Windows 10: Update freezes at 99% which was originally Windows 7

Discus and support Update freezes at 99% which was originally Windows 7 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an AcerAspire notebook which was originally Windows 7.It is now Windows 10 version 1709 OS build 16299.522.I have tried 4 times to update with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Terrysutt, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Terrysutt Win User

Update freezes at 99% which was originally Windows 7

I have an AcerAspire notebook which was originally Windows 7.It is now Windows 10 version 1709 OS build 16299.522.I have tried 4 times to update with the Windows Update Assistant but each time it froze at 99%.
    I ran the troubleshooter and it finished with the message"Potential Windows Update database error detected
    not fixed".When I click on Windows update in settings it tells me your machine is up to date checked today.Does this mean that 1709 is the furthest I can go with updates on this particular notebook?

:)

Terrysutt, Jul 2, 2018
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Jul 2, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update freezes at 99% which was originally Windows 7 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 2, 2018
  4. Karen Her Win User

Windows update freezes

Hi,

If your Windows 10 freezes while updating, it could be due to corrupted or incompatible drivers or system files, or third-party application conflicts. We suggest you to run the
    Windows Update troubleshooter, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar, and press
      Enter on the keyboard.
    • Go to Troubleshooting.
    • Click View All.
    • Right-click on Windows Update from the list.
    • Select Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we recommend you to follow the instructions provided by Andre Da Costa in this
    thread.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Update freezes at 99% which was originally Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Update freezes 99%

2. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot: Hi. By the last regular W10 Update last week my W stucks on reboot.I waited 1 night and made a hard reset but no changes.Then 3 reboots after hours with same result .I dont know the kb number, who would remember..?What can i do?Thx...
  3. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot: Hi. By the last regular W10 Update last week my W stucks on reboot.I waited 1 night and made a hard reset but no changes.Then 3 reboots after hours with same result .I dont know the kb number, who would remember..?What can i do?Thx...
  4. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating: Yesterday I saw that there was a yellow icon alerting me that there was a new update and I decided to click on "update and restart" as I had the night before on my desktop which I am currently writing on. After a few minutes it reached 99% and promptly froze, stuck on a blue...
  6. Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating: Yesterday I saw that there was a yellow icon alerting me that there was a new update and I decided to click on "update and restart" as I had the night before on my desktop which I am currently writing on. After a few minutes it reached 99% and promptly froze, stuck on a blue...
  7. Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating

8. windows update stuck at 99%

windows update stuck at 99%: hello there Microsoft community I was on my PC when I realized I had to update my PC to the version 20H2 October 2020 update I went to settings and I updated it but i realized it was stuck on 99% i have waited for 6 hours now and still no hope [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 2004 update freezing at 99%

Windows 10 2004 update freezing at 99%: guys, i have tried everything i can find on the forums but still the update is going all the way to 99% and then just hanging. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-2004-update-freezing-at-99/1b6af4f8-31fb-4064-ab33-b717ca259b4f
  10. Resetting computer which originally had Win 7 and was updated to Win 1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Resetting computer which originally had Win 7 and was updated to Win 1: Is it possible to reset a computer which originally had Windows 7 and was upgraded to Windows 10? I want it back to the way it was AFTER the upgrade, just as if it had been a new computer with Win 10 installed. I have backed up all data files (and have all software for...