Windows 10: Update changed MY customizations

Discus and support Update changed MY customizations in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; *Mad Does anyone know how to fix it so that when Microsoft does updates, NONE of MY customizations are changed, undone or replaced? I just found out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CJW, May 23, 2018.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Update changed MY customizations

*Mad Does anyone know how to fix it so that when Microsoft does updates, NONE of MY customizations are changed, undone or replaced?
    I just found out that the latest update changed MY sound scheme, removed settings I had in place & reinstalled files & folders I PURPOSELY deleted (the damn windows sounds, wallpapers, themes & some fonts). It also uninstalled/deleted older programs & games I installed that work just fine on 10.
    Is there a way to STOP updates through Settings or maybe the Registry?

:)

2. Arun B J Win User

windows 10 taskbar changes on reboot after last major update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• How exactly did you customize the task bar?

• Are you referring to November update?
    I suggest you to provide the steps how did you customize the taskbar so that we can reproduce the issue.

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 24, 2018
  3. Custom Scaling Factor keeps resetting after latest Windows 10 update

Hi,

To address your concern with Custom Scaling Factor, we suggest you to update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X on your keyboard, then click Device Manager.

2. Expand Display Drivers to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
    Update Driver Software.

3. Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, May 24, 2018
Thema:

Update changed MY customizations

1. Update changed MY customizations - Similar Threads - Update changed customizations

2. Customer Customer Customer Customer Customer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customer Customer Customer Customer Customer: Customer Customer Customer Customer Customer Customer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customer-customer-customer-customer-customer/056ded97-8079-4980-ad4d-b40a516677d4
  3. Changing customized shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing customized shortcut keys: Hello everyone, I've been having trouble with a Microsoft predefined shortcut and would like to delete that Microsoft defined shortcut. When I was using Jetbrains IntelliJ Idea IDE, I used to press CTRL + Alt + L to do code reformatting but now when I press the key...
  4. Folder customization changes randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder customization changes randomly: I set my folder views to a certain view: details, group by type and sort by date modified. Why is it I can hit the apply to all folders button this view, all my folders look the same, I can literally open and close the folder and it has the same view, I can do this everyday...
  5. Folder customization changes randomly

Folder customization changes randomly: I set my folder views to a certain view: details, group by type and sort by date modified. Why is it I can hit the apply to all folders button this view, all my folders look the same, I can literally open and close the folder and it has the same view, I can do this everyday...
  6. changing custom pointer size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    changing custom pointer size: hi, hello, so here's the thing, i made a bunch of custom pointers, sized 48x48px if i recall that well. then, whenever i try to change i try to change the original one within windows system the size change back to 32x32px :v is there a way to make the size however i...
  7. Can't Change Custom Color

Can't Change Custom Color: I'm attempting to change the custom color, from within the Personalization settings. [img] When I click on the Custom Color link, the dialog for the Color Picker flashes on screen and quickly closes the entire setting panel. leaving me unable to make any changes. *Sad...
  8. An update changed my whole customized settings, can't change it back

in Windows 10 Support
    An update changed my whole customized settings, can't change it back: Hey guys, my windows (10) was updated by himself and a lot of my settings were changed. Some I fixed and some I failed too. Can you help me change it back? I search for solution on the tutorial form but didnt find. 1. My colour settings were changed - from pure white to...
  9. Creator's updates completely changed my customized Start Senu...

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator's updates completely changed my customized Start Senu...: 1) Is anyone aware of a way to restore? 2) Are there any performance issues related to this update? It's imperative that my machine run efficiently. 100671
  10. Customers petition to demand changes to Windows 10 update practices

in Windows 10 News
    Customers petition to demand changes to Windows 10 update practices: Many of you already knew this could come up where things did seem to back fire in MS faces as to how they have made a change in how they deliver things? A large petition came as a result of how many were seeing 10 go on at least partially as far as still needing to see some...