Windows 10: Update Broke Laptop!

Discus and support Update Broke Laptop! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, So a couple of days ago (17/07/18 approx.) my partner's laptop decided to update itself. I don't know anything about what the update was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LaurenStanley, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Update Broke Laptop!

Hi all,

So a couple of days ago (17/07/18 approx.) my partner's laptop decided to update itself. I don't know anything about what the update was only that it's a Windows update. All fine and good except the laptop never finished updating. For two days it sat on the side stuck on 98% updated, until we gave up and tried to reboot it, as we hoped that might unstick it. Only that's when the problems really started as now it appears to completely broken my partner's laptop, which will turn on, and let him log on, but appears to have no connection to any network (nor will it let him connect to one) the sound is broken (will not work - icon features a red "x") and it seems to have wiped all of his programmes, apps, photos, documents etc. away. The screen is just black, only the Recycle Bin in the corner. Nothing was backed up as I don't think he even granted the laptop permission to update - I think it just started automatically when he was shutting it down.
    Does anybody know whether we can do anything to save his laptop? Or is, as he thinks it is, completely destroyed by the Windows Update, never to be used again?

I know my explanation might not be the most helpful, but if anyone else has experienced this or has any suggestions they would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

LaurenStanley, Jul 19, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Munki Win User
    laptop LCD not turning on..

Here is a tip is you cant fix it, make it noticeable that you broke it...step on it *Wink Update Broke Laptop! ;) "Oh my gawd, did i step on your lil ol laptop, im terribly sorry" Then she has no choice but to buy a new one.

Munki, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Update Broke Laptop!

Laptop Clubhouse!

Wow its still alive haha those are some sweet systems for laptop D:
    I've downgraded as my old one finally broke and i had to get cheap replacement which can barely handle web browsing lol.
    My new laptop:
    • Name
      ASUS X501U-XX049V
    • Processor
      AMD C60 1GHZ dual core
    • Memory
      4GB DDR3
    • Graphics
      AMD Radeon 6290
    • Drives
      500GB
    • Enclosure
      ASUS X501U-XX049V
    • Peripherals
      Logitech optical mouse

kurosagi01, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Update Broke Laptop!

1. Update Broke Laptop! - Similar Threads - Update Broke Laptop

2. windows update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update broke my laptop: Yea so title says it all. Updated windows , when I rebooted the laptop it says my pin is not valid anymore.When I click set up , a grey box pops up then immediately disappears, leaving me unable to set up pin, therefore locked out of my own laptop.I then uninstalling the...
  3. windows update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update broke my laptop: Yea so title says it all. Updated windows , when I rebooted the laptop it says my pin is not valid anymore.When I click set up , a grey box pops up then immediately disappears, leaving me unable to set up pin, therefore locked out of my own laptop.I then uninstalling the...
  4. Windows update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update broke my laptop: I have a Yoga 700 from Lenovo with Windows 10 and everything worked correctly yesterday, last thing I did was to update cummulative something and today I cannot shut down my pc, it gets stuck in a black screen and never shuts down, and networking is completely broken both...
  5. Windows update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update broke my laptop: I have a Yoga 700 from Lenovo with Windows 10 and everything worked correctly yesterday, last thing I did was to update cummulative something and today I cannot shut down my pc, it gets stuck in a black screen and never shuts down, and networking is completely broken both...
  6. Last update broke my laptop

Last update broke my laptop: Clicked update and restart. Screen said restating for 20 minutes then went black. Keys are all lit up, but the laptop is completely unresponsive. Asus tuf 505 laptop. Ideas?...
  7. Latest update broke laptop

Latest update broke laptop: Hello my packard bell easynote Installed the latest update of windows 10 but now i can not use it as when i try and reinstall windows ive got this picering noise and wont install because of the noise and i catnt turn it off eaither...
  8. Latest update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update broke my laptop: Hi I was forced to install the latest windows update on my Lenovo Yoga 920 and now I have BSOD. I have tried every single option that windows gives in an effort to fix it, including a full reset of windows which immediately fails every time. Now I have no way to study for...
  9. Update broke laptop again

Update broke laptop again: so this is the third time microsoft has ran updates and broke my laptop. Its a lenovo yoga, 2 years old. Last time it made my fan run incredibly fast and wouldnt start up windows at all. This time i lost trackpad usage, then the next update wipes out my entire keyboard...
  10. Windows 10 update broke laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update broke laptop: So I was going about my day on the laptop, a program required a restart to finish updating so I click the windows key, click on the power icon and click Restart. Now what I didn't know that this will start an update. Since for some reason there was a issue with Windows 10...