Windows 10: Update from Windows 7 changes Firewall Settings?

Discus and support Update from Windows 7 changes Firewall Settings? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been finding computers on our network that have password protected sharing turned on suddenly. One of them just upgraded (automagically) to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fred3, Mar 10, 2016.

1. fred3 Win User

Update from Windows 7 changes Firewall Settings?

I've been finding computers on our network that have password protected sharing turned on suddenly. One of them just upgraded (automagically) to Windows 10. If that's going to happen, what are the "rules"?

Another example, cross subnet File Sharing lost all of the subnet information.

:)

fred3, Mar 10, 2016

2. Windows 10 cannot connect to update

I have exact problem. I have also upgraded from Window 7. In one of the forums there was a possible solution that the window's firewall does not allow the updates to deliver. I turned off firewall and tried to update. It worked. But after turning on the
    firewall the same problem persists.

So now I have to manually turn off the firewall and do the update and then turn on the firewall which is like crazy thing to do.

Please find a solution to this, would really appreciate

manish_user, Mar 10, 2016
  3. crsam Win User
    Windows firewall VS Norton firewall?

Now running windows 10 from win 7, 64 bit, Norton security protection. Have firewall question.

Does it matter which firewall I use, is one better than the other? the reason I'm asking is when windows firewall is turned off, windows updates failed messages are received with error code:

0x80073D0A

I turn windows firewall back on and then the failed updates install properly. Therefore I'm thinking of turning off Norton firewall and using windows firewall until this is fixed. Please advise, thanks.

crsam, Mar 10, 2016
Thema:

Update from Windows 7 changes Firewall Settings?

1. Update from Windows 7 changes Firewall Settings? - Similar Threads - Update changes Firewall

2. Cannot change windows firewall settings - error 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change windows firewall settings - error 0x800706d9: Hello.I cannot change any settings on my Windows Defender Firewall. When I do so, I receive this error. I there any way to fix this?Thank you for your help.Rudi...
  3. Cannot change windows firewall settings - error 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change windows firewall settings - error 0x800706d9: Hello.I cannot change any settings on my Windows Defender Firewall. When I do so, I receive this error. I there any way to fix this?Thank you for your help.Rudi...
  4. Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows firewall cannot be set as the default firewall: Hi.Problem description:- I has some problem with Defender firewall and when I'm trying to run troubleshooter from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-problems-with-windows-firewall-513e9cf8-19ae-d579-2092-d5e64fe06f5fI receive the...
  5. I can't change Windows Defender Firewall settings in services

I can't change Windows Defender Firewall settings in services: I'm trying to fix my Windows defender, Cortana, Microphone, etc. because a virus damaged my computer. I deleted the virus with Mcafee and fully scanned my pc with Mcafee and Gridinsoft and the pc is clean. I tried millions of solutions to repair windows defender, microphone...
  6. Can't Start Windows Defender Firewall or Change Settings

Can't Start Windows Defender Firewall or Change Settings: I got a notification at the bottom of the screen on my desktop computer saying Firewall had been turned off click here to fix. It opened up Windows Defender Firewall under Control Panel. But I can't get anything to work. Click on "use recommended settings", nothing happens....
  7. firewall settings

firewall settings: I want to know how I can allow "coreldraw2017 whats the font" to be used on my desktop, it is being blocked by my firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-settings/af29a469-3dbb-4fe3-bf7c-4a820edeabb3"
  8. Change from windows 10 to 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change from windows 10 to 7: Hi , I am now on Windows 10 system But the games are slow and have some commentary If I switch to Windows 7 will be better ?? .. I guess so + How do I convert to Windows 7?...
  9. Impossible to change any firewall settings

Impossible to change any firewall settings: I need to add new rules to windows firewall but any change I do is not saved at all. If I disable the firewall, a window on bottom right corner says firewall is off but when I open firewall settings again, its turned on. And this goes for any setting I try to change. All...
  10. updates change network and firewall settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    updates change network and firewall settings: this is the 3rd update since installing windows 10, and the 3rd time ms has decided to change networking, anti-virus and firewall settings. each time homegroup is turned on, my home network becomes public, network discovery is turned off, all network security settings are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firewall update changes