Windows 10: update causes explorer.exe loop

Discus and support update causes explorer.exe loop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; so the latest update has caused my machine to open and close windows explorer every second or so. this renders the machine nearly unusable as the loop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ashtreylil, Dec 2, 2014.

1. update causes explorer.exe loop

so the latest update has caused my machine to open and close windows explorer every second or so. this renders the machine nearly unusable as the loop causes clicks to not be registered or cleared sometimes. i know that this is the update because i did a system restore before the update and it returned to normal. however last night windows decided to update again when i restarted my computer there is no way to disable the updates on preview. -__- i cant restore anymore and am stuck with a nonfuntioning computer because of this "feature"

:)

ashtreylil, Dec 2, 2014

2. Explorer.exe keeps crashing on a Windows Server 2016

It gets stuck in a loop, where explorer.exe crashes over and over causing the screen to flash over and over. The only fix I have so far is to restart the machine.

Thomas Azar, Dec 2, 2014
  3. bwg9403 Win User
    Multiple Windows 10 Taskbar Problems; Start Menu/Cortana Search/Action Center/Edge/Calendar Not Working

It made no difference for my Win 10 problems. Explorer.exe still goes into crash/restart loops making my machine unusable much too often.

bwg9403, Dec 2, 2014
  4. gerland Win User

update causes explorer.exe loop

I updated my Lenovo IdeaTab to 10041 and now it does the same thing - explorer.exe keeps refreshing.
    Jim...

gerland, Apr 5, 2015
  5. gerland Win User
    I updated my Lenovo IdeaTab to 10041 and now it does the same thing - explorer.exe keeps refreshing.
    explorer.exe file manage crashes - "wait operation timed out" or "RPC server not running"
    Jim...

gerland, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

update causes explorer.exe loop

1. update causes explorer.exe loop - Similar Threads - update causes explorer

2. update KB5004945 Causes crash loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update KB5004945 Causes crash loop: Hello. I am having a problem. My laptop says that on the next restart it has to install the kb5004945 update. But after doing so, the windows never starts anymore. It just loops the automatic repair screen. Then restart. And then again. It happened 3 times already. And the...
  3. Windows Startup Loop caused by AVG update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Startup Loop caused by AVG update.: My dad's Dell Computer has been stuck on an Automatic Repair loop for hours now, where it fails repair, then asks for a bitlocker recovery key, then fails startup anyway. I tried all the startup options short of formatting the computer, but it's still not working. I've done a...
  4. Latest update causing a boot loop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update causing a boot loop?: Latest update came out, my computer updated last night. My computer now will boot up, allow me to login for from 3-10 minutes and then reboot back to login. Computer never cycles power at all. Anyone else having issue? submitted by /u/hutch0607 [link] [comments]...
  5. Explorer,EXE

Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  6. Update causing Windows Repair loop

Update causing Windows Repair loop: The latest Windows 10 update, after restart, doesn't let me log in to my computer. Windows seems to be stuck in a Windows Repair Mode loop, where every option simply results in Windows restarting and winding up at the same place. A complication is that while "Continue to...
  7. Update causing Windows Repair loop + no administrator

Update causing Windows Repair loop + no administrator: The latest Windows 10 update, after restart, doesn't let me log in to my computer. Windows seems to be stuck in a Windows Repair Mode loop, where every option simply results in Windows restarting and winding up at the same place. A complication is that while "Continue to...
  8. Update causing continuous reboot loop

Update causing continuous reboot loop: After installing the latest 10 update (which seemed huge and extra slow to dl) my PC is stuck continuously rebooting before desktop is reached. And before you ask again, No it doesn't reach desktop status & also No I shouldn't need/have to download windows from another...
  9. rundll32.exe causes heavy problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    rundll32.exe causes heavy problems: Hi everyone, It's simply impossible to work fluently without been stopped, because of this process. All rundll32 processes in Task Manager point to the same process in system32. Many antivirus softwares have been tried, but nothing found. System info: Lenovo yoga with i7...
  10. Windows AU Update causing boot loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows AU Update causing boot loop: Hi All, Having an issue updating a laptop. this is a laptop loaded with a custom image which i deploy via SCCM. The image is currently on build 1511, so the update im doing is from 1511 to 1607. The way im updating, is using the Windows 10 update tool:...
Tags: