Windows 10: Update failed to install

Discus and support Update failed to install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3122947) failed to install. I ran check for updates, it said my system was up to date.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by oldspook, Dec 12, 2015.

1. oldspook Win User

Update failed to install

Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3122947) failed to install. I ran check for updates, it said my system was up to date.

Looking at update history, there are only 2 updates listed, where are all the other updates?

Windows 10 update system sucks, give me the old manual update system.

:)

oldspook, Dec 12, 2015

2. Windows 10 failed install, failed to revert to previous OS

Thank you for the reply.

The PC is an Acer all in one but I'm unable to remember/locate the model.

Prior to attempting the upgrade we did unplug all devices except for the mouse and keyboard. We had Avast installed for antivirus but we made sure that we disabled this before upgrading.

We get no error messages, but when trying various ways to try and fix the issue I did receive a message saying that OS Loader could not be found

Leon Lonsdale, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 failed install, failed to revert to previous OS

Hi Leon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Do you have any third party security program installed on the PC?

• Do you get any error code or error messages?

As of now, I suggest you to disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then boot up.

If this corrects the issue then add the devices back one at a time until you discover the piece of hardware causing the issue.

Please get back to us with a reply so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 12, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Update failed to install

davidhk, Dec 12, 2015
Thema:

Update failed to install

1. Update failed to install - Similar Threads - Update failed install

2. Update fails to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update fails to install: The latest Window 10 update downloads, but does not install: giving an error message code 0x80070643. My computer and keyboard are from Sony and purchased over 9 years ago....
  3. Update installation failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update installation failed: Trying to get the latest build of Windows 11. My machine came to Windows 11 already so I should assume that there is no compatibility issue about the system, however with the latest release of 22H2 I try to update my system but it is having issue. I got error message and I...
  4. Update installation failed

Update installation failed: Trying to get the latest build of Windows 11. My machine came to Windows 11 already so I should assume that there is no compatibility issue about the system, however with the latest release of 22H2 I try to update my system but it is having issue. I got error message and I...
  5. Failed Update Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed Update Install: Hello, My computer will not allow me to download and install the new cumulative update recommended by windows. It brings up a yellow exclamation point and just says failed. Please advise how to rectify this situation as I have never had any issues downloading or installing...
  6. Update Failed to install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update Failed to install: Hello, so yesterday I completed an update, the update being the 2021-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB5001028) update, everything downloaded and installed properly and when I went to do a restart for it to complete the changes I...
  7. Update failed to install

Update failed to install: Automatic update failed to install 2020-11 Cumulative update preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 2004 for X64 KB 4586876. "Could not complete install because an update service was shutting down" System said "Failed to install on 12/3/2020 -...
  8. Update failed to install

Update failed to install: 2019-12 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1909 forx64-based systems (KB453084) failed to install error code Ox80242016. I tried running the update troubleshooter but have no idea what to do next. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you...
  9. Installing failed updates

Installing failed updates: I want to install 3 failed updates from 10-2-19, but when I go to the Microsoft Update Catalog and click "Download" on the appropriate updates, nothing happens. Nothing downloads! Does anyone know how to make this work? Thanks much!...
  10. update installation failed

update installation failed: I failed to install update: 2018-07 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4338819). I saw an error code 0x800f0922. I have to say that 2018-06 cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4284835) also failed with...