Windows 10: Update Drivers using 3rd party software?

Discus and support Update Drivers using 3rd party software? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just installed Driver Agent Plus and it shows 13 out of date drivers. Should I rely on Windows 10 to update necessary drivers or should I use a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Polterry, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Polterry Win User

Update Drivers using 3rd party software?

I have just installed Driver Agent Plus and it shows 13 out of date drivers. Should I rely on Windows 10 to update necessary drivers or should I use a 3rd party program? If the latter is Driver Agent Plus a good choice.?
    My set-up is as I want it and I am a bit concerned new drivers will cause problems. I know for example that my old printer does not work properly with latest driver but is fine with older version.

:)

Polterry, Sep 17, 2016
  2. UtkuQG Win User

I messed up my drivers using a 3rd party program. Inputmapper/scpds3

So I did all that, what's next?

My controller still doesn't get recognized by InputMapper, but I don't know if you know how to help with that?

There were no problems found during the scans

UtkuQG, Sep 17, 2016
  3. I messed up my drivers using a 3rd party program. Inputmapper/scpds3

Hi,

At this point, the drivers may not function correctly while in a normal state. We suggest booting your computer in
    clean boot then update the drivers. Once done, boot the computer normally then run
    SFC and DISM.

These steps will effectively "clean" the computer. If we come across an error code with SFC or DISM, we can start troubleshooting from there.

Let us know if you need more help.

Jairit Bet, Sep 17, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

I do not recommend these updater services. If you're happy with the performance of your PC as it is, I would leave it.

I prefer to periodically go to the manufacturer's website manually to check for updates, then you're sure you're getting the right driver.

swarfega, Sep 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Update Drivers using 3rd party software? - Similar Threads - Update Drivers using

2. Windows Updates Blocking 3rd Party Software?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Blocking 3rd Party Software?!: I have heard ugly rumours that Windows 11 updates especially 24H2 are blocking 3rd party software such as StartAllBack. Is this true? If so, is there a work-around other than stopping upgrading Windows? If Microsoft is starting to do this, maybe it's finally time for a switch...
  3. Windows Updates Blocking 3rd Party Software?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates Blocking 3rd Party Software?!: I have heard ugly rumours that Windows 11 updates especially 24H2 are blocking 3rd party software such as StartAllBack. Is this true? If so, is there a work-around other than stopping upgrading Windows? If Microsoft is starting to do this, maybe it's finally time for a switch...
  4. Blocking me from 3rd party driver/software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking me from 3rd party driver/software: hello I recently bought a hp printer and I need to make an update on the 3rd party/ software but my pc is not allowing me to update or install it. Can you please help ?thanks Marcus....
  5. Use of legacy 3rd party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use of legacy 3rd party software: With Windows 11 can I still run legacy 3rd party software as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-legacy-3rd-party-software/3a0dbfaa-5718-4f40-b531-6589e1a35fdd
  6. Use of legacy 3rd party software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use of legacy 3rd party software: With Windows 11 can I still run legacy 3rd party software as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-legacy-3rd-party-software/3a0dbfaa-5718-4f40-b531-6589e1a35fdd
  7. Using 3rd Party Imaging Software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using 3rd Party Imaging Software: When creating a disk image is it necessary to backup all partitions on the diskor only c:?What would happen when try to restore an image of c:,will it try to delete all other partitions or simply replace c:?Also, Window Disk Management is reporting 2 drives C: and Disk 0...
  8. Install 3rd Party Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install 3rd Party Software: I attempted to install 3rd party software (IObit Uninstaller) by double-clicking on the downloaded .exe file in my Download folder. I received the following Windows 10 message window: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...
  9. 3rd party software update failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3rd party software update failed: I am trying to install GarminExpress on my laptop to update my GPS but the installation fails. Garmin says it has something to do with my account or my security on my laptop but I haven't the foggiest idea what it could possibly be. I have no idea what to do to change...
  10. 3rd party antivirus software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd party antivirus software: I'm thinking about getting Trend Micro antivirus software for my laptop. Is Trend Micro compatible with Windows 10 Home version 1803? Has anyone used Trend Micro and if so, how do you like it? Thank you for your time....