Windows 10: Update Checking Not Working, Problems in Fixing

Discus and support Update Checking Not Working, Problems in Fixing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I noticed recently that Version 1803, now at OS Build 17134.112, was not checking for updates, so I ran Enable_Check_for_updates_in_Windows_Update.reg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Not Myself, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Update Checking Not Working, Problems in Fixing

I noticed recently that Version 1803, now at OS Build 17134.112, was not checking for updates, so I ran Enable_Check_for_updates_in_Windows_Update.reg and rebooted. When that did not work, I ran it again, rebooted, still no update checking.

A few minutes ago, I downloaded Reset_Reregister_Windows_Update_Components.bat, unblocked it, and tried to run it. I got a series of error messages, of which only the last one remained on-screen:

Could not run Windows Update... "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" (bits) service failed to stop.

What is my next step (other than using my 10-pound sledge hammer or, perhaps, my chain saw)?

:)

Not Myself, Jun 21, 2018
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jun 21, 2018
  3. window10 sound problems - I need help can you help me do that to fix the sound.

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• What all the troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolved the issue?
    • What is the exact issue are you facing with sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 21, 2018
  4. Update Checking Not Working, Problems in Fixing

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

@P4-630 , you can try and skip that step and see if it works. Just get the update manager and CPU load fix.
    If it does not work, you can always try one more time. *Toast :toast:

silentbogo, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

Update Checking Not Working, Problems in Fixing

1. Update Checking Not Working, Problems in Fixing - Similar Threads - Update Checking Working

2. Windows Update - Check for Updates Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - Check for Updates Not Working: Hi People,I'm having issues with receiving window security updates through Settings on my desktop PC. My last update was on the 30th August 2022 at 18:56pm which is 14 days ago. Despite clicking on Check for updates, the button doesn't want to load or do anything. I've never...
  3. Windows Update - Check for Updates Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update - Check for Updates Not Working: Hi People,I'm having issues with receiving window security updates through Settings on my desktop PC. My last update was on the 30th August 2022 at 18:56pm which is 14 days ago. Despite clicking on Check for updates, the button doesn't want to load or do anything. I've never...
  4. Windows Update - Check for Updates Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Check for updates problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check for updates problem?: I just upgraded one of our Win 10 computers to Win 11 in response to a direct offer from Microsoft. After trying it out a bit I did a Restart and then went to Settings and did a Check for Updates. It never said You are Up to Date, but just kept up Searching, Searching,...
  6. Check for updates problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Check for updates problem?: I just upgraded one of our Win 10 computers to Win 11 in response to a direct offer from Microsoft. After trying it out a bit I did a Restart and then went to Settings and did a Check for Updates. It never said You are Up to Date, but just kept up Searching, Searching,...
  7. Fixing C Stage 1 Problem Disk Checking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fixing C Stage 1 Problem Disk Checking: Hi everyone I have a disk check problem. I restarted my PC 2 days ago and it went to "Fixing C Stage 1" . I left it for about 12 hours and after Stage 5 it went back to Stage 1, yesterday it did the same thing and went to stage 1 after stage 5, today the same. I shut it down...
  8. check for updates in settings not working

check for updates in settings not working: the check for update setting is showing me an error for past 1 month and i cannot update windows [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-for-updates-in-settings-not-working/72fde537-7373-4fd7-adc1-608ed5b466ab
  9. Check for Updates is not working. 1803.

Check for Updates is not working. 1803.: I have had previous problems with updating to the Windows build 1903 with the error 0xc1900101. I have recently updated to the latest 1803 update OS Build: 17134.1345 KB4537795, I thought this might resolve this issue as I saw it in my Updates and Security in Windows...
  10. Windows update check problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update check problem: Hi I installed win10 and checked for updates but didn't install them. I turned on meter connection and defer updates AND "do not give me updates to other microsoft products" is OFF. Now, it is showing the previous search results. How can i recheck for updates with new...