Windows 10: Update does not seem to be working

Discus and support Update does not seem to be working in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Did a clean install a couple weeks ago (Win 10 Pro 64bit v1709, build 16299.309). However, every time I check for updates I get 'you are up to date'.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rzn6jw, Apr 2, 2018.

1. rzn6jw Win User

Update does not seem to be working

Did a clean install a couple weeks ago (Win 10 Pro 64bit v1709, build 16299.309). However, every time I check for updates I get 'you are up to date'. However, my wife's 10 Pro (same version and build) has updated several time since December and is currently installing KB4089848. The only updates I have are KB890830 and KB4088776.

Any ideas why I'm not getting updates?

:)

rzn6jw, Apr 2, 2018
  2. Jane Pin Win User

Family Safety does not seem to be working with Windows 10 Mobile

Hello!

You may try to do soft reset on your phone. This method will not remove anything at all from your phone, and it is completely safe to attempt in any situation. Please follow the steps:

1. Make sure your phone is turned on.

2. Press and hold the volume down and Power buttons until your phone vibrates and restarts.

Take note that you should not touch the device screen during the process (not even when the 'slide down to power off' prompt appears).

Feel free to contact us if you need further assistance, thanks!

Jane Pin, Apr 2, 2018
  3. CD613 Win User
    Family Safety does not seem to be working with Windows 10 Mobile

I have setup the Microsoft Family Safety accounts on my Windows 10 Desktop, both for the Parent and Child accounts. It is working great on my Windows 10 Desktop and is filtering out websites correctly. But, I cannot get it to work correctly on my Windows
    10 Mobile phone. It does not seem to be blocking, filtering or setting up limits when using Microsoft Edge on my Windows 10 Mobile phone.

Has anyone had any success in setting this up?

CD613, Apr 2, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Apr 2, 2018
  5. rzn6jw Win User
    It said that the Windows Store App might be corrupted and fixed it. Nothing about Update.

rzn6jw, Apr 2, 2018
  6. Berton Win User
    When I have difficulties I go to Settings, Update & Security then scroll the right side down to Learn More. Links there will allow downloading an Offline Installer of the latest build which now is 16299.334. I did have an issue in February where the Windows Update picked up the Delta version of that installer and wouldn't install so I got the Offline and fixed it. The Delta version is for those computers that are otherwise fully up-to-date and is a bit smaller in the download.

Berton, Apr 2, 2018
  7. EdTittel Win User
    Try running Windows Update MiniTool (WUMT). I find it often works, and clears out update issues, even when Windows Update is itself misbehaving.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 2, 2018
  8. rzn6jw Win User

I didn't see a selection for an offline installer for .334.

rzn6jw, Apr 2, 2018
  9. mrgeek Win User
    mrgeek, Apr 2, 2018
  10. Berton Win User
    Sometimes one has to look for the KB number associated with the build, in this case it would be KB4089848.

Berton, Apr 2, 2018
  11. rzn6jw Win User
    Manually ran the update tool and I'm now at .334. Will check the update status regularly.

Thanks, everyone, for your help.

rzn6jw, Apr 3, 2018
  12. EdTittel Win User
    Glad you got it sorted. Good job!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Update does not seem to be working - Similar Threads - Update does seem

2. Print test page seems to work but does not actually print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print test page seems to work but does not actually print: I have a new Windows 10 (1903) machine with a USB-attached receipt printer (Ithaca BankJet 2500 for information's sake). I connect it using a USB printer port. It looks like it installs fine, but when I try to print a test page, it goes through the motions (you can see the "1...
  3. Latest windows update doesn't seem to work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows update doesn't seem to work.: [IMG]n Every option brings me back here, because it can't troublshoot properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-windows-update-doesnt-seem-to-work/8ffb9f23-0148-4c38-8d58-58709c328e18
  4. powershell help does not seem to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    powershell help does not seem to work: When I try help in powershell i don't get any help. I get as given in pic. [img] What to do to get proper help? 113981
  5. time server does not seem to be syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    time server does not seem to be syncing: ok, so, i have a bit strange problem: syncing with an internet time server manually does the trick of getting the correct time all the time, but then, next day I have another 2 hours missing on my windows clock and some other program have a strange behavior. for example...
  6. Deferring updates does not work.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deferring updates does not work.: I'm having some real problems with KB3176493 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems. After the update one of my disk drives disappears. The disk (D*Smile is my main data drive. C: is purely for Windows and applications. Both C: and D: are two disk...
  7. Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working.: Let's say I do: Get-appxpackage *onenote* and Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote* And I find there are entries for this product. So, I run: Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage And I find that the localuser does not have the package, but...
  8. Windows Update does not work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update does not work: I have tried most of the recommended fixes for Windows Update and have not solved my problem. Windows Update checks for updates for many many minutes and then says it could not update and to check later. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 84552
  9. Auto play does not seem to be working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Auto play does not seem to be working.: These are my settings, flash drives do not open explorer when plugged in. Nothing happening when I drop in a Blu-ray, nothing happening when I drop in a blank CD *Sad They show up in Explorer, but no auto play happening at all. Any ideas why not ? TIA *Smile 68148
  10. Run Robocopy to backup file on shutdown, does not seem to work.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Run Robocopy to backup file on shutdown, does not seem to work.: I want to run Robocopy to copy my Money 2005 file every shutdown, I know Money has a backup facility but when my wife runs Money on her laptop (Using Homegroup) there is always a backup conflict with my PC and if I open Money and try to backup I get the same problem in...