Windows 10: Update and restart --> BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

Discus and support Update and restart --> BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Update suggests and frequently forces an Update and Restart. This seems to work but the next time at boot time: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by theking2, Aug 14, 2018.

1. theking2 Win User

Update and restart --> BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

Update suggests and frequently forces an Update and Restart. This seems to work but the next time at boot time: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.

Windows attempts and fails at a repair and that reboots successfully in current OS version.

After this the start menu still has the options Update and shutdown and Update and restart

How do I remove these options and stop Update from forcing reboots until the next, working, version of the OS is available?

Anyone who suggests:

How do I control which (failing) drivers Windows Update will install and how do I prevent that.

sfc /scannow

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

is not helping, really.

:)

theking2, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Bad_System_Config_Info message repeatedly and restart message with no successful bootup

Hi Jana,

One of the possible reasons why your PC fails to boot into normal mode are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To isolate your concern regarding your Bad_System_Config_Info, we suggest that you perform the following steps
    to trigger Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting into safe mode.
    This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.
    Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Aug 14, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update and restart --> BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

Hi Tanveer,

There may be several reasons why you are getting these error message. One of which can be because of a corrupted system file. We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error codes except from the error message BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO ?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried setting it again to your previous settings and see if the issue still persist?
    The error, bad config info means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. Kindly follow the steps below to perform a system restore:

• Turn off your PC by pressing and holding the power button, then turn it back on. When you see your PC manufacturer's logo, turn the PC off again. Repeat the process until you see
      Please wait.
    • Select Troubleshoot, then choose Advanced options >
      System Restore.
    • Choose an administrator account and enter the password. Select Continue.
    • Choose a restore point to restart your PC to. Select last known good configuration.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Update and restart --> BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO - Similar Threads - Update restart BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

2. Bad_System_Config_Info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad_System_Config_Info: Hello, so I recently have this BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO looping BSOD on my Lenovo V14-ARE laptop. It happened after I restored the system from the latest backup. I can't go to BIOS / WinRE, but when I try to remove SSD and plug my USB Windows installation, I can go to BIOS and...
  3. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: I keep getting this error. I tried reinstalling Windows and It works for a couple of days then this error shows again submitted by /u/Sarcaron_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j95u4h/bad_system_config_info/
  4. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: Galera, eu tenho um amigo que está com problema no w10... é o erro de BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO Ele disse que antes de dar esse erro, o PC estava lento, então ele decidiu reiniciar, porém quando ele foi ligar de novo deu o erro [7:08 PM] Alguma ideia pra resolver? [7:08 PM] Ele...
  5. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: My Alienware Laptop has been working fine since 2016, But yesterday, It randomly stopped letting me log into windows 10, i put in my pin and it just says “Cannot varify credentials” Me being the idiot i am, i held down the powerbutton for 30 seconds and turned it back on....
  6. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: So I got my laptop a blue screen and BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO on the bottom. What ever I do it keeps on looping on the same screen, no changes at all. I've tried to reset the computer with Keep my files and I've tried the command promt, didn't work as intended. I've tried the...
  7. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: I was trying to install Ubuntu along with Windows 10 in an Acer Aspire A515-51. When I ran the Installer, it didn't recognize the /dev/sda when I had to select the partition to install it. I was searching for help online, and I found that executing the command sudo dmraid -E...
  8. GWX on a laptop broken by updates (BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO) . . . . .

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    GWX on a laptop broken by updates (BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO) . . . . .: Hi Guys, First post in here so not entirely up to speed with the "jargon" . . . . I tried many ways to repair the above error to no avail. My Win10 Home N showing error code 0xC004C003. activation area showed Current code is ****WXCHW I had gone for the GWX way back...
  9. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO On Reboot

BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO On Reboot: Hello, I'm receiving a BSOD with "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO" when I reboot my computer. I only noticed this since I turned on my MSI "Fast Boot," but this is a BIOS setting, so I don't know if it is related to the problem, since this error code (0x74) refers to a corrupted...
  10. bad_system_config_info

in Windows 10 Support
    bad_system_config_info: My sons laptop is getting that error message, it is a dell inspiron with window 7 upgraded to 10 We think last update made it not usable All we get is blue screen and message in title Is there a way to uninstall last update from Microsoft He does not want to lose his...