I go through all the usual recommended steps but why should this be necessary. If I have configured all the bits and pieces to work why is the connectivity...
  4. Repeatedly losing network connection to other computers on local network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeatedly losing network connection to other computers on local network: I have a local network and I find that the connection to other Windows 10 computers on the network is failing to show. I go through all the usual recommended steps but why should this be necessary. If I have configured all the bits and pieces to work why is the connectivity...
  5. Repeatedly losing network connection to other computers on local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Local network

Local network: Since Microsoft removed HomeGroup I have been unable to connect my computers for File and Printer sharing. I have made sure all the settings are correct, I have found various suggestions about Services, none of which help. This is very frustrating, why can't they leave well...
  7. local network

local network: My local network does not have "homegroup" in has another group "2network" is there a way to add homegroup to this computer so I can logon to my existing network, my other computers are running win10 and win7....
  8. discoverability of computer on local network

discoverability of computer on local network: How do I change the discover options on my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/discoverability-of-computer-on-local-network/f1c6c210-ebcb-444f-a6af-6d2d612a192f
  9. Updates via Local Network

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates via Local Network: Hello I have (4) computers, I want to update only (01) PC via internet and the other via Local network with the option of Windows update . But it seems don't work with me ! I think I didn't build a well local network , The (3) PCs are connected to the router that's all,...
  10. Updates on Local Network

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates on Local Network: If I have three computers on local network and only one has internet access will this update all machines on local network? [img] 41718