Windows 10: Update Cleanup missing in Disk Cleanup

Discus and support Update Cleanup missing in Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just got another update today, still having this issue. I used to have "Windows Update Files" or something along those lines whenever I ran disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CountMike, Apr 4, 2018.

1. CountMike New Member

Update Cleanup missing in Disk Cleanup

"the last few builds" refers to windows.old folder that's shows up only after major upgrades/updates. It's supposed to be automatically deleted 10 days after those installs. After it's deleted it doesn't show in Disk Cleanup any more.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
  2. trashbag Win User

Yesterday I reset my PC. No apparent issues there, but after I installed the update today (KB4093112) I noticed that update cleanup was missing in the disk cleanup. Yes, I clicked "clean up system files".

"Update Cleanup" appears in the green scanning bar, but not in the actual results. I've lost an entire GB of space from the update, so obviously there are files to clean up.

I also tried using the extended disk cleanup with cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun: 65535 but that didn't manage to delete any update files either.

I've always used disk cleanup after every update before the reset, never had any problems that I can recall. Does update cleanup simply not appear after the first installed update after a reset or a fresh installation?

:)

trashbag, Apr 10, 2018
  3. No Windows Update Cleanup option in disk cleanup

Windows Update Cleanup option was not available for me in disk cleanup:

I have tried everything and... I finally enabled it by... changing diagnostic and usage data reporting setting to full (recommmended) in system settings menu:

Update Cleanup missing in Disk Cleanup [​IMG]

Update Cleanup missing in Disk Cleanup [​IMG]

Is there any way to enable Windows Update Cleanup and other windows update cleanup options without enabling full reporting?

Tomasz Kolowca, Apr 10, 2018
  4. Update Cleanup missing in Disk Cleanup

No Windows Update Cleanup option in disk cleanup

Hi Tomasz,

This option only becomes available when you enable full reporting. For your reference, I'm sharing with you these

tips to free up drive space on your PC

Let us know if you need further assistance.

JohnRod Nav, Apr 10, 2018
  5. CountMike New Member
    Just which update files are you looking for ? There are several folders that contain update files.
    Delivery optimization Files
    Windows Upgrade log files
    Windows old
    In last few builds, folder $WINDOWS.~BT used during update is automatically deleted after successful update.
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download is also emptied.

CountMike, Apr 10, 2018
  6. trashbag Win User
    Just got another update today, still having this issue.

I used to have "Windows Update Files" or something along those lines whenever I ran disk cleanup after an update, but now that doesn't appear in the list.

How far back would "the last few builds" be?

trashbag, Apr 23, 2018
  7. swarfega Win User
    I always prefer to do a clean format install. Reduces any issues that might arise.

swarfega, Apr 23, 2018
Thema:

Update Cleanup missing in Disk Cleanup

1. Update Cleanup missing in Disk Cleanup - Similar Threads - Update Cleanup missing

2. Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup: Hello all!I''ve a question, in pratically i do all the possible for trying to delete the "Windows Update cleanup" from my disk, but anything resolve the issue and still display that there are 1GB of cache of WUC, some fix to this mess? The last thing that i could do is do the...
  3. Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup: Hello all!I''ve a question, in pratically i do all the possible for trying to delete the "Windows Update cleanup" from my disk, but anything resolve the issue and still display that there are 1GB of cache of WUC, some fix to this mess? The last thing that i could do is do the...
  4. Disk Cleanup Stuck on Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup Stuck on Windows Update Cleanup: Windows CommunityUnable to clear 2.57 GB notice using Disk Cleanup, see figureI have attempted the following "fixes"ran "Windows Update" troubelshooterdeleted the "SoftwareDistribution" filecleared %temp% filesran an SFC scansran DISM scansran disk cleanup in clean...
  5. Disk Cleanup Stuck on Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Cleanup Stuck on Windows Update Cleanup: Windows CommunityUnable to clear 2.57 GB notice using Disk Cleanup, see figureI have attempted the following "fixes"Runs "Windows Update" troubelshooterDeleted the "SoftwareDistribution" filecleared %temp% filesrun an SFC scanrun a DISM scansrun disk cleanup in clean...
  6. Windows update cleanup missing after cancelling in the middle of disk cleanup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update cleanup missing after cancelling in the middle of disk cleanup: I'm using windows 10. After running disk cleanup, there was a windows update cleanup available. it showed that i could delete around 7 gb so i clicked to start deleting the file. but while it was running I regretted my decision and clicked to cancel it. after cancelling it, i...
  7. Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files

Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files: Usually, whenever I clear system files in the disk cleanup utility, all of the Windows Update Cleanup stuff goes away. However, recently is has been persistently coming back, which is very annoying, The size of the files is consistently around 54 MB. See screenshot below....
  8. Disk Cleanup not clearing Windows Update Cleanup

Disk Cleanup not clearing Windows Update Cleanup: I have been trying to clear my windows update cleanup for a bit now. I followed this answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-cleanup-dont-cleans-windows-update-cleanup/1ef71d60-64d5-4de0-ac98-fcb6834bcffa on this post. But it did not work for me. I...
  9. Missing Windows Update Cleanup after cancelling Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing Windows Update Cleanup after cancelling Disk Cleanup: I tried to be as concise as possible in the title but I will give as much info as I can here: I noticed my laptop was lagging a bit so I checked my disk space and noticed it was at about 11 GB. I decided to initiate Disk Cleanup via Setting-System-Storage-Free Up Space Now...
  10. Disk Cleanup is stuck on Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 News
    Disk Cleanup is stuck on Windows Update Cleanup: [ATTACH] The Disk Cleanup Utility is a handy built-in tool which can help to restore hard disk space. It can remove temporary files, old Windows files, Thumbnails, Delivery optimization files, Windows upgrade logs, and so on. Now if run the Disk Cleanup [...] This post Disk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk cleanup is missing windows update option