Windows 10: Update Driver Software does nothing

Discus and support Update Driver Software does nothing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm attempting to install a driver using Device Manager. When I right click then click Update Driver Software, it does nothing. Same for when I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Galane, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Galane Win User

Update Driver Software does nothing

I'm attempting to install a driver using Device Manager. When I right click then click Update Driver Software, it does nothing. Same for when I click Properties and click the update there.

I've tried clicking Uninstall on the device, it give the warning for uninstalling, but does nothing, the device is still shown. Same for Disable.

I am logged in with Administrator rights.

:)

Galane, Dec 21, 2016
  2. amrok90 Win User

Software Updater does not detect 5800

Hi!

Yes, I understand that writing here does not make much sense as it's unlikely I'll get help from the nokia guys here. But, just to calm down myself, here are the great things about nokia software:

Updater does not detects 5800. I've reinstalled everything as it's stated (as, according to FAQ, sometimes the drivers may get corrupt). Restarted the PC. Nothing happened.

One more great thing about PC Suite. If you press Update Software icon and you don't have the Software Updater installed, then nothing will happen. Just nothing. Why should it tell you that you need the Software Updater to finish this operation?

Regards.

amrok90, Dec 21, 2016
  3. newedb Win User
    Playing audio CD's on Windows 10

Tried everything to no avail.

VLC, registry editing, CD driver updating, just nothing works.

The computer recognizes that there is an audio cd in the drive, just does not play it. no matter what software I tried.

newedb, Dec 21, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

What driver and what format is the update file ie an install or a .inf file

Samuria, Dec 22, 2016
  5. Galane Win User
    There's an installer. It went through all the motions without popping up any error, but apparently didn't actually install. I extracted the file and right clicked and clicked install on the .inf. Same result. Said it installed but nothing.

It's the "global" x64 driver for Leadtek video capture/TV tuner cards. Newest OS it claims to support is Win 7. I don't care about the NTSC tuner, just want the bt878 capture working. This particular card ignores copy protection, which is a good thing because many home recorded VHS tapes tend to be mis-detected as having it.

Galane, Dec 22, 2016
  6. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Dec 22, 2016
  7. Galane Win User
    Can I re-enable signing after installing the drivers, if they will install? It's a Leadtek WinFast TV2000XP. Bt878 based.

Edit: Not UEFI on this motherboard.

Galane, Dec 22, 2016
  8. Galane Win User

The major issue here is Device Manager is not allowing me to *try* to do a manual driver selection on *any* device. When I click the button to update I should get the process to chose a driver that's installed, or one from a folder elsewhere.

It used to work, IIRC before the 1607 update. I noticed that the process is essentially exactly the same as it has been in every version since Windows 95. Makes the user wade through a bunch of useless stuff to get to where one can *finally* aim it at a folder somewhere - and the default location is still, after all these years, Floppy Drive A:. The end of that is where it should start, because if the user is having to resort to manually installing a driver, it's most likely *not included with Windows*.

Galane, Dec 22, 2016
  9. Galane Win User
    I enabled the hidden Administrator account then logged in with it. That account has full access to do things in Device Manager.

Has Microsoft decided to *help* by stripping some access from other Administrator level accounts?

Galane, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Update Driver Software does nothing - Similar Threads - Update Driver Software

2. update software drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update software drivers: how do i update software drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-software-drivers/ed74ba83-03c5-4464-889a-21b0e0d664f4
  3. update software drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    update software drivers: how do i update software drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-software-drivers/ed74ba83-03c5-4464-889a-21b0e0d664f4
  4. update software drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Update driver software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update driver software: I try to update my Bluetooth portable device to MTB USB device but It was showing Window found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it MTP USB device The system cannot find the path specified If you know the manufacturer of your...
  6. software and drivers update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    software and drivers update: HI I have a question I own an older HP laptop,is 13years old,is in agood shape and working great,the only problem is HP no longer give updates to older laptops or computers,so how can I update my older laptop? is any way to do this with ther party updates ?apreciate alitle...
  7. software and drivers update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    software and drivers update: HI I have a question I own an older HP laptop,is 13years old,is in agood shape and working great,the only problem is HP no longer give updates to older laptops or computers,so how can I update my older laptop? is any way to do this with ther party updates ?apreciate alitle...
  8. software and drivers update

9. Driver updating software?

Driver updating software?: Hi, Anyone used a driver updater that looks for new driver software updates? Could please recommend any? I was using Avast Driver Updater, but I'm wanting something better. 178352
  10. Driver Update software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Driver Update software: Driver Update is a "program" is it a scam, what is its true cost? is it worth it? Your experie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-update-software/cb67efa9-9ebf-4785-b211-0dc691da26f0