Windows 10: Update Failed

Discus and support Update Failed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I've been trying to update my windows 10 for a few months now with no luck. I have tried looking for a solution online but nothing works. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by David._311, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Update Failed

Hi I've been trying to update my windows 10 for a few months now with no luck. I have tried looking for a solution online but nothing works.

This is the error message that I get when it fails: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 - Error 0x8007054f

Any tips?

:)

David._311, Jul 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 27, 2018
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jul 27, 2018
  4. jds21 Win User

Update Failed

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Update Failed

1. Update Failed - Similar Threads - Update Failed

2. Windows Update Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Failed: hello, I'm experiencing updates failed in my windows 11 updates "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet." this is what it is saying for a week but no...
  3. Windows Update Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Failed: hello, I'm experiencing updates failed in my windows 11 updates "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet." this is what it is saying for a week but no...
  4. i was updating my windows and it has update 23h2 KB5036893 but it was failing several times...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i was updating my windows and it has update 23h2 KB5036893 but it was failing several times...: few days ago i was updating my laptop and this update came for 23h2 KB5036893 but it was failing several times even after retrying. it was showing error 0x80070002. on task manager when the download starts, windows module installer works but after some times it fails. what...
  5. i was updating my windows and it has update 23h2 KB5036893 but it was failing several times...

i was updating my windows and it has update 23h2 KB5036893 but it was failing several times...: few days ago i was updating my laptop and this update came for 23h2 KB5036893 but it was failing several times even after retrying. it was showing error 0x80070002. on task manager when the download starts, windows module installer works but after some times it fails. what...
  6. Windows update fail - Error 'Problem installing updates 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update fail - Error 'Problem installing updates 0x80070643: HI there,We're trying to update couple of PC's and laptop to the latest version of 22H2, however the updates failing with error 'Error 'Problem installing updates 0x80070643' have tried all things suggested as per your KB article and no go.Can you please guide me on what to...
  7. Windows update fail - Error 'Problem installing updates 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update fail - Error 'Problem installing updates 0x80070643: HI there,We're trying to update couple of PC's and laptop to the latest version of 22H2, however the updates failing with error 'Error 'Problem installing updates 0x80070643' have tried all things suggested as per your KB article and no go.Can you please guide me on what to...
  8. Windows update fail - Error 'Problem installing updates 0x80070643

9. typical latest windows update fails as avertised, KB5036892 how to make it actual take??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typical latest windows update fails as avertised, KB5036892 how to make it actual take??: puter not taking update caught in stupid microsoft loop. Does NOT help to reboot clean boot or any type of re-booting so don't bother telling me to do that. Waste my time & Yours Tell puter to update and re-start not working at all KB5036892 how do I get it to actually update...
  10. typical latest windows update fails as avertised, KB5036892 how to make it actual take??

typical latest windows update fails as avertised, KB5036892 how to make it actual take??: puter not taking update caught in stupid microsoft loop. Does NOT help to reboot clean boot or any type of re-booting so don't bother telling me to do that. Waste my time & Yours Tell puter to update and re-start not working at all KB5036892 how do I get it to actually update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Feature update to Windows 10 version 1809 Failed to install on ‎05-‎Oct-‎18 - 0x80240034

2. KB4480979 keeps failing

3. kb4480116 error 0x80240034