Windows 10: Update Changed Clock Text to Black

Discus and support Update Changed Clock Text to Black in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My puter updated itself & came back with a black clock on a black taskbar *sarc [img] I have looked everywhere for a solution, but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RunsWivScissors, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Update Changed Clock Text to Black

My puter updated itself & came back with a black clock on a black taskbar *sarc

Update Changed Clock Text to Black [​IMG]

I have looked everywhere for a solution, but nothing works. *cry

Anyone know how to fix it?
    Thank you please!

:)

RunsWivScissors, Sep 24, 2016

2. Readability Taskbar Windows 10

Hello,

I have the very same problem, I want the taskbar color to be dark blue, but the text color of taskbar buttons still remains black and almost unreadable (even though the color of the clock for example is white and therefore easily readable). Even when I change
    the color of the taskbar to black the text remains black and therefore absolutely unreadable!

DavidChromec, Sep 24, 2016
  3. bilbo3558_3546, Sep 24, 2016
  4. Update Changed Clock Text to Black

No one?

RunsWivScissors, Sep 25, 2016
  5. Welcome to the forum *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Try this
    • Go to Settings > Personalization > Colors
    • Turn Off Show color on Start, taskbar and action center
    • If necessary choose a new Accent color a light one would probably be best but not Automatic.

Good luck *Smile

FrillyBits, Sep 26, 2016
  6. Thanks for replying Frilly,
    "Show color...." was already off & an accent was selected, I did clickthrough all the colors, but they just change the window frames & lines under icons etc, nothing changes the color of the text on the clock.

My clock was perfectly fine until this update was forced on me, I don`t even have my computer set for automatic updates, but it still went ahead & did it anyway, losing unsaved stuff & now messing up my clock. *Sad

RunsWivScissors, Sep 26, 2016
  7. i have the same problem
    how can i solve that ?

farzanmicr, Sep 26, 2016
  8. spunk Win User

Update Changed Clock Text to Black

Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc, right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, expand Display.
    Are there any device with yellow flags? If so, these devices need drivers installed. Even if there aren't any yellow flags,
    Go to the ASUS Transformer Book T100TA | 2-in-1 PCs | ASUS USA site, type in your Make and Model# or your Service Tag# and download the latest Chipset Driver for your model that includes the VGA driver. Choose the Windows 8.1 drivers.
    If that fails, in the Device Manager, right click the device under Display choose Properties/Driver/Roll Back Driver to a driver that was working for you

spunk, Sep 26, 2016
  9. There is no "Display" listed - Only "Display adapters" and that just has my graphics card in it (AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series).

Which has:
    Driver Date: 11/4/2015
    Driver Version: 15.201.1151.1008

So that does not appear to have been changed recently & I assume did not break my clock. *Sad

Thankyou Spunk, any other ideas?

RunsWivScissors, Sep 27, 2016
  10. RunsWivScissors, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Update Changed Clock Text to Black

1. Update Changed Clock Text to Black - Similar Threads - Update Changed Clock

2. Black bubble text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black bubble text: So one night i shut my computer down and the next morning it was fully charged and working, nothing else seemed to be out of the ordinary except for the text. I use the Microsoft edge browser and below the bar it shows my recently used tabs or most used tabs. But below the...
  3. Clock Font changed to Black after recent Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock Font changed to Black after recent Update: After last nights windows update, my Taskbar was changed to the color white and the font of the clock was changed to black. I switched the taskbar back to dark grey because it's less distracting but now the font on the clock is black and it's difficult to read the time. When...
  4. Clock Font changed to Black after recent Update

Clock Font changed to Black after recent Update: After last nights windows update, my Taskbar was changed to the color white and the font of the clock was changed to black. I switched the taskbar back to dark grey because it's less distracting but now the font on the clock is black and it's difficult to read the time. When...
  5. Black text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black text: Every time I put a new black ink in the printer it doesn't print properly. It will print logos but no text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-text/ca706df2-3eed-4c0f-8a70-a90b8bc2dab7
  6. Changing clock rate

Changing clock rate: This concerns the basic clock rate of an XPS desktop which is very fast. I am running a program WavePad, from NCH which misbehaves when the clock rate is too high I believe it was written for laptops. Is it possible, through an appropriate command, to decrease the clock rate?...
  7. Black Text

Black Text: For the past few days after I wiped my PC, everything was working fine. I could play games, get NVIDIA and Intel related things, and could surf the web with amazing performance. However, I reset my PC and the font of everything on my desktop was black. It's strange and...
  8. Taskbar clock turned black after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar clock turned black after Windows update: After Windows update, the clock on my taskbar turned black and I am able to see it only when I hover a mouse. But the second extended screen shows it white. Any ideas?...
  9. Post Anniversary Update: System Clock Font Black

Post Anniversary Update: System Clock Font Black: I've tried switching themes, changing colours etc. etc. no difference. What's with this latest "upgrade" that would alter only the colour of the system clock font? It's happened on both of my Windows 10 installations. I do have the Aerolite theme installed but no settings...
  10. changing time clock update

in Windows 10 Support
    changing time clock update: Just as the title states where can I find in the registry the keys to edit to change how often and what server(s) the automatic time update updates my computers clock? I cant seem to recall where to find that. I thought i remembered where it was but when i searched the...