Windows 10: Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update

Discus and support Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I just downloaded and installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update yesterday and so far I have noticed some changes in my computer that I was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by 2harts4ever, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update yesterday and so far I have noticed some changes in my computer that I was not aware of before the update.

(1) Somehow my System Restore was set to Disabled and all of my restore points are now gone and

(2) All of my Microsoft Update History is also missing.

Could the update be the cause of both?

Thanks and regards,

:)

2harts4ever, Aug 6, 2016

2. Using Security Essentials in Windows 10, vs. Windows Defender?

And was Win10 Anniversary Update (Win10 1607) offered & installed via Windows Update or did you have to install it manually?

Is KB3189866 listed in Installed Updates (not Update History) yet?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 6, 2016
  3. Repeated Pop up Internet Explorer has stopped working" Windows 10

Is KB3206632 listed in Installed Updates (not Update History)? [YES/NO]

If KB3206632 is listed but KB319986 is not listed, one assumes you installed Win10 Anniversary Update [AKA Win10 1607] after 27 October 2016.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 6, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update

Yes, the update is the cause of both.

Major version upgrades like this change so much functionality, they often have to reset various settings to default so that they are in a known good state. Unfortunately, many have complained about the System Restore option being reset to Disabled (this is the Windows default).

As for your previous restore points, that's to be expected. You can't restore to a previous restore point on a previous OS version. All the baseline files are different, and you would be restoring settings for the old OS if you were to somehow be able to restore it.

Think of it like a Bookmark or favorite, but they've moved the location to a different URL. Restoring the old favorite only points you to somewhere that doesn't exist anymore.

As for #2, your update history is gone because again, it's a fresh OS, and previous updates are all integrated into the OS now, not patches. Those old updates don't apply to the new OS anymore.

Mystere, Aug 6, 2016
  5. Hi Mystere,

I appreciate your fast and very informative response. *Smile

You have answered both my questions.

Your answers make sense to me but sometimes it takes a little nudging like your answers to pierce my 'brain-housing group' ...lol *Wink

Have a great weekend!

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Aug 6, 2016
  6. comp1mp Win User
    Two things.

I distinctly remember being prompted if I did not like the update I could roll back.

I was able to roll back to Windows 7 after upgrading to Windows 10.

Am I imagining this?

comp1mp, Aug 12, 2016
  7. Kbird Win User
    No Comp1, on major updates like this they allow you to roll back to the previous Build (1511.494 I think) , on C:\ Drive ,you will see a Folder called Windows.old , and there maybe a Folder called $Windows~BT too still from the Update. The original Win10 allowed you 30 days to Rollback but I read here on another thread that with AU (1607) it is only 10 days , then it self deletes.

I have already done it on one of my systems as my CPU temps went up 12-15degC at Idle , though I now think that was because 1607 also reset my power scheme's min and max processor % to 100% so it was always at Full speed and never stepping down ( I use the high performance power scheme usually), once i figured that out I went back to 1607.

Kbird, Aug 12, 2016
  8. surquhart Win User

Same here...

And isn't it just ironic that the Update History link for "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607" (the anniversary edition) "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12426?ocid=client_wu" takes you to "This page doesn’t exist.">. Just like Microsoft, everything sort of thought of. I'm liking Linux more and more.

surquhart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Update History missing

2. quality update history missing after jan update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    quality update history missing after jan update: I have windows 10 verson 20H2 build 19042.746 My Quality update history has disappeared after update kb4598242 first time this has happned https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quality-update-history-missing-after-jan-update/4d82fe80-da2d-48fa-bb09-6a974d574026
  3. Windows Update History Missing after Update 1903

Windows Update History Missing after Update 1903: After updating to Windows 10 version 1903, all update history is missing. Is there a away to restore it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-history-missing-after-update-1903/2181471a-53e1-4fe7-9cec-67d6ac3dd05a
  4. Missing Update History

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Missing Update History: In attempting to find information online as to what may be causing an issue with my mouse, I clicked on a link that I thought would be helpful. Instead, I ended up discovering something else. The article I was reading mentioned an update. When I went to find that update, I...
  5. Software missing after Win10 update

Software missing after Win10 update: Hi, I got my new laptop yesterday and installed several softwares. Everything is fine and Win10 started update itself at night, then when the update is finished, all my new softwares are gone... I am very disappointed by this issue and could you how me how to solve it?...
  6. Chess Titans missing after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chess Titans missing after Anniversary Update: Chess Titans is an excellent chess game developed by Oberon Games and included with Windows Vista and several editions of Windows 7. When Windows 8 and 10 were introduced, Chess Titans was not included but it was available via “Download Windows 7 games for Windows 10” from...
  7. after win10 anniversary update games look frozen but they are not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after win10 anniversary update games look frozen but they are not: Woke up to my computer updating to windows 10 anniversary update, thought ok whatever. after starting a game and alt tabbing out to do a few things. i get back in and notice the screen is frozen but the game is still running, you can still interact with everything and hit the...
  8. Anniversary Update Win10 printer not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anniversary Update Win10 printer not working: This is the 3rd major upgrade/update and each time I have had to re-install printer, drivers, etc. All steps have been taken again this time, with tech support and on my own. Documents are sitting in the print queue, but my printer will not print them. I am not the only...
  9. Win10 Anniversary Update Woes

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Anniversary Update Woes: Updated yesterday to Anniversary Update. My PC worked AoK for about an hour and then the Desktop stopped working. The mouse pointer still moved around, but will not activate the start menu, or any applications. Resorted to a hard re-boot. After that, Win-AU would work for 15...
  10. (win10, anniversary update) taskbar freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    (win10, anniversary update) taskbar freezes: sometimes the task bar freezes. i cannot open or close any program using the task bar icons. i cannot access the task manager by right-clicking on the task bar. open programs continue to run all right. i uninstalled the last two programs that i installed before the problem....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 Error 0x80070017