Windows 10: Update does not seem to be working

Discus and support Update does not seem to be working in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Did a clean install a couple weeks ago (Win 10 Pro 64bit v1709, build 16299.309). However, every time I check for updates I get 'you are up to date'.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rzn6jw, Apr 2, 2018.

1. rzn6jw Win User

Update does not seem to be working

Did a clean install a couple weeks ago (Win 10 Pro 64bit v1709, build 16299.309). However, every time I check for updates I get 'you are up to date'. However, my wife's 10 Pro (same version and build) has updated several time since December and is currently installing KB4089848. The only updates I have are KB890830 and KB4088776.

Any ideas why I'm not getting updates?

:)

rzn6jw, Apr 2, 2018
  2. Jane Pin Win User

Family Safety does not seem to be working with Windows 10 Mobile

Hello!

You may try to do soft reset on your phone. This method will not remove anything at all from your phone, and it is completely safe to attempt in any situation. Please follow the steps:

1. Make sure your phone is turned on.

2. Press and hold the volume down and Power buttons until your phone vibrates and restarts.

Take note that you should not touch the device screen during the process (not even when the 'slide down to power off' prompt appears).

Feel free to contact us if you need further assistance, thanks!

Jane Pin, Apr 2, 2018
  3. CD613 Win User
    Family Safety does not seem to be working with Windows 10 Mobile

I have setup the Microsoft Family Safety accounts on my Windows 10 Desktop, both for the Parent and Child accounts. It is working great on my Windows 10 Desktop and is filtering out websites correctly. But, I cannot get it to work correctly on my Windows
    10 Mobile phone. It does not seem to be blocking, filtering or setting up limits when using Microsoft Edge on my Windows 10 Mobile phone.

Has anyone had any success in setting this up?

CD613, Apr 2, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Apr 2, 2018
  5. rzn6jw Win User
    It said that the Windows Store App might be corrupted and fixed it. Nothing about Update.

rzn6jw, Apr 2, 2018
  6. Berton Win User
    When I have difficulties I go to Settings, Update & Security then scroll the right side down to Learn More. Links there will allow downloading an Offline Installer of the latest build which now is 16299.334. I did have an issue in February where the Windows Update picked up the Delta version of that installer and wouldn't install so I got the Offline and fixed it. The Delta version is for those computers that are otherwise fully up-to-date and is a bit smaller in the download.

Berton, Apr 2, 2018
  7. EdTittel Win User
    Try running Windows Update MiniTool (WUMT). I find it often works, and clears out update issues, even when Windows Update is itself misbehaving.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 2, 2018
  8. rzn6jw Win User

I didn't see a selection for an offline installer for .334.

rzn6jw, Apr 2, 2018
  9. mrgeek Win User
    mrgeek, Apr 2, 2018
  10. Berton Win User
    Sometimes one has to look for the KB number associated with the build, in this case it would be KB4089848.

Berton, Apr 2, 2018
  11. rzn6jw Win User
    Manually ran the update tool and I'm now at .334. Will check the update status regularly.

Thanks, everyone, for your help.

rzn6jw, Apr 3, 2018
  12. EdTittel Win User
    Glad you got it sorted. Good job!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Update does not seem to be working - Similar Threads - Update does seem

2. Windows update seems to be not working at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update seems to be not working at all.: Windows update cannot be started. And the windows update settings are not working.Reply if you think you have the fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-seems-to-be-not-working-at-all/ec1cd6e1-56af-4033-a512-667c664f1e9e
  3. Windows update seems to be not working at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update seems to be not working at all.: Windows update cannot be started. And the windows update settings are not working.Reply if you think you have the fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-seems-to-be-not-working-at-all/ec1cd6e1-56af-4033-a512-667c664f1e9e
  4. Plug&Play seems to not work properly, does it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Plug&Play seems to not work properly, does it?: I use some business tablet for win 10. I need to use hub because it has only one normal USB slot and2 of those godawfull USB type C's. The hub tends to often disconnect for a moment when I adjust postion of the tablet. It weren't big of an issue for like 6 months untill now....
  5. file history does not seem to be working correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file history does not seem to be working correctly: This past June I got an update that killed my file history backups to my NAS I have spent many hours since trying to get it functioning correctly again. Prior, I was backing up three drives. On my NAS' folder, I had three drive letters plus $of. It took forever for the...
  6. SwapMouseButton function does not seem to work

SwapMouseButton function does not seem to work: Hello, I am SwapMouseButton function to change the primary mouse button from right to left. It seems work, the mouse buttons are swapped, and I can go check in the settings and see that they are indeed swapped... BUT, If I reboot the computer, the setting goes back to...
  7. Print test page seems to work but does not actually print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print test page seems to work but does not actually print: I have a new Windows 10 (1903) machine with a USB-attached receipt printer (Ithaca BankJet 2500 for information's sake). I connect it using a USB printer port. It looks like it installs fine, but when I try to print a test page, it goes through the motions (you can see the "1...
  8. powershell help does not seem to work

powershell help does not seem to work: When I try help in powershell i don't get any help. I get as given in pic. [img] What to do to get proper help? 113981
  9. Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working.

Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working.: Let's say I do: Get-appxpackage *onenote* and Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote* And I find there are entries for this product. So, I run: Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage And I find that the localuser does not have the package, but...
  10. Auto play does not seem to be working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Auto play does not seem to be working.: These are my settings, flash drives do not open explorer when plugged in. Nothing happening when I drop in a Blu-ray, nothing happening when I drop in a blank CD *Sad They show up in Explorer, but no auto play happening at all. Any ideas why not ? TIA *Smile 68148