Windows 10: Update disabled USB Ports.

Discus and support Update disabled USB Ports. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 USB 3.0 Ports got Disabled after a recent failed update try. KB3081438 which downloads, but fails to install [HERE] The ports are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shadow Delta, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Update disabled USB Ports.

Windows 10 USB 3.0 Ports got Disabled after a recent failed update try.
    KB3081438 which downloads, but fails to install [HERE]

The ports are powered since i can connect my mobile to the 'disabled' ports and yet charge the device but cannot do any data transfer. But the USB 2 Port works fine without any problems. And this only happens in Windows since i tried booting using a live linux USB and it worked just fine, so this is a software issue with windows and I need to figure it out.

// I have already tried the basics like checking the settings in Device manager/Uninstalling the device and rebooting and other common trouble shooting tips form the net. Since there are no relevant solutions for windows 10 Problems yet on the net this is a place to start. //

Solved : Resolved the issue by manually Installing the Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller all ports working fine now.
    Step 2 : Go to Device manager -> System Devices -> eXtensible Host Controller and Update that. That will fix that. *Smile

:)

Shadow Delta, Aug 14, 2015

2. usb ports disabled

just upgraded windows 10 and the back usb ports are disabled and the device manager cannot find sticks keyboard when searched luckily i have a usb port in the front off my computer otherwise i wouldnt have a keyboard to type this message

diesel0113, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit keeps turning off my usb ports killing my keyboard while I am typing

Similar problems, first with Wifi card, then, a couple of months later, with two USB ports (with same driver). Windows made clear (if indirectly) where the problem was in the former case, but not in the second. In both cases, Control Panel> Device Manager
    showed that the associated hardware had been disabled (presumably on an update), because 'Windows had detected a problem with the hardware'. The solution was to disable the !-flagged device, then enable it. (Updating the driver had no effect.)

When Windows 10 disabled the USB port it disabled both mouse and keyboard; fortunately two other USB ports were still enabled and so switching them over restored access to the computer. Had Windows disabled all the USB ports, I'd have been properly stymied.
    Concur entirely with DanielStarseer's remark.

White Finch, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Update disabled USB Ports.

1. Update disabled USB Ports. - Similar Threads - Update disabled USB

2. USB ports and bluetooth disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports and bluetooth disabled: 2 days ago, my laptop experienced blue screen. After rebooting it, the USB ports and bluetooth function has been disabled.Both of these options also can't be found in device manager. I've clicked 'show hidden devices', yet both of them still can't be found.Following are the...
  3. USB ports and bluetooth disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB ports and bluetooth disabled: 2 days ago, my laptop experienced blue screen. After rebooting it, the USB ports and bluetooth function has been disabled.Both of these options also can't be found in device manager. I've clicked 'show hidden devices', yet both of them still can't be found.Following are the...
  4. KB5015807 disabled two usb ports

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5015807 disabled two usb ports: After pushing off 2022-06 because it broke ICS. I finally updated to 2022-07 because it fixes the ICS issue and now two of my usb ports that I had my keyboard and mouse connected to do not work. What is going on over there? This is getting insane! Will the next update just...
  5. Windows update disabled all of my usb ports.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update disabled all of my usb ports.: Hello Mirosoft team,After the recent update, I am unable to use any usb ports on my desktop pc. Due to this issue, I cannot sign into my computer since I cannot use my mouse or keyboard. I'm also unable to start safe mode or the troubleshooting options by shutting down the...
  6. Windows update disabled all of my usb ports.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update disabled all of my usb ports.: Hello Mirosoft team,After the recent update, I am unable to use any usb ports on my desktop pc. Due to this issue, I cannot sign into my computer since I cannot use my mouse or keyboard. I'm also unable to start safe mode or the troubleshooting options by shutting down the...
  7. Windows update disabled all of my usb ports.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. DISABLE USB PORT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISABLE USB PORT: HI, I FOOLISHLY DISABLED USB PORT OPTION FROM BIOS NOW NEITHER KEYBOARD NOR MOUSE IS WORKING PLEASE HELP ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-usb-port/0ed72132-5610-414c-b7cf-ed6add623b1c
  9. Disable a USB Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable a USB Port: Im having a hughe problem with a USB Port on my laptop I accidently rmoved a small blsck piece from the USB Port and now windows its showing an annoying icon and playing a sound that notification is making my computer stop working specially youtube, it pauses the video how...
  10. USB ports disabled after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports disabled after windows update: I ran a windows update last night and now today none of my usb devices work the mouse is lit up but does not actually do anything. Any help would be appreciated as my computer is usuable at the moment....