Windows 10: Update glitch

Discus and support Update glitch in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After Win 10 updates the desktop won't return after clicking the mouse. The CPU on switch is lit, however. I have to manually shut down and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by arnnad, May 11, 2016.

1. arnnad Win User

Update glitch

After Win 10 updates the desktop won't return after clicking the mouse. The CPU on switch is lit, however. I have to manually shut down and then restart. It functions properly after doing so. This has happened after each update.
    I also have to report something semi miraculous. After installing Win 10 in Feb. the computer would crash on virtually a daily basis, giving me a variety of kernel error messages, but I could never find the specific problem. About 10 days ago, this suddenly stopped. Aside from the possibility the PC was reading my evil thoughts I can take no credit for curing the problem. I'm curious if others have experienced this unexpected improvement.

Any ideas about the restart issue?

Thanks

:)

arnnad, May 11, 2016

2. Cleanmgr.exe glitch? Or Windows Update glitch? Or normal?

Hi,

Since there's no issue/problem when doing a defrag. We suggest that you just continue and disregard the inaccurate information given.

Regards.

Radney Dri, May 11, 2016
  3. Cleanmgr.exe glitch? Or Windows Update glitch? Or normal?

I clean and defrag my HDD every 2-3 months manually. They usually function fine, but today, this happens.

I only have a 500GB HDD, but how can cleanmgr.exe manage to find nearly 4TB of trash from Windows Update? That's 8 times of content my HDD will ever hold.
    Update glitch [​IMG]

AlexanderLeung, May 11, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Update glitch

Not completely understanding the first sentences. " Won't return after clicking mouse", so is this after a restart from installing an update ?
    CPU on switch ? Light on the case ? Is this the original kernel error do you recall, Kernel Security Check failure ? If so possible driver issues.

jds63, May 11, 2016
  5. arnnad Win User
    Sorry for my limited my terminology. After the update the PC is in sleep mode. Normally left clicking the mouse restores Windows but this has no effect following the update. I note the main CPU on/off switch is lit and in order to restore windows I have to push the on/off switch, holding till off, then pushing to restart. The PC then operates normally. Re: previous error messages, they never said kernel security failure. Examples include system service exception, bad pool header, IRQL not less or equal, K mode exception not handled, and several others. No BSOD in past 10 days and no error messages

arnnad, May 11, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    O.k. not mentioned as a BSOD but i kind of figured it might of been with Kernel errors. Should be posted in the BSOD section of the forum for those members who know more about this to analyze your crash dump file. Sounds also like a sleep issue also. So now no BSOD's lately ? I can get the admin to move it if you like if still getting BSOD.

jds63, May 11, 2016
  7. arnnad Win User
    Thought the post didn't meet the BSOD forum criteria. Anywhere admin wants to move it is fine with me.
    Thanks again

arnnad, May 11, 2016
  8. jds63 Win User

Update glitch

Wait a minute i think it was moved i just do not recall noticing it before when i first read it.

Probably as said due to installed update and i feel hardware drivers to, by looking at the other examples of errors you received.

jds63, May 11, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Update glitch

1. Update glitch - Similar Threads - Update glitch

2. Graphics and resolution glitch after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics and resolution glitch after Windows 11 update: Shortly after updating, I noticed a problem with my pc. I was downloading a game while watching YouTube and the YouTube video quality was really bad, which I assumed was just an issue with the internet since I was downloading something. Except the internet browser was not the...
  3. Graphics and resolution glitch after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics and resolution glitch after Windows 11 update: Shortly after updating, I noticed a problem with my pc. I was downloading a game while watching YouTube and the YouTube video quality was really bad, which I assumed was just an issue with the internet since I was downloading something. Except the internet browser was not the...
  4. Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...: I'm reaching out for some help regarding a persistent and baffling problem with my ASUS ROG Strix G17 G713PV-HX050, powered by an AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX, RTX 4060,144Hz ,64GB RAM, dual 512GB SSDsI bought it new and after some time Windows has updated and replaced my original AMD...
  5. Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...

Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...: I'm reaching out for some help regarding a persistent and baffling problem with my ASUS ROG Strix G17 G713PV-HX050, powered by an AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX, RTX 4060,144Hz ,64GB RAM, dual 512GB SSDsI bought it new and after some time Windows has updated and replaced my original AMD...
  6. windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...: First of all, i hate windows update to the bones. second of all, the title. installed the update because i had no choice this is the update ->...
  7. windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...: First of all, i hate windows update to the bones. second of all, the title. installed the update because i had no choice this is the update ->...
  8. windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...

9. Windows Update Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Glitch: My windows has a glitch where every time i try to turn my pc on it says updating then it will get to 100 and fail and redo changed and retry and it happens for about 5 minutes and i have even reinstalled windows can any one help...
  10. Windows Update Glitch

Windows Update Glitch: My windows has a glitch where every time i try to turn my pc on it says updating then it will get to 100 and fail and redo changed and retry and it happens for about 5 minutes and i have even reinstalled windows can any one help...